• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Jinjo

The ghost idea sounds like a lot of work unless it's just a skin that references him in the name or flavor text.

Guardian Down isn't bad but I feel like in loving memory of drizz or something would be more tasteful.

The latter is what I meant, whenever you'd whip out the ghost you'd be reminded of him. Even if it's just a ghost with a unique flavour text/skin.

A grimoire ghost is cool too, but probably more 'invading' to the game, since those are usually to unlock actually lore.

Either way, it was just a silly thought, I have indeed no idea if something like that is even possible. We'll all surely remind him whenever we're playing Destiny no matter what.

Blunoise

Man just heard this from My Psn clan group! RIP Guardian, I may have not played games with you, but I know your influence in this forum you will be miss but never forgotten in the stars above.

Just saw the other threqd, but after coming to this one, I now realize how much of an impact he had on the community here. So awesome, add me as another voice in support for Bungie inserting some nod to him in future iterations of the game.

RIP Drizzay

RIP Drizz, you were always so patient and supportive in everything you did. You had such a huge impact on this community and you will forever be a part of every DGAFers lives. Rest in Peace my friend, I can't believe you are gone.

original.jpg

Nudull

Banned
I haven't been too involved with DGAF, but I share your condolences.

RIP, Drizz, and thank you for your contributions to the community.

Frenden

Banned
I've tried to write something that encompasses the multitude of feelings and breadth of loss experienced upon hearing the news, but find it impossible.

Drizzay was a great friend to many, a help to even more, and a source of joy to all.

I miss him already.

Was there anyone in this community Drizz hadn't helped in some way? My first Skolas, my flawless raid... Count me among the many who has had a more enriching Destiny experience because of him. He'll be sorely missed.

Truly a legend, and the best of dgaf.

XenoRaven

Legs of the Exile (Warlock Trials boots) flavor text, referencing Osiris:

"Many followed him when he left - if not with their feet, then with their hearts." - Fractal Scrolls

That's all I have right now

darknil

I'm in shock, it always surprised me how much he did for the community, all those Skolas kills being so patient and explaining everything..

Thanks to him I was able to get Y1 MoT, my only Mercury visit and recently the flawless raid, even when he played with a lot of people, he remembered who he was playing.

My condolences to his family, I just don't know what else to say.

He just helped me for the Flawless Raider trophies few weeks ago.

Man, he was such a nice guy. Always helping others.

RIP Guardian, you've always been legend.

Shiv47

Jesus, this is horrible news. Like many here, he helped me beat Skolas, get a Spindle, and took my character to Mercury. An all around class act. RIP and condolences to his family.

GlamFM

Banned
Oh my God! No!

No!

Noooooo!

Drizz was the heart and soul of DGAF. A legend.

Always patient, always helpful.

Always so SO nice.

Played countless times with him.

I am so angry, I am so sorry.

I am so sad.

Rip Drizz.

<3

Another first-try-first-timer, congrats to darkistheway on his first clear! Couldn't have been smoother once the silent assassin drassill joined up to help.

CNTxSQzUAAI3SCF.jpg:large
From almost a year ago, back in OT 28.

I don't know what else to do. This is my tribute to him. He got me my Year One Triumph and he did it pretty much by himself. I loved that he thought to take a picture.

drassill had no mic so we pulled the essence off him whenever he danced. It was fun and totally chill. If you happen to die, Drizzay would just say "no worries, we're fine" and he would revive you next rotation. I was in awe of his skill and his willingness to help.

Wtf are kidding me!? I am truly shocked...just the other night I as talking to him on Discord. Beyond shook right now ....

When I saw the topic on the gaming side I couldn't believe it. I refused to believe it but entering DGaf this is true... I am fucking heartbroken right now. The man was such a kind soul you could tell in his voice. I am pretty choked up right now i honestly cannot comprehend it. He helped me through my first year one flawless in Trials and not to mention the raids he would help out in. The world lost a great human being and friend. My condolences go out to his family RIP Drizz, you will definitely be missed but your legend will live on.

DjRalford

Well Shit.

I can remember him helping me run through and get the black spindle, the guy knew his stuff and was a legend in his own right.

RIP

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Driz was one of the few if not the only person who has never given me crap about anything. He was the driving force for me to get better at the game, a game I didn't plan to even spend more than a week or two with. Whatever kind of help you needed he was there to either give you tips or flat out help you. Driz was the voice of reason when things got too heated for whatever reasons. He was everything for this community.
The most memorable thing to me is when we, Val and I, spent 7 hours trying to take down Skolas. We decided enough was enough and Driz step in and killed him with us first try.
Driz liked to randomly come into my late night streams and just yap about whatever. The last thing we talked about was how I'm going to get a new PC and he was asking me for tips on streaming, what kind of software to use, etc. That is the last I saw of him/talked to him. I was wondering to myself why he wasn't around for my streams in the last few days.
It takes me a whole lot to cry or even show my emotions but I am legit crying right now. When I came to this thread and read the news I refused to believe it. This is the absolute worst thing that could have happened to this community.
Thoughts and prayers to his family. RIP Drizzay.

RIP Drizzay. One of the people I played Destiny with the most, and it's no joke that I'd probably still be struggling to take down Crota if I'd never met him.

I remember back in the first few days of the Crota Raid, EL CUCO invited me to join in to replace someone who had to bail 2hrs into their Crota kill attempt. Drizzay was swordbearer obviously, and was patiently explaining how to do things to everyone even though they'd been Raiding for over 4hrs. Rockets! Rockets! Rockets! Followed by that classic Oh baby! when Crota finally collapsed.

