• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWood12

Better gif of the Thriller. Holy shit longest emote ever.
1491312820926541744.gif

Gold_Loot

I decided that I'd plunk down cash when the Live team started doing cool stuff, to support them.

Cash will be spent this evening.
My reaction:
I'll never spend money on some silly dance emote!

*looks at thriller dance*
*opens wallet*

How much you want tess?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Oh my god the respawn stuff is awesome.

Finally hit rank 3 in House of Judgment. Those 5 shaders are finally mine.

GhaleonEB

I think the new Crucible map alone is enough to indicate the Live team will be dropping more than just fun events. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

NastyBook

How do you Grinch on Halloween, Eris?
Muh waifu is so cuuuuute when she's indifferent.

"My life is the Festival of the Lost....with far less candy."

lol @ the ppl's masks. Particularly Cayde's and Banshee's.

Kyoufu

I think the new Crucible map alone is enough to indicate the Live team will be dropping more than just fun events. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

Wasn't this map developed alongside all the other TTK content? We were missing one map and everyone thought it was coming with Trials of Osiris.

GlamFM

Banned

Did not download a patch, so I´m going to assume the map was always there and probably has nothing to do with the live team.

GhaleonEB

Between Kayde wearing and Eris mask and Eris giving out a box of raisins, I can't stop laughing. That's just so perfect.

Did not download a patch, so I´m going to assume the map was always there and probably has nothing to do with the live team.

Oh, definitely, which is why I said I hope it's a sign of things to come. Though I still expect to be reading, "Eh, they probably held that back from the Taken King," by mid summer next year.

shermas

About the quest rewards, all you get is another 'gift of the lost' bag, which contain masks and those glimmer consumables.

As far as I know, there's nothing LL associated with any of this - at all. It's purely cosmetic and you don't need to spend any silver to do it. Using silver just speeds up the process.

I just finished the 30 pvp kills with an engram mask and the 5 pvp sword kills with the crota mask and got a mystery bag from Eris.

edit: The mask RNG... bungie, pls. I've had 5 or 6 engram masks already, both exotic engrams AND legendary engram masks. :p

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I dislike that this event is pretty much pay-only.

AFAIK you only get one legendary mask and one glue from Eva per account. It's impossible to do the quests unless you spend cold hard cash.

I hate what Destiny is becoming =(

Tecnniqe

Banned
Im trying to give Destiny a break but it just keeps pulling me in with this stuff.
Timegated exotics and idk Halloween missions that require grinding for masks.

Im not even sure what im doing during this event.

GlamFM

Banned

AFAIK you only get one legendary mask and one glue from Eva per account. It's impossible to do the quests unless you spend cold hard cash.

You´re wrong though. Don´t need to spend ANY silver.

What are you talking about? You can get infinite masks by just killing mobs in PvE or guardians in PvP for candy that fills your bag, that you turn in for more masks every time it fills up. You can get a new mask every 10 minutes.

spyder_ur

I'm no development expert, but isn't it a stretch to say they'd be turning anything around that fast?

I've always said that the change to micro transactions and away from larger expansions had nothing to do with actually funding content, it was all about finding the ideal price point. Ideal for Bungie/Activision, not us, of course.

That said, I think anyone saying this little thing is a bad sign for the live team is reading way too much into it. Seems like a fun little thing and something we could've used more in year 1.

What modes are people seeing the new map in? Is it really tight like most of TTK maps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom