• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

GutZ31

Aghh fine, just for today, just for YOU drizz

#TitanMasterRace

That's exactly what I was thinking. "Guardian Down" is pretty much how I feel inside... it's about the emptiness and sadness of someone being gone. I can't help feeling that way. But I think it's not how he would have wanted us to feel. Embrace the Not-Knowing feels like a classic Dr. Drizzay lesson. Good advice that just happens to be relevant now more than ever.

edit: I am also a sucker for Douglas Adams, heh

Embrace the Not-Knowing is fantastic.
Eyes up Guardian would be my next favorite.

Admodieus

Embrace the Not-Knowing is a good one. I also think there's some good quotes from Pahanin that embody his personality:

"Tell a Titan only a madman would go. Tell a Warlock it's too complex."

"Your missions: protect the City. Look better than Warlocks. But don't look like you're trying."

lt519

Holy shit 2,000 dollars!!!

He made a lot of people feel really happy and welcome. Not many people experience a person like him on the internet. I regret the couple times I got into debates with him over trivial things, although he never got heated about it. I think that made me even more annoyed :p

I was just looking at his grimoire card and his favorite moment was "All the great people I've met without having to leave my house." Should be "All the people I've made happy without having to leave my house."

I'm going to honor him during my blind run on the Wrath of the Machine. I'm going to run a Titan for him. I may even use Thunderlord as well.

Tossing in my support for "Embrace the Not-Knowing" as the next OT, for all the reasons previously mentioned, but especially because it is a quote from Drizz himself, and completely appropriate super good advice right now.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
He made a lot of people feel really happy and welcome. Not many people experience a person like him on the internet. I regret the couple times I got into debates with him over trivial things, although he never got heated about it. I think that made me even more annoyed :p

I was just looking at his grimoire card and his favorite moment was "All the great people I've met without having to leave my house." Should be "All the people I've made happy without having to leave my house."
I mean I donated too. I'm just surprised and not surprised.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
My inbox is filling up. <3 keep them coming guys.

I'm technically working from home right now but can't really concentrate. If anyone needs any help with anything in Destiny on PS4 I am around, doesn't matter what. I'm quite sick so my voice will be messed up but am up for anything.

darthbob

A story from Drizz:

CxgbRBb.jpg

This was my Titan's look when I first hit Lv30 back in vanilla (yes that is a 1920 grimoire). I had the most insane luck ever and got arms, chest and legs to drop on my very first VoG clear. I had no idea how crazy that was at the time. Then Xur sold Inmost Light and I had all 4 gear pieces... except now I needed ~75 ascendant shards to max it out back when shards were super hard to get. I actually made 3 characters just to farm the daily public events and story missions for shards.

I took that picture once I finally hit level cap, all the way back on October 2, 2014 (one of the first Lv30's I assume). VoG gear plus my first exotic armor plus Atheon's Epilogue with Chatterwhite. Really reminds me of why I fell in love with this game in the first place, still a #TitanMasterRace at heart :p

Kabr, Pahanin, Praedyth, Drizzay.

He is now timeless.

Grey Wind and Mixolydian: I, too, need to kill Atheon for No Time to Explain. So does another member here named Dahellisdat.

You guys don't need to wait for us, but if it worked out that'd be ace!

SCB3

If anyone wants to add me on PSN ( SCB360 ), i wanna get back into the swing of things before RoI and still have VoG and Kingsfall raids to do

NastyBook

Grey Wind and Mixolydian: I, too, need to kill Atheon for No Time to Explain. So does another member here named Dahellisdat.

LOVE this username.
If anyone wants to add me on PSN ( SCB360 ), i wanna get back into the swing of things before RoI and still have VoG and Kingsfall raids to do
If you're looking to do KF, hit up Hawkian, since he runs the newbie raids. He'll probably be busy setting up the OT, but you should have a good chance of getting that ran before ROI drops.

Unstable

Drizzay's Favorite Class was Titan. The best class.

Drizzay's Favorite Gun was... Well, whatever the current meta was; But, but!!! He was very sentimental about Atheon's Epilogue.

Drizzay always wanted to solo normal mode Templar in VoG. I held that checkpoint for months because of that. Drizzay never successfully soloed normal mode Templar.

Drizzay's name was inspired by Dr. Dre. He loved classic 1985-1995 gangsta rap. He would kill you if you mentioned Drake.

Drizzay's favorite game was the original Doom.

Drizzay was designing a video game on his own time. It was a Roguelike-FPS hybrid. He described it as classic Doom meets Spelunky.

Drizzay was a huge fan of the Souls series.

Drizzay hated Warlocks, because Warlocks always lag and laggers are always Warlocks. No exceptions.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
LOVE this username.

