• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyne

But how?? Im waking the hive and getting 7 headshots in a row seems impossible with these moving thralls.

And do i have to get 7 precision sprees on crucicble with this awful handcannon? If so, rip.

stop waking the hive. awful way to do it.

siege of the warmind or sunless cell before boss bridge.

maomaoIYP

It's these new maps man.

Almost all of them have a 360 field of vision where you can get shot at B.

With the old maps there were strategic choke points. This allowed a not-so-good-at-killing-team to get the upper hand by playing smart.

Now you -need- to be able to out-gun the enemy or else you'll immediately lose B, and then fall behind on points.

I'm glad that I have friends that I play IB with. I can't imagine running solo. We always have like 3~ spots on the train so I'll def post up later for anyone who is needing a team.

I'm running IB solo. In fact I've never been on an IB train due to time zone differences with most of DGaf.
I've won 6 out of 7 matches so far. One match us 6 randoms smashed a premade team of 6. It was amazing.

From two encounters I can say for certain it takes two Golden shots to kill a full health Sunbreaker and range does not matter as I was fairly close both times. I will say Sunbreaker supers are easy to avoid unless it gets popped right in front you. If I hear that audio cue I just run. I get killed by just about every other super in the game more than Sunbreaker...even First Of Panic. It was being used in Iron Banner a lot.

Also I doubt if it power actually mattering, but my performance Iron Banner hasbeen much more solid than I expected. I have never finished with the top score before(that I can remember) and I actually did yesterday. Would have completed every bounty, but one required rank 4.

Also I love Hawkmoon...

Klyka

Banned
Being on an IB train with GAFfers is the difference between me getting a 0.5 KDR or a 1.5+ KDR.

It's fucking scary how good some of you guys are in PvP. My weapons always feel like wet fart guns.

Bold One

fuck sake this is the problem with crucible focused bounties and field tests, once people complete it, they leave the match

6v3

real fair

Match ended with me at 6/7 kills four fucking times so far. This is rage inducing.

Edit; The precision part makes it stupid as hell.

i can help

But how?? Im waking the hive and getting 7 headshots in a row seems impossible with these moving thralls.

And do i have to get 7 precision sprees on crucicble with this awful handcannon? If so, rip.

git gut igor :p

do siege of warmind, it's easier there. get rid of the knights, get 3 head shots on acolytes to proc triple tap, then kill 4 thralls right after

Kyne

Being on an IB train with GAFfers is the difference between me getting a 0.5 KDR or a 1.5+ KDR.

It's fucking scary how good some of you guys are in PvP. My weapons always feel like wet fart guns.

this is another reason trains are important.

communicating with teammates will increase your overall chances of killing the other team. This may sound obvious but what it actually does is make it so that you're not overwhelmed by multiple opponents. There are a lot of people out there that can definitely take down someone else at a good 1.0 ratio, but if your team is not picking up any slack and allowing the other team to travel in groups of 2-3 then even someone who's better than average will die during an encounter.

Basically carry your own weight and everything will be fine. If you feel like you aren't doing so hot then stand back and play the patient game.. don't run in and feed the other team's score. This is one of the most maddening part about randos. They just kamikaze and feed points + allow the other team to build super quickly.

Farming Warsat was alot better with a group chitchatting to help pass time. Thanks Gutz, Phaethon, Milkham and Wicked :3

Now I require more corn flakes :p

Deku Tree

We (my raid buddies and I) decided last night that raid weapons were eligible for sharding.

They will never allowing ascending again, and if they do ever decide that VoC or Fatebringer has a place in the endgame again, we will probably have to get them all over again.

Unless you use them for regular Crucible, only nostalgia stands in your way.

Sometimes I use my elemental primary scouts to do the elemental kills bounty, but last week I decided that I didn't need to keep doing that bounty anyway.

What's the best PVP/competitive heavy weapon within legendary? I am assuming rockets still remain supreme or are people really using swords?

Also can we have another Vita discussion. . I might pick it up around black friday just for remote play within my house.

Ha! I barely missed it that round, and I said screw it. I'll need a kind soul to jump into rumble with me so I can get some easy kills.

I don't blame you. It's tought. I'll be the first to admit, most of these exotic quests don't make me feel like I've earned anything. Instead, I'm exhausted and glad to be done with them. I understand what they are trying to do and I appreciate that. I think the execution needs to be better on most of them.

As it stands, the sword quest MINUS the material farming part is the best one IMHO.

I had a really awesome start to my raid today. Got something OTHER than shards at Totems (Midha's reckoning, which I fed to my Spindle) for the first time. Again at War Priest got something OTHER than shards for the first time (Qullim's Terminus). I thought that this would be the time I'd get the helm and the Scout Rifle. Then after that it all went to shit.

Shards, Gauntlets and Boots at lower light and worse perks than the ones I already had, and then Oryx took 20 shards and gave me two in return.

RNG is a fickle mistress.

PuMa

I don't blame you. It's tought. I'll be the first to admit, most of these exotic quests don't make me feel like I've earned anything. Instead, I'm exhausted and glad to be done with them. I understand what they are trying to do and I appreciate that. I think the execution needs to be better on most of them.

As it stands, the sword quest MINUS the material farming part is the best one IMHO.

Exotic quest anti-hype. I'm on board.

Feorax

Ok, gonna start up the raid with 5. I'll keep an eye on the thread and if anyone wants in then let me know here.

FRs have been sent and I'll set up a party now.

I think 2 hammers drop a bubble. Then they have 4-5 left to hammer you and anyone in the bubble.

But last night I never had a Hammer Bro do that. They kept coming into my bubble to hammer me face to face. Armor of Light lets me absorb one hammer and once they're in my bubble, they're in range of Invective.

Dante316

What's the best PVP/competitive heavy weapon within legendary? I am assuming rockets still remain supreme or are people really using swords?

Also can we have another Vita discussion. . I might pick it up around black friday just for remote play within my house.

Heavy machine guns IMHO. One heavy ammo drop and the way you utilize the bullets can net you easily 5 kill streak or more.

Sometimes I use my elemental primary scouts to do the elemental kills bounty, but last week I decided that I didn't need to keep doing that bounty anyway.
I think I end up finishing those with my snipers, just playing the game.

Personally, I will never dismantle the Vault primaries but their utility is dramatically reduced.

Well, I finally dismantled all my Crota raid weapons. I was out of space and since Black Spindle exists, that whole weapon set is factually terrible now.
Did you guys like any of the Crota weapons more than their Atheon counterparts besides the Black Hammer?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Yeah, you and I did. But read what I was responding to. He pre-ordered the CE before the $20 emote package was announced.

Didn't see that part. Was kinda excited about the 2000 silver. I like the new emotes. Wish I could change my hunter Awoken wave. Really don't like the bow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom