• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV has already generated $1 billion (15% is down to MTX) in its first year

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I hear you but I think there are a lot of happy casual players in the game. I enjoy it in spurts. I leave and come back and don’t take it too seriously. Waiting for Titan Quest 2 and PoE2.
Don’t forget Grim Dawn expansion!

But yeah stoked for TQ2 as well.

Last edited:

Nydius

Considering MtX was only 15%, I think they left money on the table due to greed. If those prices were slashed I bet 15% would have been much higher.
I’m absolutely right there with you. I haven’t spent a penny on MTX for D4, despite seeing quite a few things I would have liked. But the moment I see their asking price, I just laugh and keep my money in my pocket.

$30 dollars for different color town portals and 1000 platinum? Get the hell outta here with that nonsense Blizzard.

These aren’t MICROtransactions at the prices they’re asking.

Cyberpunkd

After the campaign i couldnt keep playing.
That’s kinda what happened to me, went super hard for a week, got almost all my BP unlocks done, level 88….and I’m kinda done. I cannot understand the concept of doing the same thing next season to get more pixels.
Back to RPGs I guess.

Cyberpunkd

$30 dollars for different color town portals and 1000 platinum? Get the hell outta here with that nonsense Blizzard.
You will have people defending xpac Ultimate Edition saying that it’s a steal at $30 more than other edition since you get that much in Platinum + all the other bonuses are basically for free! Yes, you are buying Platinum in a bundle instead of directly in the store, good job champ.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
That’s kinda what happened to me, went super hard for a week, got almost all my BP unlocks done, level 88….and I’m kinda done. I cannot understand the concept of doing the same thing next season to get more pixels.
Back to RPGs I guess.

What do you feel the main lack of motivation came from? Gameplay too samey? No feeling of meaningful progression?

Chukhopops

Everyone seems to hate it, yet they made a billion. Somethings isn’t adding up.
Some hated it at launch but those days it seems people are mostly satisfied with the state of the game? In my experience (2 level 100 characters) the game is already way better than D3 has ever been in terms of build variety and actual things to do.

What's puzzling to me is buying the battle pass when it really doesn't give much? The useful stuff is ashes which are part of the free pass, you get more than enough skins in the free pass already and the free levels basically save you a couple hours at best?

TheStam

I'm having fun with end game this season, there's just so much content and it's a perfect mindless after work game. I bought the Season Pass and that one is pretty OK value for useless stuff as you get like 60% the same amount of platinum back if you finish the season pass so I'll probaby use that to partly pay for a future season pass. But the store micro transactions are just nuts. Of course the coolest shit needs to be bought with real money and a set costs like €30, that is crazy money.

Last edited:

MarkyG

I'm guilty. Guilty of loving this game. I'm fairly new to the isometric ARPG scene but this game has had its hooks in me this season. On my 2nd character. Huge, hopefully good changes coming in October as well. I need to touch some grass.

Top Bottom