• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighOnPCP

Good job Team!

2 hour run on Normal raid for 3 people that had never done it before.

I had an amazing loot run myself.

Ended up with

-Titan Boots
-Titan Gloves
-Titan Chest
-Aetheon's Epilogue
-Red Death (didn't realize I got this until I checked my mail later)
-Chatterwhite (duplicate)

Damn that's crazy! Deserves a High Five

peter-dinklage-o.gif

Zoidberg

If I level an alt only doing bounties/patrols on earth, when I hit 20 can I jump straight into the nightfall/raid? Or do I need to do the story to unlock them as I progress? I'm happy to level my alt just doing the bounties on earth every day + public events, and I really don't want to do the story again.

THIS RAID COMPLETELY TROLLED ME. Literally everything I got I have on my main

Raid Scout, Raid Shotgun, Raid Rocket, Shards, Raid Cape

How is it possible that EVERYTHING I have on my main I got on my alt. I am not exaggerating. . I did not get one new piece of equipment.

Sullichin

If I level an alt only doing bounties/patrols on earth, when I hit 20 can I jump straight into the nightfall/raid? Or do I need to do the story to unlock them as I progress? I'm happy to level my alt just doing the bounties on earth every day + public events, and I really don't want to do the story again.

Pretty sure you can do everything. I finished the story on my main character long after hitting level 20, and I did the mission by accident.

What do you expect?

A fucking update? If I wanted fanciful prose I'd read Moby Dick. It just makes it seem like Bungie is either completely oblivious to the critisicm of its game or ignoring it altogether, neither of which make them look good and wading through this guys nonsensical bullshit is just eye rollingly frustrating.

A fucking update? If I wanted fanciful prose I'd read Moby Dick. It just makes it seem like Bungie is either completely oblivious to the critisicm of its game or ignoring it altogether, neither of which make them look good and wading through this guys nonsensical bullshit is just eye rollingly frustrating.

I don't know why you'd take it that way, given that Bungie's been pretty clear about upcoming changes and other things.

Would love to get some quick advice: I just got my first chance at an exotic weapon bounty. My three choices are:

A Light in The Dark
Toland's Legacy
A Dubious Task

I'm paralyzed by the choice as it'll be my first exotic and I want to pick the best one. Thoughts? I typically roll Auto Rifle, Sniper, Shotgun. Used to use Hand Cannons but a dearth of good drops for that type made me give them up.

Would love to get some quick advice: I just got my first chance at an exotic weapon bounty. My three choices are:

A Light in The Dark
Toland's Legacy
A Dubious Task

I'm paralyzed by the choice as it'll be my first exotic and I want to pick the best one. Thoughts? I typically roll Auto Rifle, Sniper, Shotgun. Used to use Hand Cannons but a dearth of good drops for that type made me give them up.

A Dubious Task.

WelcomeNowhere

Neo Member
Cross posting from the group finding thread:

Have 2 looking to normal raid now, both have completed multiple times. Looking to either join a group or form one, whatever comes first. Psn is welcomenowhere, send a request. I'm level 29 hunter and the other is 29 Titan.

God. I have the last atheon checkpoint saved on my main for normal raid. If anyone is down to help me with it later or cheese it for me I would really appreciate it. I don't want to start from the beginning just to beat Atheon.

Updates are on Fridays, so you're complaining about a lack of an update on a blog post that was never, ever, going to be an update.

squidyj

Cross posting from the group finding thread:

Have 2 looking to normal raid now, both have completed multiple times. Looking to either join a group or form one, whatever comes first. Psn is welcomenowhere, send a request. I'm level 29 hunter and the other is 29 Titan.

i can join you on my 27 warlock, psn squidyj

colinp

Banned
Reading those previous updates just makes me realize how gross gamers are and have always been.

Everything is the end of the world! Everything is a slight against me! I'm angry and the only way I can show my anger is swear words! How dare they ignore me!! How dare they! They must be oblivious to all criticism!

neoism

thanks guys for an AWESOME raid... lol I was expecting two hours of dying over and over... When you have people that know what they are doing it was the funniest time I've had since launch...

SUROS am get :p <3
still one ugly ass looking gun

thanks guys for an AWESOME raid... lol I was expecting two hours of dying over and over... When you have people that know what they are doing it was the funniest time I've had since launch...

Completely jealous of you bro. And I'm glad you had a good time

A Light in The Dark
Toland's Legacy
A Dubious Task

Invective, always Invective. Dubious Task.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks, I'll choose that one. Any particular reason? Invective sounds and looks great, and if I had to guess, the never ending ammo is pretty damn useful.

Full auto shotgun + regen ammo = awesome PvP weapon.

Word of warning: Bungie did mention they'd be nerfing the range on shotguns in general (which they should, so no complaints) so once you get this, start getting into the habit of getting up close and personal.

Yeah thanks to you as well. I'm telling you the Suros is great. And you should definitely upgrade it. The slower fire rate with higher damage is a good thing!

Zoidberg

There should be a raid vendor with raid currency.

Shards of glass, 1 per checkpoint (4 per run).

Boots, chest, arms = 8 per
Helm = 12
Weapons = 12

If people have nothing else to spend them on:

1 shard = 10 material (whichever planet)
2 shards = 1 strange coin
2 shards = 1 mote of light

If it doesn't sense lorewise to have someone sell them, make a wizard sell the items that appears after aetheon dies. They are still hard to get (2 months for a full set of armor of only normal runs with 1 character), but much like vanguard/crucible marks, there's something you can aim for and gives people a reason to keep raiding. If there is a worry of people exploiting alts, make them character bound.

I hate the thought that 2 months from now, I'm still going to be doing the raid hoping for that last piece to drop. Meanwhile someone runs it once and comes out dripping in glorious legendaries.

I realise this wont happen, as the RNG keeps people raiding every week and extends the life of the game. It's still shit and I will continue to dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom