• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Community Thread |OT| For all the Digidestined on GAF

I like the Q&A party planning answer.

Mimi starting to cook for everyone, then getting bored and Sora taking over is so true, lol. The guy seems to get the characters pretty well. I can't wait to see Mimi's cooking footwork.

giphy.gif

I like this guy already.

Yeah, dude seems like a true fan, I'm excited to hear him. Taichi is looking like he will continue his awesome streak.

Adventure website updated.

02 being cannon has been confirmed :
http://great-blaster.tumblr.com/post/129208617770/the-official-website-has-updated-with-both-story
(Hopefully the ending isn't =p)

Character profiles here:
http://great-blaster.tumblr.com/post/129211823030/this-wwwww-profile-wwwwwwwwwww-yagami-taichi
Some new information here.

Found on Reddit, dunno how accurate the translations are.
glancing through, should be quite accurate.... while I don't mind 02 events being canon, hopefully not the future epilogue though :p

I know some folks here talked about the possibility of Taichi and Mimi becoming an item at some point in these OVAs or something. I think that'd be pretty cool, but I'm just wondering how strong a possibility that actually has of happening.

Thoughts, everyone?

Stuart444

It's Onkeikun's blog who is part of Ryuu-Rogue (who fan-translated a number of series) and is generally one of the more relied upon people in the Digimon fandom for translating :) So no worries on it being accurate.

Hikari loves sweets! I wonder if she's going to be eating sweets throughout the OVA series.

Also Yamato's band has disbanded and he has a new one. Wonder why... maybe because Yamato wants to be an Astronaut and his band mates think that will interfere with his band duties? XD

I like the sound of Taichi running after Kuwagamon even though he is as helpless as anyone until Agumon shows up haha.

It's Onkeikun's blog who is part of Ryuu-Rogue (who fan-translated a number of series) and is generally one of the more relied upon people in the Digimon fandom for translating :) So no worries on it being accurate.

Oh,yeah I remember them from WtW back in the day.

Looks like Jou's having some difficulty getting his grades :O.
Also, what is up with Kari and her ice cream =S

I know some folks here talked about the possibility of Taichi and Mimi becoming an item at some point in these OVAs or something. I think that'd be pretty cool, but I'm just wondering how strong a possibility that actually has of happening.

Thoughts, everyone?

Since the recent producer interview pretty much confirms the 02 epilogue to be happening, I think the couples at the end of 02 are probably going to stay that way: YamatoxSora and KenxMiyako. TaichixMimi has little chance of happening, imo.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Since the recent producer interview pretty much confirms the 02 epilogue to be happening, I think the couples at the end of 02 are probably going to stay that way: YamatoxSora and KenxMiyako. TaichixMimi has little chance of happening, imo.

Nooooooooooo :( I wonder though, how did the Japanese audience feel about the terrible epilogue? I feel like I've only heard backlash from the western side of the world for it, mostly.

Nooooooooooo :( I wonder though, how did the Japanese audience feel about the terrible epilogue? I feel like I've only heard backlash from the western side of the world for it, mostly.

It would be interesting to get their perspective on certain aspects of it. Sora becoming a fashion designer probably went over a lot better there.

But surely no one asked for KenxMiyako. >.>

Thoughts, everyone?

Becoming an item? You mean a couple? If 02 ending is canon, it is unlikely.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
It would be interesting to get their perspective on certain aspects of it. Sora becoming a fashion designer probably went over a lot better there.

But surely no one asked for KenxMiyako. >.>

No, no they didn't :/ Honestly, the Sore thing always kind of made sense to me. For someone who was a tomboy as a kid, you can see her mature more through 02 as she stopped rebelling against her mom so much through Adventure. I dunno, maybe her sportsy persona was part of her rebellion and trying hard NOT to get into flower arranging because her mom wanted her to continue it so bad? That's how I always saw it.

Yamato as an astronaut is one big wtf though. I mean... did he study as hard as Jou?? I would think that you would need some darn good grades to get into a space program >_>

No, no they didn't :/ Honestly, the Sore thing always kind of made sense to me. For someone who was a tomboy as a kid, you can see her mature more through 02 as she stopped rebelling against her mom so much through Adventure. I dunno, maybe her sportsy persona was part of her rebellion and trying hard NOT to get into flower arranging because her mom wanted her to continue it so bad? That's how I always saw it.

Yamato as an astronaut is one big wtf though. I mean... did he study as hard as Jou?? I would think that you would need some darn good grades to get into a space program >_>

It makes sense, but I remember everyone hating it (the dub not doing as good of a job describing her relationship with her mother might be the cause of that).

I want to see how they get Yamato his astronaut job. The writers probably saw that and were like, "shit".

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
The astronaut and stay at home mom thing were the worst ones, as everything else made sense due to their personalities. I'll even buy Ken as a detective, cause why not! Something about him with a trench coat and having his partner Stingmon... wait, was that almost alluding to The Green Hornet? >_> I ummm just thought about that... Oh well, i'll buy it either way :p

The astronaut and stay at home mom thing were the worst ones, as everything else made sense due to their personalities. I'll even buy Ken as a detective, cause why not! Something about him with a trench coat and having his partner Stingmon... wait, was that almost alluding to The Green Hornet? >_> I ummm just thought about that... Oh well, i'll buy it either way :p

I really like Ken's as you can say it was the result of him wanting to make up for his mistakes. That and how they say a detective's brain is wired the same way as a criminal's.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I really like Ken's as you can say it was the result of him wanting to make up for his mistakes. That and how they say a detective's brain is wired the same way as a criminal's.

Yeah that's pretty much how I saw it. Maybe not exactly a Will Graham, but still a form of redemption for him.

It could be stereotypical, but I thought that Mimi would fit better for the fashion designer role. I mean, she lived in New York and was the girly girl. I don't remember she cooking anything during the series.

It could be stereotypical, but I thought that Mimi would fit better for the fashion designer role. I mean, she lived in New York and was the girly girl. I don't remember she cooking anything during the series.

Yeah, personally I would have given fashion designer to Mimi, rockstar (or cook) to Yamato, teacher/coach to Sora (I don't know if they do the teacher is also a coach thing in Japan), and web designer or sound designer to Miyako. Hikari could then become a photographer since Sora took teacher.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
In merch news, I got 2 emails from Amazon about Metalgarurumon. First said it's shipping Sept 28th, second said 23rd. Pretty soon! I just hope Amazon gets the Bluefin orders sorted out... No cons in my area for a while, either.

In merch news, I got 2 emails from Amazon about Metalgarurumon. First said it's shipping Sept 28th, second said 23rd. Pretty soon! I just hope Amazon gets the Bluefin orders sorted out... No cons in my area for a while, either.

That's good. Hopefully everyone's getting their orders fulfilled. Bluefin posted on their Facebook that they are resolving canceled orders with Amazon.

I wonder what happened.

Stuart444

Problem with this is, they never showed any development of that part of her character in 02. Hell that's my issue with Ken x Miyako. It was never given much development outside of her initial crush on him.

02 main issues are pretty much lack of development all around.

Tri may fix that but it needs to be convincing/natural development that occurs through all 6 OVAs imo. Do that and I'll be happy with the epilogue (even if I wish some things were different)

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
That's good. Hopefully everyone's getting their orders fulfilled. Bluefin posted on their Facebook that they are resolving canceled orders with Amazon.

I wonder what happened.

I should follow them on FB to find out. Sailor Pluto was barely even up that long for pre-order on Amazon :/

I also regret pre-ordering Wargreymon off Crunchyroll after hearing how slow they ship.

Problem with this is, they never showed any development of that part of her character in 02. Hell that's my issue with Ken x Miyako. It was never given much development outside of her initial crush on him.

02 main issues are pretty much lack of development all around.

Tri may fix that but it needs to be convincing/natural development that occurs through all 6 OVAs imo. Do that and I'll be happy with the epilogue (even if I wish some things were different)

Agreed, you can see that they could go there with her character, but she needed a few more pushes to make it "fit". Tri can hopefully sort out that issue I have, even if I'm still not a fan of that direction.

I should follow them on FB to find out. Sailor Pluto was barely even up that long for pre-order on Amazon :/

I also regret pre-ordering Wargreymon off Crunchyroll after hearing how slow they ship.

When is the Wargreymon re-release? I may or may not get him...

Stuart444

Agreed, you can see that they could go there with her character, but she needed a few more pushes to make it "fit". Tri can hopefully sort out that issue I have, even if I'm still not a fan of that direction.

We can not be fans of it as long as they can make the direction more organic and natural.

You set an epilogue years later and then do something totally different to what you have seen throughout the series then of course people will get annoyed over it.

Tri has a chance to fix it and I hope it does. I also hope the general story of the OVAs are good as well of course. :)

Stuart444

edit: woops, double post, sorry

So since the OT for the game has been dead and since this is a Digimon community thread which includes games...

I started playing Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth again, almost at the end of Chapter 9 and about to do a quest which according to a guide I'm looking at has us facing (small main quest boss spoilers):
BlackWarGreymon and BlackMetalGarurumon.
(Nothing too spoilerish but just incase since the game isn't out in English until next year :) )

Party at the moment is:

Angewomon (I plan on De-Digivoling her soon to up her Talent since most Megas need 20 - 40): Trying to get Ophanimon

PlatinumSukamon x 2: their defense is high and with that double XP for each one you have in your battle party... ftw. Grinding has never been easier, I just wish I had raised another one early on for 3 of them. Their defense is so high, they could win a lot of battles on their own and provide double experience for each of them which stacks :D. Sooo good

Rizegreymon: Already De-digivolved them so they are ready to become Shinegreymon once I get his level up
MachGaogamon: Same as Rize except going for MirageGaogamon
Rapidmon: a few levels away from becoming MegaGargomon
Flamedramon: He looks too cool which is why he's in my party.

I forgot how much fun this game is. Hopefully I can complete it before something else gets my attention or anything else happens. Also can't wait til it's on the PS4.

(side note: I have Peckmon and Sunflowmon in my farm so I could easily get a full set of Savers megas if I wanted haha)

Yeah, personally I would have given fashion designer to Mimi, rockstar (or cook) to Yamato, teacher/coach to Sora (I don't know if they do the teacher is also a coach thing in Japan), and web designer or sound designer to Miyako. Hikari could then become a photographer since Sora took teacher.

Hey, I agree with you. Nice picks, Yamato as a cook looks pretty cool. :)

We can not be fans of it as long as they can make the direction more organic and natural.

You set an epilogue years later and then do something totally different to what you have seen throughout the series then of course people will get annoyed over it.

Tri has a chance to fix it and I hope it does. I also hope the general story of the OVAs are good as well of course. :)

Yep, agreed again. It's sort of like the Star Wars prequels to me. Hate the movies and some of the ideas presented in them, but The Clone Wars tv show takes it and makes gold despite my reservations.

I want that to happen here.

So since the OT for the game has been dead and since this is a Digimon community thread which includes games...

I started playing Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth again, almost at the end of Chapter 9 and about to do a quest which according to a guide I'm looking at has us facing (small main quest boss spoilers):
(Nothing too spoilerish but just incase since the game isn't out in English until next year :) )

Party at the moment is:

Angewomon (I plan on De-Digivoling her soon to up her Talent since most Megas need 20 - 40): Trying to get Ophanimon

PlatinumSukamon x 2: their defense is high and with that double XP for each one you have in your battle party... ftw. Grinding has never been easier, I just wish I had raised another one early on for 3 of them. Their defense is so high, they could win a lot of battles on their own and provide double experience for each of them which stacks :D. Sooo good

Rizegreymon: Already De-digivolved them so they are ready to become Shinegreymon once I get his level up

I forgot how much fun this game is. Hopefully I can complete it before something else gets my attention or anything else happens. Also can't wait til it's on the PS4.

(side note: I have Peckmon and Sunflowmon in my farm so I could easily get a full set of Savers megas if I wanted haha)

Oh man, you are almost to Chapter 10, the story really picks up from there. I can't wait for the English release so I can fully understand everything. And all those high-res photos on the PS4, mwahahaha!

Nice choices in Digimon. I kept Fladramon for awhile myself just because he looked so cool (all of V-mon's evolutions came out looking great) and that PlatinumSukamon method is magic. I think everyone in the OT used it.

Hey, I agree with you. Nice picks, Yamato as a cook looks pretty cool. :)

Thank you, I spent five more minutes thinking about it than the writers did, lol.

HOLY SHIT, THAT NEXT ORDER TRAILER
https://youtu.be/Jhum4daQILE

-That remake of the file island music from digimon world 1
-The world isn't flat like re:digitized.
-Raise Two digimon at the same time! - this is going to make training them twice as much work >_< seems you use left /right triggers in battle to send individual commands. That seems fun.
-actual animated finishers??

There's also a leaked scan which details the story.

EDIT - Thread already created -http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1113295

Party at the moment is:

Really looking forward to it. Does it have a solid release date yet? For some reason I remember hearing April.

Stuart444

Really looking forward to it. Does it have a solid release date yet? For some reason I remember hearing April.

Nope, just next year. As soon as a release date is announced, someone will post it here :)

Also that Next Order trailer. Two Digimon at the same time? YES! This works very nicely with my indecisiveness. It was hard enough to decide who I want to raise in the original haha.

All this Digimon gaming goodness. It almost makes up for the Persona 5 delay... almost. ;_;

Things I noticed:
1. Of course the two Digimon at a time is awesome, and they fact that their relationship changes how they fight sounds cool. Do you guys think we'll get a jogress for Piyomon and Palmon? That might have implications for Tri if we do.

2. The Digimon talk to you in Katakana. It's weird to read it like that.

3. That mystery Digimon at the end... It looked kind of like Omegamon Zwart? Wouldn't be surprised if it was a jogress of some kind.

4. No release date for Cyber Sleuth yet, bah.

5. In the 15 min demo, did Garurumon just use Fox Fire instead of Howling Blaster or was I seeing things? I wouldn't mind if Metal Wolf Claw was changed as well, Bamco. *cough cough*

I've been trying to find a copy of Digimon World but they're way more expensive than I thought. I had one a long time ago and still have the case but I lost the disc. It either got stolen or it's at my grandma's house somewhere.

I've been trying to find a copy of Digimon World but they're way more expensive than I thought. I had one a long time ago and still have the case but I lost the disc. It either got stolen or it's at my grandma's house somewhere.

I wish they would just release it on PSN. Maybe if Cyber Sleuth does well they'll put it on there to get people nostalgic for Next Order.

I-hate-u

All the Tri versions of the main Adventure songs getting released.

Can'twait.gif

I am perfectly fine with the entirety of 02 being cannon, minus being overly sensitive about killing Digimon, and the whole everyone gets a Digimon. Couples, I am not really bothered by it, but I would like them to explain how everyone ended up picking their careers the way they did. Yamato, Mimi, and Jou in particular baffle me quite a bit.

Miyako's staying at home mom ordeal doesn't really bother me very much. Nothing wrong with being completely devoted to her children, and I can sort of see that trajectory in her character growing up.

Articalys

There will be a major announcement on the 21st after a mini-marathon of 02 on NicoNico.

https://twitter.com/Digi_advntr15th/status/641579306771070976
Maybe another PV? With 02 characters? :p

http://moca-news.net/article/20150918/2015091813390a_/01/

Yep, it'll be a new PV for tri, with voiced dialogue from all eight Digidestined. No word about 02 characters showing up though.
A rough calculation of the length of the marathon means it'll probably debut around midnight on Tuesday in Japan, or around 11am EDT on Monday.

edit: oh, I didn't realize they hadn't profiled the two characters in the article yet, thought it was just announcing their VAs (Daisuke Namikawa and Yuko Kaida). One's just a substitute assistant teacher/professor at Taichi's school, Daigo Nishijima; the other is the mystery lady Maki Himekawa who appears before the Digidestined.

Stuart444

At least I was right about her being a girl and not a guy like some thought :p

Also a teacher, wonder if they are important since they are being mentioned before the OVA is out.

Top Bottom