• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

So I joined Kadey's train thinking I could do the Jolly Holiday quest by staying back and picking off kills but nope. SSBM makes it way too hard to do anything. we were getting flanked, spawns kept flipping, snipers, shotgun rushers. After an hour my progress was still 0%.

Went to play some rounds on my own and got up to 31% in just two games. Then had two bad games (around 1 KDR) and went back down to 9%. A couple of bad games later, I am down to 0% after wasting 3 hours in crucible. I dont know how this shit works.

I swear its not counting some of the kills.

Equip a shotty with longer range with the last word in your primary. Stay back and be selective as hell. I cant stress that enough. I got lucky and went 12 and 0, and then 17 and 1 two games in a row, which took care of that portion of the quest, but I altered my playing style significantly.

I apologize for already asking questions, you might see a lot of this from me today :(

-Is Destiny Item Manager (?) still a thing? Would be handy right now.

-I have a TON of planetary resources in my vault, outside of maybe keeping a stack or two for nodes on leveling up gear is there any particular reason to hoard these right now? Should I just dump them for faction rep, or is there a reason with Rise of Iron or something else to hold onto them for right now?

It is. However, if you go to Bungie's website, login and go to your guardian, you can use their official gear manager as well.

I would keep the resources for the new gear for RoI.

Edit: Also, if you have the Destiny app on your phone, you can now transfer between characters as well. iPhone sorts the vault by Weapons, armour, inventory. It also can filter by them as well. The android app couldn't filter (had to switch back to an iPhone due to my Sony phone crapped out. Was impressed with the iPhone app).

oSoLucky

Thanks Nirolak. I didn't see the thread. If anything it would probably just be normal mode a few weeks/months after release. Ingame party finder is much more needed than Mm though IMO.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Equip a shotty with longer range with the last word in your primary. Stay back and be selective as hell. I cant stress that enough. I got lucky and went 12 and 0, and then 17 and 1 two games in a row, which took care of that portion of the quest, but I altered my playing style significantly.

yeah i pretty much always roll with conspiracy theory or her champion. the problem is that most of the engagements nowadays happen in long corridors and TLW and shotguns are shit.

I did go on a 11 killstreak and it shot up to 28% in one game but that was just a lucky run.

I was thinking of switching over to fusion rifles so i can have something for mid range because rolling with Shotguns and TLW limits me to close range engagements.

Dez_

So I joined Kadey's train thinking I could do the Jolly Holiday quest by staying back and picking off kills but nope. SSBM makes it way too hard to do anything. we were getting flanked, spawns kept flipping, snipers, shotgun rushers. After an hour my progress was still 0%.

Went to play some rounds on my own and got up to 31% in just two games. Then had two bad games (around 1 KDR) and went back down to 9%. A couple of bad games later, I am down to 0% after wasting 3 hours in crucible. I dont know how this shit works.

I swear its not counting some of the kills.
I think you get 2% for every Last Word kill, lose 1% for every death. You can earn points while using other weapons, snipers and heavy, but I don't think that increases the same way. I think you need to go on kill sprees. There's a bit more to it than that, but I just stuck to switching to the weapon during heavy ammo and just before winning a match. TLW is a beastly weapon, but I just can't make that gun work for me. I prefer medium range engagements.

How do I join the Xbox Discord server?

That link several pages back doesn't work anymore. Feel free to PM.

edit: if the consensus was to wrap the Xbox folks into the main DestinyGAF Discord, I'll take that link instead, please.

Pilgor

334 LL Titan here, never tried Trials of Osiris! Any guardians willing to give it a shot with me and (hopefully) take a trip to the Lighthouse this weekend?

I'm on PS4.

Deku Tree

Bungie's lead raid designer talked last week about designing raids around no matchmaking lol. Different folks at Bungie say different things.

We’re pretty happy with how we’re doing the Gjallarhorn, and Gjallarhorn pre-orders so that everyone gets the Gjallarhorn dropped at the Postmaster, gets it in their inventory. But you still have to go on a quest – which is actually a really, really fun quest – to actually get the weapon.

From Nirolak's link, Everyone has to do the quest.

334 LL Titan here, never tried Trials of Osiris! Any guardians willing to give it a shot with me and (hopefully) take a trip to the Lighthouse this weekend?

I'm on PS4.
When are you thinking? I'm from Western Canada and I'd be interested as well. I'm a 335 Hunter. Never been to the light house either.

X-Frame

Whatever everyone's hopes/dreams about the 3.0 patch balance changes?

I can't see there being nearly as many balance changes going from Year 1 to Year 2 because of the 5 month Thorn-era, and outside of minor subclass tweaks I don't know if Bungie feels anything is really out of balance.

All I want is probably a PvE shotgun buff and a Primary weapon buff, across the board, for PvP.

They may buff Fusion Rifles and Sidearms some more as well.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Anyone up for a Nightfall or 3 on PS4? I'm about to go in and start seeing how rough it is solo. PSN is KC_Darkness.
Taken Hobgoblins can one-shot you, otherwise it's not bad up to the boss.

Damn Undying Mind does void so it's a challenge if you run it legit. You can cheesy cheesy cheese cheese with a titan bubble on the ledge at the very beginning.

Deku Tree

Ok so This is what Bungie lead Raid designer said in a game informer article just a few days ago.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...-explains-their-raid-development-process.aspx

In 2013, Gavin Irby left Trion Worlds, where he helped lead a content development team for the MMO RIFT, and joined Bungie’s raid development team. Irby is now Bungie’s lead raid designer

When you guys first started developing raids for the first time, philosophically were there things that set a raid apart from the rest of the content in Destiny that you’re like ‘Okay this is what makes something a raid as opposed to a strike?’

Absolutely, there was a mandate that we had the ability to break the rules. No matchmaking is a huge thing. We can design with the assumption that you're playing with people who you are invested with. Even if they’re not your friends, you've put some amount of investment in being able to play with them and they’re not this resource to you. The fact that we can account for you having voice communication is big.

As compared to a strike?

Yeah, in a strike we have to assume that maybe you’re probably not talking to each other. The ability to assume that they have verbal communication opens up a lot of possibilities that otherwise don’t exist. We can put you in a crisis as a group which is a very different thing than just people who aren't talking to each other who have to somehow work together. We can't put a great deal of pressure on them, and we’re specifically supposed to put you under pressure. It’s a group of people in a crisis, that’s what we’re putting you in, and you have to solve your way out of it.

I think the Nirolak posted article was an accidental quote that is going no where. Bungie has admitted to "thinking about raid matchmaking" before too.

Does anyone have any good, specific tips, on farming the undying mind boss?

I was doing it a bit last night (UK time) with randoms, but we were struggling to be precise enough with his health. Too much and he won't die to the dragon's breath flames...too little and he dies straight away and everyone gets res'd with the boss dead and the mission completed.

It seems to need a little triangle of yellow left in the bottom corner...but any tips on number of void sniper shots or some way to get the same DPS each time would be really handy.

EDIT - found the answer on reddit - it's 21 "head" shots, 1 body shot and 4 HJ body shots...or 16 headshots with WoL plus illuminated

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/4zi4kv/solo_imago_loop_farm_methodguide/

Also - any xbox'ers up for farming again tonight - between 2-7 hours from now?

A lot of interviews and articles passing by. In any have Bungie been asked about keeping up with raid challenges? Any reason we wouldn't see them in the first week?

Skele7on

Banned
A lot of interviews and articles passing by. In any have Bungie been asked about keeping up with raid challenges? Any reason we wouldn't see them in the first week?

I've asked will let you know.

Also had a message back from DeeJ regarding community acknowledgement of Drizz.
He said there was a lot being done privately within the studio in regards to his memory and honor
but with past events of things being said on more public forums they're keeping quiet on social platforms to respect privacy.
Which I think is both noble and very nice of them.

There is no point in Bungie saying that raid MM is never happening. They can say they are thinking about it all day every day and it will give those who want it to happen some hope. But I think that it is so down their list of priorities that it will not happen.

The best option I can see happening is an in-game lfg.

I think they have brought it up in passing, saying how incorporating them was a good thing... Blah blah blah.

I wish they would use them for the old raids. Let us go back and get updated gear from previous raids.

Skele7on

Banned
By the time challenge mode came out there was no point to do normal mode for most of us around here lol.

I'd had been offended doing normal mode.... Unless it was Sherpa some kinder guardians

Even then we let them experience hard mode most of the time like the bad Sherpa I was

FyreWulff

Well I guess I need the Golg challenge for this week, any groups doing it soon?

Also with KF it was pretty much pointless to do Normal unless your LL wasn't high enough yet because fucking up on Normal is a wipe anyway. Might as well do it on Hard.

He said there was a lot being done privately within the studio in regards to his memory and honor
but with past events of things being said on more public forums they're keeping quiet on social platforms to respect privacy.

So cool. So. Damn. Cool.

Can't wait to see what they do.

MrDaravon

If a weapon/armor is showing up in your Year 2 Exotic Blueprint Collection but is darkened that means that you've found the Year 1 version but haven't found or bought the Year 2 version yet correct? I need to make the MIDA my first purchase if so, that was my baby in Year One and they hadn't added a Y2 version when I had stopped playing.

Running around a bit doing some easy bounties and stuff, had forgotten how good the gameplay in this feels. The FOV feels really claustrophobic coming off of some other games but I'm sure that'll pass quickly. Probably going to focus more right now on just grinding out Marks as best I can to fill out my Blueprint pages at this point. Also missing a lot of shaders, emblems etc. Once I've used to the game again I'll have to hit some folks up for Nightfalls/Raids etc. I never did KF on Hard, haven't done the new PoE etc. Might as well go for the Year 2 Triumphs I guess?

FyreWulff

If a weapon/armor is showing up in your Year 2 Exotic Blueprint Collection but is darkened that means that you've found the Year 1 version but haven't found or bought the Year 2 version yet correct? I need to make the MIDA my first purchase if so, that was my baby in Year One and they hadn't added a Y2 version when I had stopped playing.

Running around a bit doing some easy bounties and stuff, had forgotten how good the gameplay in this feels. The FOV feels really claustrophobic coming off of some other games but I'm sure that'll pass quickly. Probably going to focus more right now on just grinding out Marks as best I can to fill out my Blueprint pages at this point. Also missing a lot of shaders, emblems etc. Once I've used to the game again I'll have to hit some folks up for Nightfalls/Raids etc. I never did KF on Hard, haven't done the new PoE etc. Might as well go for the Year 2 Triumphs I guess?

Yep. You should have a prompt to buy it for legendary marks when the cursor is over it.

Nicodemic

Came back to Destiny a few weeks ago and got everything I wanted from sterling treasures including the 2 ships and the sparrow. Am I the only one in love with the space age mariner? :-D

And I get emotional again...

oSoLucky

Came back to Destiny a few weeks ago and got everything I wanted from sterling treasures including the 2 ships and the sparrow. Am I the only one in love with the space age mariner? :-D

Just accepted your friend request. Jump in if you want. I'm on the boss. Anyone else for NF? At boss. I'll be running again after probably.

McArkus

I always figured she was because she wears Cloak of the Dusktorn. Also she's one of the best characters and was the leader of her fireteam so of course she's a Hunter.

Also she is using a different version of the lucky raspberry, a hunter exotic chest.

MrDaravon

First Crucible match in 10 months, go 0.45 k/d and get hatemail feelsbadman.jpg

Also everyone was using handcannons? I thought handcannons were shit in PvP now? I don't even remember what my setup was, seems to have been a Nirwen's Mercy + Chaperone, but the Chaperone was doing absolutely nothing to people pointblank, and I just wasn't hitting shit with the Mercy >_>

Edit: Wait, did they do something with Vault of Glass this year? It's on my galaxy map again like it's a new location?

Whoops nevermind, I was on the Eye of Atheon step of the No Time to Explain quest apparently.

Top Bottom