• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did I miss something? Zelda Collector's Edition

evil ways

Yeah, my EB still has all 3 of the copies I traded in for about $32 each, at $59.99. They also sell the Ocarina/MQ disc for $45.99.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
That's how EBgames and Gamestop make their profits. Buy low, sell high. Sometimes ridiculously high

Mrbob

Gamestop is selling it for 30. Well, they were when I bought mine a couple weeks back. 60 is ridiculous. 30 isn't horrible, and for something that isn't exactly the easiest item to get ahold of nowadays is a decent price.

Looks like they are on backorder now at gamestop.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I'm not sure if putting a label with the words NOT FOR RESALE on something actually has much legal pull on whether you can sell it or not.

At best, I'd think it would be to make sure retailers know to only give it away as a freebie, and -not- to sell it.

Haha, that's funny, I got mine FREE.

For buying awesome games, no less!

But seriously, thik of it this way: Zelda remakes = $20 on GBA. So, $30 for those two plaus the two N64 ones is a pretty nice gig.

cvxfreak

I don't think the "NOT FOR RESALE" signs are actual laws. I think it all comes down to the condition of the product - not for resale.

Of course if Nintendo just didn't put UPCs, then they could be stopped. But otherwise...

Alcibiades

the funny thing is I've met customers who could care less about Zelda (like parents, 25+ crowd sometimes, etc...), but have the disc cause they bought it with their Cubes last Christmas.

Nintendo printed ONE MILLION of these, plus you can find Zelda, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask in plenty of places for good prices, and many people own them. Not only that, the GCN has the pre-order "Master-Quest" disc, plus there's the Classic-NES edition Zelda that was just released.

I don't see why this thing should be selling for anything over $20. Thing is, a lot of casuals that could care less about it probably have it sitting somewhere or in the trash, but even then, this isn't a Saturn game that got a print run of 40,000 or less, this is ONE MILLION!

Top Bottom