There's no way I would have continued playing this game if it hadn't been for him to help me in the Raids and Skolas. I know Bungie owes him a ton of thanks for keeping DGAFfers from quitting due to frustration as well. With his work ethic he'd be a millionaire on Destiny Sherpas.

All the Raids, PoE, IB Trains, Mercury runs - thousands of hours of good times. To say I'll miss playing with him would be a massive understatement. I can't even imagine this game without him.

GhaleonEB

Just getting online today, and saw the awful news about Drizzay. RIP

I didn't know him that well, only through my interactions here on DGAF, but he was an enthusiastic, friendly guy and a wonderful contributor to this community. He'll be dearly missed. How devastating for his wife and family, to lose him so young.

:(

We'll need someone to take up making the new OT's, but this thread can run a bit long while it's sorted out, if need be.

Atkison04

RIP Drizzay. One of the people I played Destiny with the most, and it's no joke that I'd probably still be struggling to take down Crota if I'd never met him.

I remember back in the first few days of the Crota Raid, EL CUCO invited me to join in to replace someone who had to bail 2hrs into their Crota kill attempt. Drizzay was swordbearer obviously, and was patiently explaining how to do things to everyone even though they'd been Raiding for over 4hrs. Rockets! Rockets! Rockets! Followed by that classic Oh baby! when Crota finally collapsed.

There's no way I would have continued playing this game if it hadn't been for him to help me in the Raids and Skolas. I know Bungie owes him a ton of thanks for keeping DGAFfers from quitting due to frustration as well. With his work ethic he'd be a millionaire on Destiny Sherpas.

All the Raids, PoE, IB Trains, Mercury runs - thousands of hours of good times. To say I'll miss playing with him would be a massive understatement. I can't even imagine this game without him.

What up bro?

Just read about drizzay passing over on gaming side. Just wanted to pop in this thread to show some respect. Drizzay was a legend and a great guy. I'm fortunate to have played with him back in the day thanks to phaethon here.

Rip drizzay :/

Born2Live

RIP Drizz.

My thoughts go out to his wife and family.

Such a helpful and patient person that was always willing to help with anything and do it an a way which was so nice and friendly too.

Played with many a times and he was always a true pleasure to play with and a massive lose to this community. If there was ever an embodiment of what gaming online should be Dizz was it.

Such sad news.

Ty

Klyka

Banned
My first thought when I preordered Rise of Iron and started looking forward to playing Destiny again was "Man, I hope I get to play with Drizzay again"

He helped me with Skolas, he helped me with doing raids with my two friends who had just started out, helped me with my exotic sword and to get black spindle...

I am in no way as engaged in this community as basically any of you all but
Fuck, I'll miss you Drizzay

GlamFM

Banned
Still so hard to believe.

It's the middle of the night in Germany and I can't sleep.

Hope for something like a Drizz grimoire card in the next expansion.

And a "Legend" tag here on GAF.

I'm so sad.

Weeping reading everyone's comments. Never played with him or chatted with him but his insight and willingness to respond to all new comers was wonderful. RIP

Haybro

This really hit me hard. As has been said many times, Drizz was a such a pillar of this community. It's hard to imagine it without him. My thoughts go out to his family.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I consider it a huge honor to have played with Drizz. The nicest dude I've ever played with. I think I only got Skolas once all because of him.

I'm so sad right now. We miss you man. My prayers are with your wife and family.

Driz was one of the few if not the only person who has never given me crap about anything. He was the driving force for me to get better at the game, a game I didn't plan to even spend more than a week or two with. Whatever kind of help you needed he was there to either give you tips or flat out help you. Driz was the voice of reason when things got too heated for whatever reasons. He was everything for this community.
The most memorable thing to me is when we, Val and I, spent 7 hours trying to take down Skolas. We decided enough was enough and Driz step in and killed him with us first try.
Driz liked to randomly come into my late night streams and just yap about whatever. The last thing we talked about was how I'm going to get a new PC and he was asking me for tips on streaming, what kind of software to use, etc. That is the last I saw of him/talked to him. I was wondering to myself why he wasn't around for my streams in the last few days.
It takes me a whole lot to cry or even show my emotions but I am legit crying right now. When I came to this thread and read the news I refused to believe it. This is the absolute worst thing that could have happened to this community.
Thoughts and prayers to his family. RIP Drizzay.

Oh my god that night was a clusterfuck but he came in with the Big Playz like he always did. Just memories like this will make me thankful I have met him and what a great guy he was too ALL of us!

Kyne

Fuck..

I haven't been around much and decided my GF and I would jump back into the game come September.. but I had to stop by when I read the post in gaming.

Drizz helped us get through a lot of our hard mode PVE content. He was an amazing player, and even more of an amazing friend.

When I was in elementary school I saw a quote in a screen from a videogame. That quote has stuck to me my whole life and shaped how I do a lot of the things that I do, and there are very little people who can live up to it. Drizz was certainly one of those people.

"You don't need a reason to help people."

Drizz was that quote. He will be missed.

Rest in Peace, friend.

Jabronium

Just saw the news. I only had the privilege of running with Drizzay a couple times last year, but it was a pleasure, and I was always impressed by his presence here. At a loss for words, just crushing news.

It was at this time last week that Drizzay asked me if I wanted to run a trials card with him and Wicked. Eight games later and we were finished, flawless achieved.

Little did I know that it would be his last trials card.

I'm in complete shock. A true pillar of the community, always there to answer questions or help those in need. Such a wonderful man who will be sorely missed.

My condolences go out to his family and friends. RIP Drizzay.

Tjamato88

RIP Driz

This is a huge loss for the community. He was an amazing person and big help to anyone in these threads. He will be missed for a long, long time.

Guardian down :(

Top Bottom