• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Spoo

Hi DGAF. Don't post in this thread too often these days, but wanted to add my support to you all right now. Donated, wish I could have sent more.

Stay strong peeps.

raindoc

im at almost 90% of installing D+Add-Ons, including TTK, which I never played. I'm sure there is a DGAF guide on Light Levels & stuff, but there's too many OTs - could somebody point me to the relevant one (or the guide itself)?

GlamFM

Banned
im at almost 90% of installing D+Add-Ons, including TTK, which I never played. I'm sure there is a DGAF guide on Light Levels & stuff, but there's too many OTs - could somebody point me to the relevant one (or the guide itself)?

Here:

ClLIt4jWgAA2oUk

This picture should give you an idea of what to do, or where to start.

Strikes/crucible are a good source to get you around 310, from there you can do basically anything in the game. The down side is the rewards are RNG, so there's no definite way to get what you want other than to play the game.

Crucible/Fraction rank up packages will also met you with gear/guns higher than your current LL.

Make sure to equip your highest LL gear before you turn anything in as most rewards drop according to your LL.

EDIT - don't worry too much on LL requirements, they aren't very accurate at this point. I remember being dragged through CoE at level 308 for the first time, and I'm pretty sure it's recommended level is at least 320, maybe 330. If there's something you specifically want to do, let us know & we can get you there :). Are you on PS4, or XB1?

raindoc

I didn't imagine it would go so high so quickly, but funerals are expensive, and after reasonable flowers are picked, I will give the difference to his wife. I'll need your help or Grave's help for a way to get it to them, Stabie.

And I'll be back and donate more.

cheers. should I try to level up first or do the TTK story missions for starters?

EDIT: also: since there's no way I'll be able to play with all three characters - which one should i keep (please say warlock, or hunter, but preferably warlock) and will "sharding" my other classes' exotics help me level up my remaining char?

Drizzay's Destiny clan, that he set up long ago...

https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/447480

p2JdsH0.jpg

Gamers from around the world unite. Representing the NeoGaf Destiny Community that spans the globe including but not limited to the following countries:

Australia
Austria
Belgium
Brazil
Canada
Dominican Republic
England
France
Germany
India
Ireland
Isle of Man
Italy
Japan
Malaysia
Mexico
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Pakistan
Poland
Portugal
Romania
Scotland
Singapore
Slovenia
Spain
South Africa
South Korea
Sweden
United Arab Emirates
United States of America
West Indies

Olli128

This picture should give you an idea of what to do, or where to start.

Strikes/crucible are a good source to get you around 310, from there you can do basically anything in the game. The down side is the rewards are RNG, so there's no definite way to get what you want other than to play the game.

Crucible/Fraction rank up packages will also met you with gear/guns higher than your current LL.

Make sure to equip your highest LL gear before you turn anything in as most rewards drop according to your LL.

EDIT - don't worry too much on LL requirements, they aren't very accurate at this point. I remember being dragged through CoE at level 308 for the first time, and I'm pretty sure it's recommended level is at least 320, maybe 330. If there's something you specifically want to do, let us know & we can get you there :). Are you on PS4, or XB1?

Thanks that was really helpful. I'm looking to do Challenge of Elders & Court of Oryx before Rise of Iron is released. I normally play with one friend who's done the previous DLC and raids but never really did much of TKK before now. We're normally on weekdays after about 7pm GMT if anyone would like to give us a hand :) My PSN is Silentscream128 (EU).

FyreWulff

We never talked about it while playing or in PMs, does anyone Driz's favorite charity or if his family would select one / are planning to create one in his memory?

Not in a rush on this, but if anyone knows, please contact me via PM.

Skele7on

Banned
I would love to, but I'm an Xbox player:(

I mean, I'll be happy to donate, but would love to be a part of something like that as well.

We can setup a single twitch page that people can then login to via either console and stream. If people are up for this then we can work it out.

Admodieus

why don't we setup a crazy DGAF stream.

We could Carry people in raids, trials and help get year two triumphs on stream

setup a donations page to help benefit the family and maybe a cause as well?

What do you guys think?

Like this idea. In the spirit of Drizzay, we should try to get as many people to complete the raids as possible.

lt519

So donated on the GoFundMe but I'll echo some other comments here. Flowers are a nice gesture but a lot of families are now forgoing that option in lieu of donations to causes or help with funding the funeral.

This is such a huge loss. I can't imagine the massive void that now exists in his wife and families lives. ):

Nice one Macello on setting that up. I know it is only money and wont bring driz back. But it just feels good to have done something.

And thanks to Jason. Lovely article!

Navy Bean

I only played with Drizz a few times but one of those was a successful late-night drunk (me) Trials run a few months ago. It was a blast. Drizz was so chill and patient while also being intensely competitive. As many have said it wasn't just that he helped sherpa the community through all aspects of the game but the way he did it that set him apart. He will be missed.

Nothus

My condolences DGAF, what awful news :(
I barely knew him and I'm still having a hard time processing this, so how those of you who were close to him are coping I will never know.

RIP Drizz.

darknil

If you guys don't mind posting images (gifs) and or video of fond memories with Drizzay. It would really help us for the next OT.

This was back when Drizz carried me to the Lighthouse on Y1. Last kill on the last match, I was so excited we won and forgot self-res existed, good thing he was there looking out and prevented anything from happening.

Hh7YsL3mGVb20.gif

I was carried by him and I guess that was how playing with him felt like, having someone that always got your back.

raindoc

Re: returning to Destiny/TTK:
should I try to level up first or do the TTK story missions for starters?

also: since there's no way I'll be able to play with all three characters - which one should i keep (please say warlock, or hunter, but preferably warlock) and will "sharding" my other classes' exotics help me level up my remaining char?

It’s been a day and I’m still feeling down about the news, and I didn’t know him or interact with him as much or as well as the rest of this community. But he was always so helpful. Year 2 Trials is a slog as we all know. Drizz had volunteered to run my account and others in order to help us to Mercury in Y2 for the first time, a “less stressful” option as he put it. There was some urgency to the entire thing as the April 12 update was on its way, and the Hic Jacet emblem was going away, seemingly forever. I remember he messaged me right before midnight the morning of the April 12, mere hours away from reset, that he was going to try and do it then. He played no less than 20 matches total until after 3AM that morning and was finally able to get my Hunter to Mercury with help from Inapplicable and Xplicit. I had long fallen asleep, the last match I watched on Xplicit's stream being a loss. I wasn’t sure they would pull it off. But they did, and the next day I logged in and saw I had the emblem equipped.

I was in a reset raid which was being streamed by Wiped later that day, and Drizz was in the twitch chat room. He called me out on the fact that I didn’t have the emblem equipped. I remember feeling terrible about it. I knew he wasn’t super serious about it but I felt bad for disappointing him.

From here on out I’ll always try to keep that Hic Jacet emblem equipped on my Hunter in his memory. RIP Drizzay, your selflessness and contributions to DGAF will never be forgotten.

NeOak

So donated on the GoFundMe but I'll echo some other comments here. Flowers are a nice gesture but a lot of families are now forgoing that option in lieu of donations to causes or help with funding the funeral.
The guestbook link we got allows you to buy flowers directly. That's were I think Macello will buy the flowers from.

spyder_ur

also: since there's no way I'll be able to play with all three characters - which one should i keep (please say warlock, or hunter, but preferably warlock) and will "sharding" my other classes' exotics help me level up my remaining char?

You can level up by doing basically anything in the game now. If you're not 40, I would do TTK missions to get there. Then there are many paths to progression in terms of light level - see the chart that's been posted on the last couple pages.

I find they've made it a bit easier to manage alts, since you can do whatever tasks you want and get 1:1 infusion fuel to give to your other characters.

As for exotics, not sure what you're getting at, but sharding exotics on your other characters will not help you level up. All it will give you is an exotic shard and other materials.

ch4fx_

Thanks that was really helpful. I'm looking to do Challenge of Elders & Court of Oryx before Rise of Iron is released. I normally play with one friend who's done the previous DLC and raids but never really did much of TKK before now. We're normally on weekdays after about 7pm GMT if anyone would like to give us a hand :) My PSN is Silentscream128 (EU).

Now, more than ever, we are here to help. I'm on the other side of the pond from you, so our schedules may not match up until the weekend - but I'll be glad to help how I can then. Sending FR for when our paths do cross.

Until then, any EU Guardians mind showing him the ropes?

TTK story line is really good, IMO, give it a play through!

Play with which ever guardian you like the most, that will help you enjoy your time with the game more. Each class has their own subclasses, maybe get on YouTube & see which specials you like the most? The honest answer to "which class should I use" is all about preference, go with which one seems more natural for you.

Dismantling exotics will net you with 1 exotic shard (2 if you dismantle a fully leveled exotic), which are used to infuse the exotics you do like/want to use to higher LLs.

Just do anything & everything you can. Complete TTK story, run Court of Oryx, complete a CoE card, run a raid(s), join PvP trains, pick up bounties each time you sign on, there's an exotic sword you can get!, run the Black Spindle quest (if you haven't yet).. Ect.. Ect.. Let us know what you need help with :).

Are you on PS4, or XB1?

OK Destiny-GAF, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but one of our own has passed away

Drizzay (Boguester) aka "Mr. Destiny" died Thursday/Friday due to Carbon Monoxide Poisoning (Construction Accident)

He was 33 years old and leaves behind a beautiful wife (only married 3 months), a loving family that he moved back closer to be with

Drizzay, was a great community member of DGAF. He always was a helpful person to anyone that needed it. Always doing his best to push the community here forward with detail information on being a better player himself but for others to use it and become Legends themselves
He never was selfish, always the helpful, caring player who wanted the community to prosper

If you want to leave kind words to the family about Drizzay, you can post on the guestbook:
http://fbtributes.com/obituary?id=253495

RIP, my friend. Thank you for the short time I had with you. You went out of your way to help me and use your time so I could play with you. Those gaming nights and mornings! we talked about life and laughing along the way, those memories will stay with me till the end.

Oh man. Farewell Drizay. This is so sad to hear. R.I.P. and thank you for all the posts and advise on the forums

Farewell guardian. You will be missed

was looking at some pics and videos; noticed that the Rise of Iron Vanguard and Crucible armor to be based off the Year 1 Iron Banner template.

any links showing faction vendor amor sets?

I have set up the Gofundme for Drizz's flowers here: gofundme.com/2hnnm9he

If there is anything you think I need to add to the campaign, let me know. Everyone who visits will know what it is for.

Thanks for setting it up.
I like the other idea of letting the family keep the extra money as funeral expenses.
It would be more practical than extra flowers.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I watched a video last night about using Energy Drain perks to have unlimited grenades for Void warlocks in the heroic strikes and it works. Spent two hours playing strikes using the two scatter grenades with tracking guantlets and it was glorious.

raindoc

As for exotics, not sure what you're getting at, but sharding exotics on your other characters will not help you level up. All it will give you is an exotic shard and other materials.

I was wondering if I could level up my exotics by sharding other exotic pieces.
but for now I have to figure out how to get my headset working again, it's been months since i played online :eek:

I have set up the Gofundme for Drizz's flowers here: gofundme.com/2hnnm9he

If there is anything you think I need to add to the campaign, let me know. Everyone who visits will know what it is for.

Beautiful. Thanks for setting that up. As a community, it's the least we can do to show our appreciation and gratitude. We're all deeply saddened by his passing, so it's nice to help out with whatever we can spare.

What's it like taking down Atheon/Crota/Skolas these days?

Do the 335 weapons bring them down way faster? Do we take less damage from them or is it about the same?

I've been wanting to do Skolas for the first time, so if you ever want to run that, and you're on PS4, just let me know. I mostly just want that shader and ship. I have a Sleeper Sim just in case.

was looking at some pics and videos; noticed that the Rise of Iron Vanguard and Crucible armor to be based off the Year 1 Iron Banner template.

any links showing faction vendor amor sets?

The new faction stuff is based off of the current Vanguard and Crucible gear.

NeOak

What's it like taking down Atheon/Crota/Skolas these days?

Do the 335 weapons bring them down way faster? Do we take less damage from them or is it about the same?
Atheon and Skolas die so fast now, you most likely wipe from the mechanics.

Crota doesn't because the only thing that damages him is the Sword.

Homeboyd

I've been wanting to do Skolas for the first time, so if you ever want to run that, and you're on PS4, just let me know. I mostly just want that shader and ship. I have a Sleeper Sim just in case.
If you're going to do Skolas, you should bring a sword (sweaty machete - exotic solar sword is the goat, but don't think it matters). The block ability with the swords keeps your from dying from the Devouring Essence which basically takes away 90% of the challenge.

I wouldn't delete any characters— levelling subclasses takes a long time. Steal the exotics and shard them if you want, though.

Hi. This message is for Xbox players, anybody wanting to run the raid this week and in need of some help send me a message on Xbox. My GT is Vince DiCola

I have a very decent team of capable and friendly players but if you just need a couple bodies to fill out your team that is cool too.

You'll have to click on 'set it as my active clan' then it shows up in-game.

Yes you should be able to join it.

Thanks friend.

Hi. This message is for Xbox players, anybody wanting to run the raid this week and in need of some help send me a message on Xbox. My GT is Vince DiCola

I have a very decent team of capable and friendly players but if you just need a couple bodies to fill out your team that is cool too.

I'll add you to my friends list, but the timezone difference may make playing a wee bit difficult:)

Top Bottom