• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

TIGER MAAAAAAAAAAASK

m2WUute.jpg

Yeah. Sounds like if you just play the game this week as normal you'll get all the masks. WHO HAS VAULT SPACE FOR THIS? I need more vault space.

My vaults fucked, unless it drops a 1000yd stare with Shortgaze, LiTC, Hidden Hand and Snapshot I ain't got time for this

If this is what the live team is going to bring (and yes I appreciate the effort) I don't hold out much hope for the future

My vaults fucked, unless it drops a 1000yd stare with Shortgaze, LiTC, Hidden Hand and Snapshot I ain't got time for this

If this is what the live team is going to bring (and yes I appreciate the effort) I don't hold out much hope for the future

really? seems cool for a Halloween event.

Yeah. I feel the same way, but again, this is just good silly fun and if it makes folks happy that's great!

Klyka

Banned

It's a fun holiday event.
cheer up man, take it easy, it's for fun.

but ain't no one got space for FUN in their vault left, eh?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
So basically there's a rare and legendary version of a mask. To make a rare mask legendary you need paper glue so that you get to keep the mask forever after the event expires.

Klyka

Banned
Got confirmation from reddit:

For the people who are afraid you have to buy Silver to get the masks, you don't. You just have to grind candy like crazy. Killing regular enemies with a mask on gives you one candy, and Majors (Yellow) give you 5. No idea about Crucible kills or Ultras.

No silver needed AT ALL to get masks! Only emotes cost silver!

We know that Crucible kills give candy and someone said he "filled his bag after one game"

noomi

this seems pretty similar to what WoW does right?

Yup, they have different themed festivals throughout the year. It's been years since I've last played but I know they had a lunar fest, halloween, christmas, valentines day..etc

Very fun stuff.

oh good, glad I still have 200 free Silver to splurge. might as well.

Some guys confirmed that you can also get some masks by filling candy bags (you can do this with crucible kills) so you don't even need to spend silver if you don't want to ;)

Everyone gets a free Legendary mask and one free rare mask by doing the first tower quests. To get all of the other masks you basically grind PvP kills to get more candy which leads to more rare masks. Any rare mask (same as legendary, they just expire at the end of the event, whereas legendaries don't) can be converted to a legendary mask with 1 glue. You get glue from your goody bags from grinding PvP. In addition, there are questlines involving masks. So you get more masks, do more quest, get more masks and other silly items. Buying the legendary packages for silver is just a short cut. I don't see anything that is silver only (assuming emotes are the only silver only festival items, but maybe even those drop from quests?)

GhaleonEB

I think it's a bit early to leap to the conclusion that the first thing they do will be the only kind of thing they do. This is just a fun Halloween event.

Yeah. I feel the same way, but again, this is just good silly fun and if it makes folks happy that's great!

Its like the treasure key farming, short term things that people go wild over/grind the hell out of then 3 days later the game goes back to normal. Its not about being a fun sponge I'd just rather they brought constant QoL updates

But what do the masks do? They are just cosmetic, yes? They replace your helmet, can't be infused?

Vault space is not an issue, armor inventory has lots of space..

They're just cosmetic it sounds like that are associated with "fun" quests with no real meaningful rewards. Just an MMO style event.

Unless....well...I mean...of course if you get all the masks you are rewarded with Fatebringer 2.0

/kappa

PuMa

Its like the treasure key farming, short term things that people go wild over/grind the hell out of then 3 days later the game goes back to normal. Its not about being a fun sponge I'd just rather they brought constant QoL updates

Treasure keys were not purely for cosmetic purposes though. This is completely different. Just good clean fun.

Why didn't they make it so that we can wear the masks and our helmets!? These are too funny looking. Would have loved to have a full fireteam of Crota mask doing Kings Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom