• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pong!

Neo Member
This might be a long shot, but does anyone have an Atheon checkpoint they would be willing to share? Thanks!

PSN: Luft46

geordiemp

Sorry, just got finished playing a bunch and too stressful to play a huge chunk.

edit: Is the Inward Lamp randomly rolled at 7 wins? I can't tell. Got Full Auto/Outlaw with a bunch of stability perks.

Yes, I got third eye last perk, middle seems to be same.

So whats the point in going to the Lighthouse again?

Did it on my second character and all I got was a shitty auto rifle. Not even an emblem. Thats not worth spending all that time and effort for. Guess the real loot is in the bounties now. Absolute bullshit.

Trials just got so much easier.

Your emblems were probably full. You get an emblem from opening the chest.

Zocano

So whats the point in going to the Lighthouse again?

Trials just got so much easier.

Yah I dunno. All they can do with weapons at the moment is put god rolls on the highest end tier stuff but I feel like that's a shitty solution. Their main problem rears its head again where they just don't have a lot of really different and unique shit to give to us as end-game rewards. Just some crazy unique and different perks is all they need. They don't have to be god like like White Nail was for PvP but some actual good shit would be nice.

Trials is easier to get what you want without going flawless, yah, but it's just way more intense at the longer streaks. Win/win for most people, actually.

Your emblems were probably full. You get an emblem from opening the chest.

I specifically opened a spot in my emblem inventory. My second character did not get an emblem.

Yah I dunno. All they can do with weapons at the moment is put god rolls on the highest end tier stuff but I feel like that's a shitty solution. Their main problem rears its head again where they just don't have a lot of really different and unique shit to give to us as end-game rewards. Just some crazy unique and different perks is all they need. They don't have to be god like like White Nail was for PvP but some actual good shit would be nice.

Trials is easier to get what you want without going flawless, yah, but it's just way more intense at the longer streaks. Win/win for most people, actually.

You know, I get that that it is a problem, but I mean, an auto rifle with zero impact and full rate of fire? What am I gonna do with that?

Its just 0 reward for so much effort, especially with the change in matchmaking. There's no steamrolling to 9-0.

Really disappointed.

Of course I can see why its a win-win situation, everyone can get to the gold packages now. But its the same problem as with the HM raid. The loot is just so terribly disappointing for people who put the time and effort into doing it.

geordiemp

The problem with trials 2.0 is after 7 wins the skill based match making kicks in and you get matched up with players with fair (best) and poor connections flicking between yellow and red bar.

The first few matches are all green, but once the SBMM kicks in after 6/7/8 wins, it becomes a lag fest and just poor.

Shame, I used to enjoy trials, but they ruined it. They promised connection would be king, so i should be getting good connecting players - bungie failed.

Also the guns are not great, whats the point ? Best guns are still god roll vendor guns. We got wrecked by a guy with a god roll spare change on last game (counter balance plus all stability perks), messenger 2.0....and he was a solid red bar in each round.

So annoyed, Bungie ruined trials.

Thanks Grim and Tears for a nice Lighthouse run!

Got this:

sh95jFZh.jpg

And this sweet emblem:

Literally cannot get past five wins and had 15 flawless in year one.

Jesus christ.

I can't make heads or tails of this new map or this new meta.

Zocano

I really don't understand why they aren't making weird unique perks. I really don't get it. Just experiment, and if it's shit it's shit and if it's broken pull it.

I really don't understand why they aren't making weird unique perks. I really don't get it. Just experiment, and if it's shit it's shit and if it's broken pull it.
Look at all the new exotics - they're just out of ideas. There aren't new unique perks because they can't come up with them.

Zocano

You know, I get that that it is a problem, but I mean, an auto rifle with zero impact and full rate of fire? What am I gonna do with that?

Really disappointed.

Whoever is hand crafting the weapon perks for the rewards is a master troll and it's really annoying, I agree. While I say it's a shitty solution, it's one they really should take for now because at least then the rewards feel good rather than they are now (I think the raid gear is *mostly* okay and not as super crap as most say it is).

But seriously though. There is one easy ("easy") solution and that's crazy unique perks. They don't have to be great, preferrably not broken, but if they're quirky and cool, people will want them.

Look at all the new exotics - they're just out of ideas. There aren't new unique perks because they can't come up with them.

Yah it's not really an easy job but they need to stop trying to play within weapon archetypes they have now and stop just sticking to hit scan weapons. Make curvy bullets, make ricochet actually worth a damn, make a gun that can shoot around corners like a homing missle. Basically look at the Resistance and Ratchet and Clank games and start borrowing ideas from that. Them being so strict with the weapon archetypes is fucking them up super hard. PvP weapons should mark. Like a gun that shoots at a pinging grenade dart thing or a scout rifle that marks an enemy for a long time. Or put suppression on a fusion rifle. Long form area denial. Have a gun like Fabian Strategy put up a really weak but frequent shield in front of your face.

Avixph

Whoever is hand crafting the weapon perks for the rewards is a master troll and it's really annoying, I agree. While I say it's a shitty solution, it's one they really should take for now because at least then the rewards feel good rather than they are now (I think the raid gear is *mostly* okay and not as super crap as most say it is).

But seriously though. There is one easy ("easy") solution and that's crazy unique perks. They don't have to be great, preferrably not broken, but if they're quirky and cool, people will want them.
Stuff like bonus super energy for killing certain classes or people during a super would be unique, but I'm guessing you mean something weirder right?

Something like that would be great. It doesnt have to be OP, as long as its unique in a way.

I was referencing to getting zero loot, except shards, from HM bosses by the way. Its a similar slap to the face.

ocean

Banned
Been watching Nghtly stream and he makes the last word look like it didn't even get a nerf.
*bow*
You should have seen him when he was starting up a character on XBO. Level 3, no double jump, no abilities no nothing. White starter HC and sniper.

Averaged like 1.7 in Skirmish.

Zocano

I was referencing to getting zero loot, except shards, from HM bosses by the way. Its a similar slap to the face.

Oh, right, I agree that's stupid bullshit. No loot is garbage, you should always get *something*. It doesn't have to be gear but a ticket system that most MMOs have implemented now is a really smart idea. So at least you're working towards something.

Stuff like bonus super energy for killing certain classes or people during a super would be unique, but I'm guessing you mean something weirder right?

The Bullseye from Resistance or maybe the Auger. Would be amazing area denial to have the Auger. Have it work almost exactly the same (sans shield). A fusion rifle that shoots through walls but the projectiles "hit" the wall and have to pass through it slowly.

1/1 on Mercury Runs!!! Big Thanks to my clanmates EJRobinson and Tears. #SoM4Life

I specifically opened a spot in my emblem inventory. My second character did not get an emblem.

Its just 0 reward for so much effort, especially with the change in matchmaking. There's no steamrolling to 9-0.

Really disappointed.

Of course I can see why its a win-win situation, everyone can get to the gold packages now. But its the same problem as with the HM raid. The loot is just so terribly disappointing for people who put the time and effort into doing it.

Loots on the same level as HoW ToO...idk what more you want? Either way, settle down Mr. Grumpy Pants.

Thanks Grim and Tears for a nice Lighthouse run!

Thanks to both you guys again. Always fun and that's really why I keep playing this game.

Zocano

Pretty sure Unstable mentioned this (I think) but they really need to break out of their weapon archetypes. It's fine to have them but when they make unique items they can not be in those archetypes or be restricted by them.

#nomorehitscan

1/1 on Mercury Runs!!! Big Thanks to my clanmates EJRobinson and Tears. #SoM4Life

Loots on the same level as HoW ToO...idk what more you want? Either way, settle down Mr. Grumpy Pants.

Thanks to both you guys again. Always fun and that really why I keep playing this game.

Shut up and let me be angry Raging Alcoholic!

Also, didn't trials weapons drop at 170 before? I honestly forgot.
Even so, if you're gonna make the trip to the Lighthouse harder through a different matchmaking system, the trip's gotta be even more worth it, you know?

Oh well. You're right. Play this game for the people playing it with you. Much less stressful.

Shut up and let me be angry Raging Alcoholic!

Also, didn't trials weapons drop at 170 before? I honestly forgot.
Even so, if you're gonna make the trip to the Lighthouse harder through a different matchmaking system, the trip's gotta be even more worth it, you know?

Oh well. You're right. Play this game for the people playing it with you. Much less stressful.

Don't play PvP, so you don't get angry. But you'll get angry at me anyways for having the Scarab emblem :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom