• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghazi

I raided for the first time, this week. My friend got not one, but TWO Thunderlords from it and something else and I got Chatterwhite and Energy.

I don't really feel motivated to try again next week, with those odds.

Rtas

On Xbox one, cannot encounter anybody in tower or in playlists is this my connection or something?? Had to solo 5 strikes now because the playlist matchmaking cannot find anyone

RMI

Banned
If anyone has room for a normal raid or the heroic weekly strike shoot me a invite. Lvl 26 titan ps4 Gordeaux789

darthbob

Less filer, more announcements.

If Bungie's track record is anything to go by we'll continue to see filler for days/months/years to come. Major announcements however can't be expected every week, IMO.

Their style seems to be akin to drip feeding us tidbits and promises at a time, which like yourself and others here, am not a huge fan of. :/

Anyone need help cheesing Atheon on hard from checkpoint? Just did it for a friend pretty easy on normal, and wouldnt mind getting hard reward if anyone has checkpoint and needs help. PS4. Just shoot me an IM.

THIS RAID COMPLETELY TROLLED ME. Literally everything I got I have on my main

Raid Scout, Raid Shotgun, Raid Rocket, Shards, Raid Cape

How is it possible that EVERYTHING I have on my main I got on my alt. I am not exaggerating. . I did not get one new piece of equipment.

Lol, I got all shards and energy. I might have gotten a Legendary Rocket i can't remember. It was pretty awful. RNG is terrible in this game.

RedFury

Man after I got my first exotic they're dropping out of the sky now. Just got Monte Carlo for one of the builds I'm working on.

Running a fresh normal raid tonight on PS4 around 11:30PM Pacific Time if anyone wants to join. Helping out my cousin who needs to complete it for the week. This will be cake.

Lose game

Get On The Bright Side medal

Lowest scoring player gets The Last Word

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
got the raid gloves, running the raid for my third time :eek: has my curse been lifted!? first hawkmoon now this? :D

NarcissisticJay also mentioned something which I think is a great way of looking at things and I wish I'd put in my "gelcap" guide section, a simple "path to 29"

One route to 29 is this:
-1 Maxed Exotic
-1 Maxed raid piece
-1 Maxed regular Legendary
-1 regular legendary with its "regular" upgrades only (no ascendant shards)

and then I can hit 30 without ever doing the hard raid, because my maxed Exotic is a helm (<3 knucklehead)

probably will be 40 runs before i get the chest and boots but *shrug* feels good.

AWESOME raid you guys. i felt that one-and-done ath from the start but I didn't want to say anything

personally, more than anything I really enjoy the feeling of getting just a little better with your core group each time. I hope others out there are taking the raid stuff at roughly the same pace I am. at this point I'm not even close to sick of it, which feels good.

got the raid gloves, running the raid for my third time :eek: has my curse been lifted!? first hawkmoon now this? :D

NarcissisticJay also mentioned something which I think is a great way of looking at things and I wish I'd put in my "gelcap" guide section, a simple "path to 29"

One route to 29 is this:
-1 Maxed Exotic
-1 Maxed raid piece
-1 Maxed regular Legendary
-1 regular legendary with its "regular" upgrades only (no ascendant shards)

and then I can hit 30 without ever doing the hard raid, because my maxed Exotic is a helm (<3 knucklehead)

probably will be 40 runs before i get the chest and boots but *shrug* feels good.

AWESOME raid you guys. i felt that one-and-done ath from the start but I didn't want to say anything

personally, more than anything I really enjoy the feeling of getting just a little better with your core group each time. I hope others out there are taking the raid stuff at roughly the same pace I am. at this point I'm not even close to sick of it, which feels good.

LINK ME TO YOUR LATEST GUIDES

oh btw, it's happening dot gif

pcW4uH8.jpg

For my titan main I have

Legendary Defender helm (blind bubble) and Striker Helm (superman supers)
Raid Arms
Vendor Chest
Raid Boots

So I can hit 29 if I get a raid chest that'd be perfect.

Lol, I got all shards and energy. I might have gotten a Legendary Rocket i can't remember. It was pretty awful. RNG is terrible in this game.

Yo I am about to make a third alt just because of this experience. . all hunters who share armors and weapons just so I can get to level 30 without RNG completely screwing me over.

It sucks with alts that all the strange coins were nice at one point but now I feel like I'm going to get the weapons and armor I want for my 1 character I won't need the strange coins. I guess I can just stock up on good armor for a potential alt if I ever decide to do such a thing (which I doubt. .I would never do this road to level 30 on an alt).

what level y'at dax

4a (Life at ~28)
4b (Building with Exotics)

oh dang I can still edit these for like 5 minutes right? sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Hey Hawk what is the best pistol in the game you think? Fatebringer? Hawkmoon?

Also what are your top best looking capes for Hunters from the speaker? I am debating on what I want to spend my motes of light on.

Arrrammis

Not sure if this has been discussed, but has anyone looked for a 6th chest? Some people seem to think there may be one at the end of the jumping puzzle, as there is a broken gate there just like the one for the 5th chest (confirmed this exists, you need to kill the Templar without letting him teleport once- minotaurs fo dayz). Maybe you need to have all 6 of your team members make it across landing on every platform without anyone dying... it would certainly give incentive to not simply fly over the gap every time.

RdN

How is that even possible? I am lvl 28 and I can't even solo the normal weekly.

It's pretty easy if you know the cheese spots.. Every strike is the same thing, really.

Like this week, the "waves" fight, you stay back in the hive cave area, enemies won't follow you there, you just pick them one by one. The tank part is pretty easy, just stay way back sniping, and for the final boss, you stay in the room directly to the left of the entrance, enemies won't enter.

My best raid haul to date: Suros Regime (which I didn't have), Praedyth's Revenge, and Corrective Measure. Now if I can get some armor drops (chest or legs please!) next week, I will be a very happy camper.

Anyone else glad that Bungie and Activision spent good money on hiring Peter Dinklage to record a bunch of uninspired, badly written dialogue so they could cut over half of it from the game and leave remaining dialogue in that doesn't serve to advance an overall narrative and is instead just an incredibly boring way to move a player from point A to point B and to have the player feel like he's doing something important the umpteenth time he has to scan and defend?

No? Just me?

Anyone else glad that Bungie and Activision spent good money on hiring Peter Dinklage to record a bunch of uninspired, badly written dialogue so they could cut over half of it from the game and leave remaining dialogue in that doesn't serve to advance an overall narrative and is instead just an incredibly boring way to move a player from point A to point B and to have the player feel like he's doing something important the umpteenth time he has to scan and defend?

No? Just me?

i think they took the "ghost" trope a bit too literally. he's the player's inner monologue at one point and then trying to be his own character the next

Arrrammis

Nightfall is Sepiks Prime, how did you do it? I still have 195 kills to go, not sure I can be bothered. :/ But if there's a simple method like in that video, I might suck it up and do it.

That video looks like it is from the Sepiks Prime nightfall, he just ran through the divide or through the grotto to get back to that area, then started running the route. Destiny will just start you in the rocketyards, it won't force you to stay there.

Yo I am about to make a third alt just because of this experience. . all hunters who share armors and weapons just so I can get to level 30 without RNG completely screwing me over.

It sucks with alts that all the strange coins were nice at one point but now I feel like I'm going to get the weapons and armor I want for my 1 character I won't need the strange coins. I guess I can just stock up on good armor for a potential alt if I ever decide to do such a thing (which I doubt. .I would never do this road to level 30 on an alt).

I've got a main Titan and two alts, Warlock and Hunter. I'm content with reaching lvl 28/29 for my alts. I just want my Titan to hit 30 at some point. It really sucks to be at the mercy of RNG. But sooner or later I'll get the gauntlets and boots I need.

Lucis

Free Atheon Hard check point, got it on my alt, PSN LelouchK, whoever wants it add me and send me a msg "Atheon Hard Check Point", I will be doing a whole 15-30 min of handing out check point in 40-45 min.

Also alt needs to do NF if any is interested (29 sunbro)

No? Just me?

"I don't even have time to explain why I don't have time to explain"
The worst line in anything ever...

Just completed the Nightfall solo, excited to see my rewards. Gave me 9 strange coins..

Leveled up my Vanguard in the process and went to the postmaster to collect my reward and it gave me a Legendary gauntlet that was worse than my backup legendary gauntlet..

This loot and reward system sure is fantastic

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey Hawk what is the best pistol in the game you think? Fatebringer? Hawkmoon?
i've never touched fatebringer.... arc damage on a hand cannon sounds fantastic though. fallen captains have arc shields. i can barely imagine.

but it's not really like that... you can't say the best outright, you gotta say best either exotic or legendary, because for example hawkmoon is probably a better hand cannon outright but the fact that it's an exotic is actually an extreme limitation, you gotta think about how to spend the slot. the fact that fatebringer has what it has and ISN'T an exotic is incredibly valuable.

then there's "for what?" here are some picks

Best PvE Exotic out of the box: Hawkmoon
Best PvP Exotic out of the box: The Last Word/Hawkmoon
Best PvP Exotic fully upgraded/built out: Pretty good chance it's Thorn.
Best PvE Legendary: Fatebringer
Best PvP Legendary: Lord High Fixer
Fatebringer, Lord Hight Fixer, and The Devil You Know are all awesome all-around pve/pvp

there are also some interesting guns out there I haven't spent much time with, like the red hand ix, venation, and especially timor's lash.

so tough call.

it's hawkmoon.

Stillmatic

That video looks like it is from the Sepiks Prime nightfall, he just ran through the divide or through the grotto to get back to that area, then started running the route. Destiny will just start you in the rocketyards, it won't force you to stay there.

Oh wow, I had no idea Nightfall added 28's outside of the objective areas. Pretty awesome they count as Nightfall kills! I'm going to have to do this. Cheers!

Free Atheon Hard check point, got it on my alt, PSN LelouchK, whoever wants it add me and send me a msg "Atheon Hard Check Point", I will be doing a whole 15-30 min of handing out check point in 40-45 min.

Thanks for offering I will be hitting you up soon, PSN: Darryl_M_R

(I'm assuming the cheesing method of making him fall off is still available)

Mindlog

I have a legit kill this week, but I want to hop around the edge of the map. Will send a FR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom