• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV |OT| Blessed Mother... Save Us

Darkone

Anyone had lag/spikes issues during play?
I have tons of it while playing.

Dont think its performance issues with RTX 3080.

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Credits are rolling.

I liked the story a lot. There was a bit of of filler here and there, so not super tight, but I liked it. Lilith as a villain... super good. The story felt very "demonic" in the sense that it deals on the subject with some depth. The final cutscene, however is a disappointment - while I understand the need to keep things open ended, there MUST have been better ways to do it.

However, the decision to mostly ignore the events of diablo 3 leaves a bunch of holes. I understand why they did it, but in practice this feels like a soft reset.

Personally its an 8/10 for me.

amigastar

Credits are rolling.

I liked the story a lot. There was a bit of of filler here and there, so not super tight, but I liked it. Lilith as a villain... super good. The story felt very "demonic" in the sense that it deals on the subject with some depth. The final cutscene, however is a disappointment - while I understand the need to keep things open ended, there MUST have been better ways to do it.

However, the decision to mostly ignore the events of diablo 3 leaves a bunch of holes. I understand why they did it, but in practice this feels like a soft reset.

But you haven't seen any endgame so far, right? I've heard thats when the fun begins (paragon board, tree of whispers, WT 3 and 4 etc.)

Last edited:
Finally got my mount and immediately equipped my Ashava Trophy
HUNw8U5.png

The Lilith horse is pretty sweet too IMO

But anyways, been taking my time playing solo in WT2 and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. People complaining about Rogue damage simply aren't playing properly. I'm not following any build guides and I'm still destroying everything but tanky enemies. It's hilarious how quick some bosses go down with the Shadow Clone Ultimate (which will likely get a nerf, unfortunately).

reinking

Gold Member
30 hours and some change before us late bloomers can attempt to play. I do wonder how the servers are going to hold up with even more players jumping in. I have a busy week next week anyway so it might not matter much for me.

cormack12

Gold Member
Playing on xbox and not really seeing any of that tbh. Even in the public events, performance has been rock solid in UK.

Up to level 38 now and on the last leg of act v I think. Been enjoyable so far, not enough time in the day really

TheRealElvis

Neo Member
Which version runs better? Xbox or PS? I recently got a Series X but I always buy the games for the PS (every DF Video tells me PS has always some kind of advantage). Could this be my first Xbox Game? Please forgive me if the question was already asked.

j0hnnix

Nerfs are good.

Fuck diablo 3s buffs only approach until everyone is doing a quintillion DPS.
To be fair, I read them and rolled my eyes, but jumping back into my rogue I barely notice a difference.

Does anyone have any new farm locations? Just have smidge left to hit 50. Doing tree of rinse and repeat.

MastAndo

So people on Reddit are losing their collective minds over these nerfs. As a filthy casual, it sounds to me as though Whirlwind Barb will still be viable, just not overpowered. I do want to play endgame content though - am I setting myself up to have a hard time by sticking with Barb? I'm enjoying it more than Druid thus far (both level 27).

Last edited:

Calverz

Played about an hour on Steam Deck and a few on PC and yea this has its hooks in me, though I am getting a lot of stuttering in some areas and I have no idea why, on Medium settings as well so shouln't be a big issue
How is the deck handling the game? 40-60 in most areas?

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Is pulverize end game Druid build still the best currently even with the nerf today ?

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
So people on Reddit are losing their collective minds over these nerfs. As a filthy casual, it sounds to me as though Whirlwind Barb will still be viable, just not overpowered. I do want to play endgame content though - am I setting myself up to have a hard time by sticking with Barb? I'm enjoying it more than Druid thus far (both level 27).
From what I’ve seen it’s just that Barbarians (I haven’t played one yet but judging by the encounters and the skills) in a full melee build they have very limited options in dealing with enemies that have hazards surrounding them. When I fought a guy who had poison surrounding him on my Necro, while I casually sat back from the fruckus; literally my first thought was; ’this would be an outright pain in the ass as a melee Barbarian’.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I just want to beat it. Thinking of putting it on my Steam deck. Lol. My wife and I are making progress on PS5, but she wants to do all the events. Slow as molasses compared to D3.

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
The lucky hit being reduced isn't earth shattering. Pulverize is all about converting it to earth damage and having bonuses on CC mobs
Nothing in the nerfs was earth shattering; they basically just slightly fiddled with the numbers on a few skills, it’s just a slight tweak in the grand scheme of things (right or wrong, with the changes either way it won’t have a huge impact overall).

It’s going to be the equipment affix changes that will be the build-breakers, but they haven’t really touched the legendary traits yet; where they don’t just tweak the numbers but also the wording (and in the process the way the affix works)…

Once they start messing around with that then we will likely see big endgame build changes, not just minor number tweaks on the main skills.

Last edited:

SCB3

So end of Act 2 and level 20 or so, I've discovered (well I bet someone else has) a nice Poison Rogue build with the Traps and Imbuements along with Cloaking, basically conceal, lay poison trap, dash away, twisted blade anything that survives, pretty fun

However I've read in the description you can lay more than 1 trap (up to 4 it says) but I can't due to the cooldown, how do I do that?

Oh also these dropped, pretty nice defensive shield bubble drops often enough to make it worth keeping

n2eHpJh.png
ERlqri9.png

Last edited:

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
So end of Act 2 and level 20 or so, I've discovered (well I bet someone else has) a nice Poison Rogue build with the Traps and Imbuements along with Cloaking, basically conceal, lay poison trap, dash away, twisted blade anything that survives, pretty fun

However I've read in the description you can lay more than 1 trap (up to 4 it says) but I can't due to the cooldown, how do I do that?

Oh also these dropped, pretty nice defensive shield bubble drops often enough to make it worth keeping

n2eHpJh.png
ERlqri9.png
Muahahaha:
yIVXrA7.jpg

Last edited:
Feel like I haven't progressed gear wise/getting stronger since campaign is over with my druid. I have all my needed imbues from dungeons but don't have enough mats to do so and the gear I have isn't worth imbueing imo. I feel just like starting over with another class

MastAndo

I was getting a lot of hitching, rubberbanding and frame drops last night, but I saw a tip that suggested changing your Windows network settings to Public. The network device polling caused by the Private setting is apparently causing issues for some. Anyway, it's been smooth as silk for me today in my first session after the change, so I thought I would through it out there.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Cant wait. Amazing how Diablo games take over 10 years to come out now.

D1 = 1997 (although I'm positive my bros and I played it in late Dec as my bro bought it as a PC store shopping)
D2 = 2000
D3 = 2012
D4 = 2023

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Credits are rolling.

Story??

Spider Man Lol GIF

DavidGzz

Gold Member
Man, I've been all over, or so I thought. I checked the map and really zoomed out and I've seen like 20% of it! I'm level 40 and think I've only beaten 1 major boss. This game will take me longer than Elden Ring at this pace. Fuck yeah!

Last edited:

Fools idol

Banned
Playing through the Torment world tier with my Hardcore necromancer and its fucking INTENSE. This is seriously a great game. It's got to be the hardest Diablo by far and I have barely scratched the surface.

If my rogue survives the final torment run I will be stoked. Anazed I made it this far tbh, couple times I was convinced I fucked up and got through by the nostril hairs

Maybe it is just my build but Necro is significantly harder to crowd control with than previous games

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Gold Member
Rubber banding has been pretty bad for me today. Kind of hard to play.

My buddy who lives in the same town was saying the same thing. I haven't seen any of that. Super smooth. I wonder if it's the private settings thing, he can't check right now since he is at work.

DavidGzz

Gold Member
The race to 100 thing might be a bit slimy from Blizz but the views this is getting on Twitch because of it is nuts. Everyone I follow is playing this from Shroud to Lord Fluffy.

Top Bottom