• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Die Hard Trilogy - Saturn vs. PSOne comparison video

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
This is timely information. I was just preparing to purchase one of these "video gaming console systems" and appreciate the additional data. Thank you and good day sir.

Lazy8s

The ghost of Dreamcast past
I remember the development on that port. The team just gave up trying to properly convert things after a while. Some developers could get it; some wouldn't. Ten Pin Alley was ported to Saturn very well with only one programmer and very limited resources.

Ranger X

wow... i must be anything except a graphic whore. I can see alot of different things but it looks substancial and not crucial to me...
Frame rate a bit better on PS1 side, better effects on the PS1 side too. Anything that kills the game for the Saturn i guess. I mean, alot of games had a bit more polished look on the PS1 vs the Saturn back then.
Maybe there was gameplay issue with the Saturn version? bad controls?? Never played the Saturn version, i would like to know.

goodcow

Lazy8s said:
I remember the development on that port. The team just gave up trying to properly convert things after a while. Some developers could get it; some wouldn't. Ten Pin Alley was ported to Saturn very well with only one programmer and very limited resources.

Where did you hear this from, and do you have any more information?

Hotsuma

Heh..you should do a comparison of the Saturn and Playstation Marvel Superoes/Xmen vs Streetfighter games. Capcom really had to cut those games up to run on the Playstation.

U.2.K. Tha Greate$t said:
Its best to buy the pc version, and just to let everyone know, the saturn version plays and looks just like the psx version....

no it looks ugly and has fps problem! BTW that was alot of fun1 Especially the taxi stuff :D

Top Bottom