• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

KxoZz

Has it been said what time the RoI raid will open on the 23rd? I'm assuming it'll be just like TTK but I can't remember what time that was.

Jinjo

Go away. It took me 3 months to get 3 pieces of Desolate armor. Still missing 1.

I got the full set for both my Titan and Hunter without buying a single box, nor did I bother to get all 3 boxes every week. I deleted the full set on my Titan cause I thought it was ugly. Come at me.

Nicodemic

Go away. It took me 3 months to get 3 pieces of Desolate armor. Still missing 1.

Same here, only got the emote last month.

You know he's lying, probably just splashed some $$$ for silver pay2win :p

I'm missing a piece of the desolate armor too but I don't want it anyway. And I'm a sensible guy btw so a little love wouldn't hurt you know... ;_;

Thanks Breezy and Nico. All that for 3oC.

Are you doing another one?

I've asked will let you know.

Also had a message back from DeeJ regarding community acknowledgement of Drizz.
He said there was a lot being done privately within the studio in regards to his memory and honor
but with past events of things being said on more public forums they're keeping quiet on social platforms to respect privacy.
Which I think is both noble and very nice of them.

Thank you :)

NeOak

First Crucible match in 10 months, go 0.45 k/d and get hatemail feelsbadman.jpg

Also everyone was using handcannons? I thought handcannons were shit in PvP now? I don't even remember what my setup was, seems to have been a Nirwen's Mercy + Chaperone, but the Chaperone was doing absolutely nothing to people pointblank, and I just wasn't hitting shit with the Mercy >_>

Edit: Wait, did they do something with Vault of Glass this year? It's on my galaxy map again like it's a new location?

Whoops nevermind, I was on the Eye of Atheon step of the No Time to Explain quest apparently.

Handcannons were buffed a bit in the April update.

Made TLW viable again, as you can see from Trials.

First Crucible match in 10 months, go 0.45 k/d and get hatemail feelsbadman.jpg

Also everyone was using handcannons? I thought handcannons were shit in PvP now? I don't even remember what my setup was, seems to have been a Nirwen's Mercy + Chaperone, but the Chaperone was doing absolutely nothing to people pointblank, and I just wasn't hitting shit with the Mercy >_>

Edit: Wait, did they do something with Vault of Glass this year? It's on my galaxy map again like it's a new location?

Whoops nevermind, I was on the Eye of Atheon step of the No Time to Explain quest apparently.
Chaperone got nerfed to lower damage, but the headshot multiplier was increased. So, still a one shot headshot, but you can't do the same two taps to the body you used to. There was an excellently pvp rolled Finnala's Peril from IB this past week, so you might be seeing a lot of those. Handcannons did get a small rebalance, but you still need good range on them for them to be worth a damn in the crucible.

I'm missing a piece of the desolate armor too but I don't want it anyway. And I'm a sensible guy btw so a little love wouldn't hurt you know... ;_;

Traitors can never be loved!

You're awesome!

I got the full set for both my Titan and Hunter without buying a single box, nor did I bother to get all 3 boxes every week. I deleted the full set on my Titan cause I thought it was ugly. Come at me.

Reading that hurt me

X-Frame

Also Twilight Garrison and the other TTK armor items need to change with shaders next month.

I'm surprised it'll be a year before since they've been unable to be affected by shaders.

oSoLucky

Are you doing another one?

Pretty soon here. Just putting my son down for a nap and creating my little Xbox Guardian. Gotta get the dark side up to 40 before RoI.

Majek

When it comes to Destiny lore the important ones are either Titan or Hunter. Warlocks don't amount to shit confirmed by Bungie if you ask me.
Well dead or missing Titans and Hunters don't do us any good. Warlock though... Without Toland we'd be nowhere. Osiris and Praedyth doing their part too. :D Without Felwinter we'd know not the rage against shotgunners,...

Rahvar

I mentioned it yesterday but I could really use some Crucible pointers. I am terribly inconsistance and am prone to going into streaks or slumps. Sometimes I can be top player with 2+ KD for several games in a row and then I can struggle to reach even 1.0 KD for several games.

I am pretty much always bad using Snipers, Scouts and Handcannons but I do not know what I am doing wrong -_-

Phear

I'm at 311 Light and would like to do something else than Heroic Strikes. Is someone up for Level 42 PoE or Nightfall or something like that? Just got no mic...

Comms

Neo Member
I mentioned it yesterday but I could really use some Crucible pointers. I am terribly inconsistance and am prone to going into streaks or slumps. Sometimes I can be top player with 2+ KD for several games in a row and then I can struggle to reach even 1.0 KD for several games.

I am pretty much always bad using Snipers, Scouts and Handcannons but I do not know what I am doing wrong -_-

I am likewise, but with SBMM it is the nature of the beast. One guy with a red bar can ruin it all. So i would not worry about KD too much.

Just take heart and identify deaths where there is nothing you can do, and where you can do something different.

My bad habit was postioning. I would step away from cover to get a shot rather that wait or go somewhere else. I find either you move and move fast with a slide, shadowstep or TG, OR you get small and move where they least expect you.

But i think most of all, If your not having fun, try something that is fun. :)

MrDaravon

Chaperone got nerfed to lower damage, but the headshot multiplier was increased. So, still a one shot headshot, but you can't do the same two taps to the body you used to. There was an excellently pvp rolled Finnala's Peril from IB this past week, so you might be seeing a lot of those. Handcannons did get a small rebalance, but you still need good range on them for them to be worth a damn in the crucible.

Yeah, most of the other team was using the Finnala's (sp) with one guy using the Imago Loop. It's super scrubby but I might need to whip out a Suros or something while I'm still getting used to the PVP again, I don't think I'm up to par yet to be using Pulse/Scout Rifles >_>.

Also anyone having problems on PS4? Got stuck on Contacting Destiny Servers right at the end of a Strike, and I can't even get signed back into the game, getting Destiny servers are not available.

MrDaravon

Error code Tapir HYPE!!

T A P I R B O Y S

I like how I come back to the game for the first time this year and servers die lol. At least it seems to have given me credit for that strike.

Edit: Guess I'll ask while servers are down; are there any good specific legendaries worth hunting down from Strike bosses now? When I stopped playing the hotness was trying to get the Pulse Rifle (?) from that pain in the ass Hive Earth Strike, can't remember the witch's name at the end. I know there was some other stuff like the Flayer Cloaks etc. Any of that worth going for still? I'm assuming the Imago Loop everyone is farming for is from the Nightfall boss this week, is it actually any good or are people just min/maxing at this point?

There is no point in Bungie saying that raid MM is never happening. They can say they are thinking about it all day every day and it will give those who want it to happen some hope. But I think that it is so down their list of priorities that it will not happen.

The best option I can see happening is an in-game lfg.

Probably for the best. I know people want it. But either it's going to end up a bad experience or bungie will dumb it down to allow a smooth experience. Neither option is appealing.

I Dont think most people understand the complex nature of these activities. And its only easy now because we've done it so many times and are overleveled.

Oryx can be frustrating when the group isn't communicating no matter how many times you've completed it. I'm a pretty laid back guy and dont mind fuck ups but after hours of struggle even I become irritated.

If one of your cogs isn't well oiled it can ruin an entire run.

fQYSUbVfts-T7pS2VP2wnKyN8wxywmXtY0-Fwsgxpz6rMsBf-pSaBqgWLCgf7-PrgMo4-lbeS4MpL-4_6Ria

T A P I R B O Y S

I like how I come back to the game for the first time this year and servers die lol. At least it seems to have given me credit for that strike.

Edit: Guess I'll ask while servers are down; are there any good specific legendaries worth hunting down from Strike bosses now? When I stopped playing the hotness was trying to get the Pulse Rifle (?) from that pain in the ass Hive Earth Strike, can't remember the witch's name at the end. I know there was some other stuff like the Flayer Cloaks etc. Any of that worth going for still? I'm assuming the Imago Loop everyone is farming for is from the Nightfall boss this week, is it actually any good or are people just min/maxing at this point?

Maybe the scout from shield bros. It's like voc if you can get the roll.

Went to play some rounds on my own and got up to 31% in just two games. Then had two bad games (around 1 KDR) and went back down to 9%. A couple of bad games later, I am down to 0% after wasting 3 hours in crucible. I dont know how this shit works.

I did it before storm trance was nerfed, but I would equip it before I got heavy and before I went stormtrance, go on a tear and hopefully unequip it before I died.

Extra cheese: take a fireteam of 3 into classic 3v3 and have them walk into your bullets over and over again while you try to stay alive.

Top Bottom