If you're looking to do KF, hit up Hawkian, since he runs the newbie raids. He'll probably be busy setting up the OT, but you should have a good chance of getting that ran before ROI drops.
It's looking like the newbie KF this week will be on Friday. Will probably post sign ups for it tomorrow. :)

SCB you can feel free to send me a friend request anytime.

SpecX

It sucks how fragile life is and how quickly someone can be gone. I didn't know Drizzy as well as a lot of you, but was very thankful for his kindness, taking me through the Skolas encounter to obtain my Y1 triumphs, helping me get my flawless raid completed, and even answering questions or responding to my stupidity every once in a while in this thread. I wish I made time to play more with him and took up his offer to help with a trials run and there's honestly no one else on the internet I've met that was as kind and selfless as him.

I haven't played Destiny in a couple weeks now, but it will really be hard for me to ever play this game again without thinking of the guy. I seriously am down over this and the loss of such an amazing person and I can't even imagine what his family feels.

RIP

I've sent a message to DeeJ just waiting for him to respond now.
He's only back in the office today from Germany.
Hopefully I'll hear back soon. #shipfordrizzay

I'm jumping on now so if anyone wants to play some iron banner or something drop me a message.
PSN: Drubbed

#shipfordrizzay

Make it the sweetest space ferrari

Well here I go. After 6 months of being out of it, I'm back in it.

For you Drizzay!

What's the highest light level now? Anything they've added or changed?

I'll see what I can do. I'm on central time BTW, and I usually shoot for anything post 4PM central.

robo

Anybody wanna carry me through orxy hard cm. Nipper as well as he has the checkpoint.

Not done any hard mode runs so will need briefing on what to do.

UK psn gulfwarvet

Rahvar

I would love a Oryx run right now but I would settle for someone helping me with Shield Brothers for A Nod from Cayde and/or Jolly Holliday

My condolences to Drizz' family and friends. Man, I was hoping that you guys were talking about him in past tense because he left the forum or something, then I saw Grave's post. It's really devastating to see the good die young; life can be so unfair.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well here I go. After 6 months of being out of it, I'm back in it.

For you Drizzay!

What's the highest light level now? Anything they've added or changed?
Max light is 335- but anything over 320 is basically gravy right now.

The additions you probably haven't seen have to do with the Prison of Elders. You can get guaranteed high light weapons and armor from Variks by getting a weekly Sigil per character and doing the Challenge of the Elders, which is kind of like a score attack mode with weekly modifiers. I think it requires LL300, not positive on that

I'll see what I can do. I'm on central time BTW, and I usually shoot for anything post 4PM central.
So are we, but we usually can't get on until 9pm after kids go to bed. But like I said, don't wait for us if it's inconvenient. We'll probably be able to find someone on LFG.net someday.

Congrats to the Skolas Academy's two newest graduates: Reeducator and RibbonHunter! Having a Lv33 was no problem at all for these two fine gentlemen on our very smooth run. Great job and thanks for the enjoyable company!

Plus RNGsus blessed me with all the sweet loots:

CNY7hwrU8AE-U0T.jpg:large

OK Destiny-GAF, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but one of our own has passed away

Drizzay (Boguester) aka "Mr. Destiny" died Thursday/Friday due to Carbon Monoxide Poisoning (Construction Accident)

He was 33 years old and leaves behind a beautiful wife (only married 3 months), a loving family that he moved back closer to be with

Drizzay, was a great community member of DGAF. He always was a helpful person to anyone that needed it. Always doing his best to push the community here forward with detail information on being a better player himself but for others to use it and become Legends themselves
He never was selfish, always the helpful, caring player who wanted the community to prosper

If you want to leave kind words to the family about Drizzay, you can post on the guestbook:
http://fbtributes.com/obituary?id=253495

RIP, my friend. Thank you for the short time I had with you. You went out of your way to help me and use your time so I could play with you. Those gaming nights and mornings! we talked about life and laughing along the way, those memories will stay with me till the end.

This is very sad to hear! Reeducator and I had the pleasure of running Skolas with Drizzay, nicest guy I've every played any game with, ever! He will be missed!

Max light is 335- but anything over 320 is basically gravy right now.

The additions you probably haven't seen have to do with the Prison of Elders. You can get guaranteed high light weapons and armor from Variks by getting a weekly Sigil per character and doing the Challenge of the Elders, which is kind of like a score attack mode with weekly modifiers. I think it requires LL300, not positive on that

Okay, that sounds interesting. What are these Sterling Treasures?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Okay, that sounds interesting. What are these Sterling Treasures?
Sterling Treasures are the shiny microtransaction boxes (that you never have to buy, I have like 10 stacked up in my inventory :p), they have unique cosmetic armor sets (basically 3 light pieces you need to infuse for them to be any use) and chroma, which makes certain armor pieces glow.

They're ignorable, basically just fancy cosmetic stuff.

edit: You get one per week just for logging in

Top Bottom