• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DIABLO II

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
You're right I do, but I need to buy it first. But before I do that I want to get the C&C collection.

Youll get way more play out of the Diablo II chest.

Lets put it this way. Ive traded in Diablo II like 6 times, and like a damned fool I kept buying it, this time IM NEVER TRADING IT IN CAUSE I KNOW ITS ONE OF THE BEST GAMES EVER MADE!

Tenguman

I've had Diablo 2 for ~5 years and never played it.

Some friends of mine are just now buying the game, so I'll probably start playing now :)

Is there just one expansion pack?

One expansion pack, but one of the best expansion packs ever made. JESUS DIABLO II ROX I BET GOD PLAYS IT TOO WITH JESUS AND THEY DO L00T RUNS OVER AND OVER AND WILL MISS THE APOCALYPSE AND FORGET WE ARE EVEN HERE HAHA JOKES ON YOU CHURCHIES!

Tenguman

The reason why I never played it is that Diablo 1's multiplayer scene got so corrupt, full of hacks and cheats....it just made it UN-FUN. It killed any hype for Diablo 2, and when I got it for my b-day, I just had little interest in installing it.

On the shelf it still sits.

Dice

We live in the days of email, messageboards, pms, and instant messaging. Just find people who don't cheat and play with them.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Tenguman said:
The reason why I never played it is that Diablo 1's multiplayer scene got so corrupt, full of hacks and cheats....it just made it UN-FUN. It killed any hype for Diablo 2, and when I got it for my b-day, I just had little interest in installing it.

On the shelf it still sits.

Dude, open and install that game now. The hackers have been dealt with for Diablo 2. All character stuff is saved server side and Blizzard is taking aggressive measures to thwart hackers by banning their cd key completely. It's fun shit when people aren't cheating

Tenguman

Wario64 said:
Dude, open and install that game now. The hackers have been dealt with for Diablo 2. All character stuff is saved server side and Blizzard is taking aggressive measures to thwart hackers by banning their cd key completely. It's fun shit when people aren't cheating
Can you come over here and do it for me? I'm lazy and don't want to get up and get the CD :/

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Had tons of fun playing diablo 2 in the past weeks, but when i moved to my new apartment i found myself without an internet connection for a full week and a half, and couldnt start diablo II at all, anyone know something about that? Does blizzard force you to have an internet connection to check if its a legit copy? I've got my connection back now but havent reinstalled, had to reformat my HD and lost all my diablo II saves in doing so, im not in a rush to start all over -_-

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Tenguman said:
I've had Diablo 2 for ~5 years and never played it.

Same here. I started playing the single player game to try and get the hang of it a couple weeks ago. Want to try multiplayer, but i don't have the expansion yet.

Necromancers were fixed a little with 1.10, but mostly in poison spells.

After like the first two patches for Diablo II, Blizzard destroyed them as useful characters.

Iron Maiden and Blood Golem only take so far, and for a while I remember bone/poison spells totally sucking ass.

Dice

I just tried playing Starcraft again, man I really do hate that game, C&C does everything a billion times better. I would trade my whole battlechest just for the Diablo II game, wouldn't even require the expansion, though it would be appreciated.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
MrAngryFace said:
Id freaking fix NECROMANCERS

Id also add a demon class. A DEMON SEEKING REDEMPTION! PLAY AS ANGEL IN DIABLO III!

Or you could try out the Diablo clone Sacred, which has a Seraphim as a playable character. :)

Tenguman

MrAngryFace said:
Korea ruined Starcraft.

VERY FUCKING TRUE

I tried to play the other day for the first time in years, and it's next to impossible to find a normal game. Everyone is Korean and everyone plays shitty ass map-hacks and shitty custom games.

map editors ruin RTS games.

yacobod

Banned
video game crack
i've had diablo 2 since it was released
i prolly play through the game at least once a year
usually quit in hell difficulty
i'm glad version 1.10 came out, it gave me another reason to go thru the game

i wonder when we will see diablo 3?

emerge

I'm happy I didn't play at all this week so far. Damned addiction. I hope you play hardcore, softcore is for 12 year olds.

Bregor

There is nothing wrong with the necromancer. My summoner necromancer was the easiest build I EVER have played, I went through normal and nightmare difficulty (and about half way through hell, in fact) like a hot knife through butter.

Tenguman said:
VERY FUCKING TRUE

I tried to play the other day for the first time in years, and it's next to impossible to find a normal game. Everyone is Korean and everyone plays shitty ass map-hacks and shitty custom games.

map editors ruin RTS games.
World War II: Death in Europe>>>>>>>>>melee

geogaddi

Banned
I think all Diablo games are oddly lifeless. I tried just about every possible "fun" thing (being pker, having lvl 88 hardcore sorc, having a sick hardcore 500+mf orb sorc, actually making a "good" elem druid, making a sick, sick dueling barb, fought Diablo clone 3 times already, more) and I still think the game is shallow in a bizarre way. Anyone agree?

I think thats MrAngryFace's 17th purposeless Diablo thread now (couting the ol' GA). ;)

Dice

Dungeon Siege has more to it's combat, but that ends up making it annoying. The 3D stuff makes it annoying too. Diablo II gameplay is straightforward and smooth like butta'...

...and addictive like crack!

Gattsu25

Banned
Diablo II = Great
Diablo II + Exp Pack = Greatness
Diablo II + Exp Pack + 1.10 = OMFGPWNAGE
Diablo II + Exp Pack + 1.10 + Bnet = Teh Suck

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
MrAngryFace said:
Id freaking fix NECROMANCERS

Necros (especially summoners) are awesome since 1.10, by far the easiest char to play with shit equipment. The only real problems for them is either normal Diablo (the summons aren't strong enough at that point) or against the Dclone. Except for those two instances, my summoner literally walked through all three difficulties while wearing heaps of magic find.

BuddyC

MrAngryFace said:
One expansion pack, but one of the best expansion packs ever made. JESUS DIABLO II ROX I BET GOD PLAYS IT TOO WITH JESUS AND THEY DO L00T RUNS OVER AND OVER AND WILL MISS THE APOCALYPSE AND FORGET WE ARE EVEN HERE HAHA JOKES ON YOU CHURCHIES!

yes!

emerge

geogaddi said:
I think all Diablo games are oddly lifeless. I tried just about every possible "fun" thing (being pker, having lvl 88 hardcore sorc, having a sick hardcore 500+mf orb sorc, actually making a "good" elem druid, making a sick, sick dueling barb, fought Diablo clone 3 times already, more) and I still think the game is shallow in a bizarre way. Anyone agree?

Well, it's all about itams and pwning 8player hell games solo. Or so I hear. Actually of course a lot of the fun comes from finding the shiny green and golden stuff, but that experience has largely been ruined in 1.10 by the runedupers and the pindlebotters. Also trying out chars other than max synergie Blizzies can be fun, even though most people on battle.net seem to think otherwise. Playing the game in a non-pa manner, i.e. questing in a nice party can be extremely enjoying, but hey, trying to find someone who is willing to walk through normal maggot lair without the help of a lvl 90 sorc is a daunting task.

That said, it's largely greed and addiction that drives this game for most people and for the rest of the bnet folk its about ruining the fun of other players trough pk.

Now i wonder why I invested enough time into that game to raise 4 90+ and 12 80+ chars on HCL :(

shpankey

not an idiot
Diablo II still pwns me to this day. Do not install it, not if you want a life dude. Staaaaay way away! MAF is like the local corner drug dealer, trying to get people to "just try" D2... knowing full well he will get them addicted.

You have been WARNED!

Top Bottom