• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sajj316

I'm also having weapon parts shortage. Infusing and upgrading is keeping me from having no more than 20 parts at a time. Any suggestions on weapon parts (and glimmer) farming?

So far I've been using a Ghost that gives me glimmer against Hive and going to do CoO, any other recommendation?

I've got 18 reciprocal runes and I'm not afraid to use it .... for weapon parts. The grind is real people.

E92 M3

I'm fairly positive Bungie is celebrating at the amount of emotes they sold yesterday. They will have more Lamborghinis than Epic haha.

Feorax

For new page.

Kings fall run. Looking to start Asap. Some experience would be handy because I have no idea what I'm doing in there.

1. Feorax (PSN: MattIgoe)
2. CollateralCat
3. techn1colors
4. Three_Muffins

Homeboyd

I'm fairly positive Bungie is celebrating at the amount of emotes they sold yesterday. They will have more Lamborghinis than Epic haha.
No they are going to put 100% of that money back into sustaining the game. Building raids, gear, pvp maps, game modes, and all sorts of sweet new stuff. I just know it!

Deku Tree

I still do the easy gunsmith bounties each week, quickest and easiest rank up in the game. Get coins, motes, unique legendary guns.

I think my playstyle compliments dancing more than slow clapping.

i really like to jam one out really quick and slow clap doesn't really gel with that.

going to buy the carlton tonight

browndoom

Just recently got back in to Destiny since dropping it at level 8 when it launched.

Made a new character and boosted to 25 or whatever. Does this not count as a real 20+ for Iron Banner? Hovering over the playlist says requirements not met.

Shito

I think my playstyle compliments dancing more than slow clapping.

i really like to jam one out really quick and slow clap doesn't really gel with that.

going to buy the carlton tonight
Real talk: I would have bought the carlton if the animation for it was not so sped up...

So I ran into a gaf train yesterday while playing solo in IB, I recognized a few people including Kor_of memory. Thanks for stomping on me, guys.

I also jumped into classic 6v6 this morning getting to get 7 precision kills with that good awful first curse hand cannon, and DirtyAquaticApe was on my team! Gaf is everywhere.

noomi

I bought the one where you drop to your knees all like "NOOOOO" and the cowering one.

That's all I want, maybe in the future I'll opt to purchase some silver but I'm fine with what I have at the moment.

E92 M3

No they are going to put 100% of that money back into sustaining the game. Building raids, gear, pvp maps, game modes, and all sorts of sweet new stuff. I just know it!

"And then we told them we will be supporting the game!"

*Jason Jones pulling in*

Lamborghini Mercy
Your chick she so thirsty

Bradach

Whats a solid IB build? (Class / sub class / gun types)

Anyone care to link to their IB guardian so I can check it out?

I rarely play PvP but i'm thinking of heading into IB over the next few days.

Baliis

Just recently got back in to Destiny since dropping it at level 8 when it launched.

Made a new character and boosted to 25 or whatever. Does this not count as a real 20+ for Iron Banner? Hovering over the playlist says requirements not met.

I would assume you have to be level 40 for IB, you'd get smashed so hard otherwise

Welcome back!

I think IB requirement is being level 40 and at least 280 light.

Jito

Banned
It's impressive people still don't know how to play control, I consistently see people running past points to throw themselves into the meat grind trying to get a kill. It's fucking ridiculous that I'm the only person trying to get points.

CRSSTg-WwAUJ13u.jpg:large

Prime example, what the fuck are they playing at?

So I ran into a gaf train yesterday while playing solo in IB, I recognized a few people including Kor_of memory. Thanks for stomping on me, guys.

I also jumped into classic 6v6 this morning getting to get 7 precision kills with that good awful first curse hand cannon, and DirtyAquaticApe was on my team! Gaf is everywhere.

Yes! One of my teammates hit me and I was like, "Well that's rude..." then I saw your name pop up!

That HC quest...I got it that round. WOOF. I am no bueno with them + that's a VERY tough gun to use. It requires a skilled hand.

So after looking at the emotes I got from the Humble Gestures package (it's a pack of 8 emotes you get for free if you preordered the digital CE early or something), I noticed a legendary emote NOT sold for silver.

Check it out here it's awesome. Ignore the annoying YouTube personality

https://youtu.be/lvSsPvPMWd0

sajj316

Whats a solid IB build? (Class / sub class / gun types)

Anyone care to link to their IB guardian so I can check it out?

I rarely play PvP but i'm thinking of heading into IB over the next few days.

Primary - Hawkmoon or Hung Jury for primary. Been having luck with Boolean Gemini
Special - Eirene RR4 or 1000 Yard Stare
Heavy - Ruin Wake

EDIT Use Hunter and Gungslinger

EDIT2: I use Golden Gun because of the Sunbreakers. I keep my old Symbiote helm to get the 4th golden gun shot. My overall level is still about 289

Tovarisc

Multiple sunbreaker titans in one team is such ridiculous bullshit. You keep constantly running into godmode titans who nuke you from distance with their hammers. Sunbreaker possibly is worst thing Bungie has done to Destiny PvP this far.

Yeah, I'm salty and frustrated about having to deal with sunbreakers.

Multiple sunbreaker titans in one team is such ridiculous bullshit. You keep constantly running into godmode titans who nuke you from distance with their hammers. Sunbreaker possibly is worst thing Bungie has done to Destiny PvP this far.

for whatever reason i found them to be extra squishy in iron banner

Bradach

Solar titan, Hawksaw/Red Death - conspiracy theory D - HMG/Truth

Primary - Hawkmoon or Hung Jury for primary. Been having luck with Boolean Gemini
Special - Eirene RR4 or 1000 Yard Stare
Heavy - Ruin Wake

EDIT Use Hunter and Gungslinger

Thanks Lads, I have some of those weapons so I should be able to put together a starting build and see how it feels.

Looks good. I have a lot of that stuff too. Except the shotty. The only decent LL shotty I have I got from the quest reward. I'll have to snipe until I get something better

Baliis

It's impressive people still don't know how to play control, I consistently see people running past points to throw themselves into the meat grind trying to get a kill. It's fucking ridiculous that I'm the only person trying to get points.

But you get points by kills in control. Really if you're good enough, you only need one point to win as long as you massively out kill the other team.

You only really need one person to cap a point too, everyone else needs to be clearing so the capper doesn't just get shot. A whole team standing on the point is just grenade/super fodder. Most of the B points are super easy to shoot at from far away, so you need to control the whole area, not just the point itself.

Admodieus

Now you know how Titans felt in Year 1 dealing with blink shotgun Voidwalkers/Bladedancers and Golden Guns popping their bubbles.

I'm sure you'll get your revenge in Year 3

Shito

CRSSTg-WwAUJ13u.jpg:large

Prime example, what the fuck are they playing at?
If Bungie ever does the turn medals to emblems thing, I have a stock of "Objectively Correct" ones to turn in...

sajj316

Thanks Lads, I have some of those weapons so I should be able to put together a starting build and see how it feels.

Looks good. I have a lot of that stuff too. Except the shotty. The only decent LL shotty I have I got from the quest reward. I'll have to snipe until I get something better

Conspiracy Theory is also good. It's a Vanguard shotty.

rNilla

Accidentally bought Strength of the Pack again when turning in shards. God damnit. It takes me so long to accumulate marks!

Jito

Banned
But you get points by kills in control. Really if you're good enough, you only need one point to win as long as you massively out kill the other team.

You only really need one person to cap a point too, everyone else needs to be clearing so the capper doesn't just get shot. A whole team standing on the point is just grenade/super fodder. Most of the B points are super easy to shoot at from far away, so you need to control the whole area, not just the point itself.

I'm talking bout when my team is miles behind and struggling to even hold one point, just like in the picture I posted. Teammates were spawning and simply running to B and dying over and over again, it's mind blowing how shit people are at this.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Control is too hard for most folks to understand, I'm finding. I either have (i) people who don't want to capture flags or (ii) people who ONLY want to capture flags. People need to keep in mind that you don't get points just for holding the flags like you do in other games (e.g., BF). And I know getting the B flag is cool and all, but on some maps, it's okay to let B go for a bit and capture A/C instead of running to B and getting mowed down over and over and over.

Shito

Ah-ha, so I can buy it! Great, I thought I'd have to wait for a drop. I'll pick that up later
I can confirm it's a damn good shotgun: got one to drop with quite the perfect roll, and even without the perks unlocked yet I got some bullshit kills with it yesterday.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I'd rather face a sunbreaker than a stormcalling warlock. Almost impossible to avoid the stupid lightning and they don't even have to aim really. At least I can LOS a titan.

Lee

Sunbreakers aren't invincible, but it's pretty crazy that if you get one to a sliver, but he gets the kill, his overshield is right back. I'm fine with the duration of the super, and the amount of hammers they get, but the overshield refresh on kills is what gets me.

It's going to be annoying in trials going up against teams of sunbreakers and needing to really play defensively and hold on to your supers to combat that shit.

Also, nightstalker super isn't reliably fast enough to shut them down before they kill you/those around you. Golden gun it is I guess. Got to rethink my trials build, which sucks because I was really looking forward to shade stepping around.

void666

Banned
I don't think sunbreakers are a big deal. I'm a hammerbro myself. Sometimes i kill. Sometimes i get killed or supressed.

If i see an enemy sunbreaker i try to kill him if he is wounded or focused on someone else.
Or else i run like i would run from a GG hunter or a stormcaller until his super runs out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom