• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Community Thread |OT| For all the Digidestined on GAF

At least I was right about her being a girl and not a guy like some thought :p

Also a teacher, wonder if they are important since they are being mentioned before the OVA is out.

Her fingernails and clothing made her look like a girl to me. I think people were trying too hard to connect her with a pre-existing character to see "she" wasn't a "he".

As for the teacher, maybe he's trying to push Taichi into a career?

Edit: Of course I'm at the top of the page. Since I'm here, I guess I should let everyone know that Amazon shows Metalgarurumon will be in stock again on September 23rd.

Stuart444

So just reached Chapter 13 in Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth.

Chapter 11: Ending to this chapter was good. Did not expect that boss (no spoilers)

Chapter 12: An all cutscene chapter more or less. Was that the
Digital World?
That music was fucking awesome though.

Chapter 13: Lopmon! Nuff said.

All in all, enjoying this so much.

Party at the moment:

MegaGargomon
PlatinumSukamon x 2
Shinegreymon
MirageGaogamon
Flamedramon
Angewomon (so close to getting Ophanimon)
Gomamon (de-digivolved in ordered to get him up further for Vikemon)

Also beat the Platinum Cup which was fucking tough. Once I digivolved MachGaogamon and RizeGreymon to MirageGaogamon and Shinegreymon, I won. Took me 3 tries but I got so much experience thanks to the double PlatinumSukamon's.

I love how some of the opponents have themes that anime fans will know ie (small coliseum spoilers)
Gotsumon & Pumpkinmon (Adventure reference), all 3 Leomon types, Taomon, Growlmon and Rapidmon (Tamers team) and Shakkoumon, Silphymon and Paildramon (Adventure 02 team)

Thanks, what was the issue with this in the end?

I doubt Bluefin or Amazon will ever tell us straight up, but if I had to guess, there was a miscommunication between the two and Bluefin did not give Amazon enough figures to fulfill their orders. The week before release, Amazon noticed they didn't have enough, took down the pre order, and delayed the release.

I know other figure orders were canceled, maybe because Amazon wanted to make sure just how many they were going to get before committing to a certain number?

Hopefully this is just a one time thing. I would like to order Omegamon from them (if it ever shows up).

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Omegamon AND Chaosdukemon. I hope that means for the other Bluefin figures I was looking at, that when they release they will actually be able to get stock IN for those.

So I noticed a theory on WtW that the substitute teacher could be the leader of the original Chosen Children. The reasoning being he has a "Da" in his name (which follows the main character "Ta" "Da" naming tradition) and he has a star on his shirt like young Taichi.

Interesting theory, even if it is a bit of a stretch. I can't say I was never curious on what happened to the original children.

Omegamon AND Chaosdukemon. I hope that means for the other Bluefin figures I was looking at, that when they release they will actually be able to get stock IN for those.

I keep forgetting about ChaosDukemon. Metalgarurumon showing up again is a good sign for the other figures, I think.

Stuart444

Yeah, that's a major stretch considering the 'original chosen' was pretty much a throwaway line near the very end of the first series.

Would be nice to see what happened to them and stuff but I doubt this has anything to do with that lol.

Yeah, that's a major stretch considering the 'original chosen' was pretty much a throwaway line near the very end of the first series.

Would be nice to see what happened to them and stuff but I doubt this has anything to do with that lol.

Yeah, honestly I think he's just going to be a semi-important substitute teacher, but random theories make the world a more interesting place. ;P

Maki is totally Gennai in disguise, btw.

Stuart444

Yeah, honestly I think he's just going to be a semi-important substitute teacher, but random theories make the world a more interesting place. ;P

Maki is totally Gennai in disguise, btw.

Haha, well I wonder how important he is just because random teachers aren't usually profiled like this.

Also in Cyber Sleuth news: Finished Chapter 15, that was one long ass chapter. Favourite part was probably
Rina!

With all the Royal Knight stuff, it feels like it could be a sister series to Savers in a way. With the Detective agency and all this Royal Knight stuff.

Also the stats for BlackOmegamon is ;_; I only just got BlackWargreymon/BlackMetalGarurumon as well.

Haha, well I wonder how important he is just because random teachers aren't usually profiled like this.

Also in Cyber Sleuth news: Finished Chapter 15, that was one long ass chapter. Favourite part was probably
Rina!

With all the Royal Knight stuff, it feels like it could be a sister series to Savers in a way. With the Detective agency and all this Royal Knight stuff.

Also the stats for BlackOmegamon is ;_; I only just got BlackWargreymon/BlackMetalGarurumon as well.

It does give off strong Savers vibes (making the OT title even more appropriate). The focus on the real world and how Digimon are treated as hacker programs is interesting. It serves as a nice contrast to the newer Digimon World games, which are going for the Adventure vibes.

Now that I think about it, most of the Story games, at least the ones that made it West, have had a connection to Savers in some way.

And, yeah, I thought Imperialdramon was hard to get stat-wise, Omegamon Zwart was even harder. Imperialdramon Paladin Mode was the toughest to get for me, for good reason I suppose.

Stuart444

Only understanding some stuff, I think one of the big parts of the story is based around those who think of them as just Programs and those
(led by Nokia in particular)
who say they are real living creatures.

In that respects it reminds me of both 02 (Ken) and Tamers in a way.

Really interesting stuff even if the themes have been done before, the way they are handled makes for some very interesting stuff in Cyber Sleuth. Including the way the Royal Knights are handled (spoilers for the Royal Knight stuff in Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth below):

The Royal Knights not being in total agreement with Omegamon being on our side from the start (due to his relationship with Nokia since the start of the game) and Dukemon pretty much took his side as soon as he was introduced. Compare that to Savers where they were all pretty much in agreement about what to do (apart from Kudamon's ultimate evo of course).

Interesting stuff.

I really hope this does well enough over here :D it's so good.

Only understanding some stuff, I think one of the big parts of the story is based around those who think of them as just Programs and those
(led by Nokia in particular)
who say they are real living creatures.

In that respects it reminds me of both 02 (Ken) and Tamers in a way.

Really interesting stuff even if the themes have been done before, the way they are handled makes for some very interesting stuff in Cyber Sleuth. Including the way the Royal Knights are handled (spoilers for the Royal Knight stuff in Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth below):

The Royal Knights not being in total agreement with Omegamon being on our side from the start (due to his relationship with Nokia since the start of the game) and Dukemon pretty much took his side as soon as he was introduced. Compare that to Savers where they were all pretty much in agreement about what to do (apart from Kudamon's ultimate evo of course).

Interesting stuff.

I really hope this does well enough over here :D it's so good.

Yeah, from what I gathered,
Nokia is trying to stop the abuse of the Digimon by starting her own hacker group.

It's cool how Digimon can get mileage out of retreading the same sorts of ideas, but with different perspectives. This is the fourth(?) time the Royal Knights have been a part of the plot, yet it's handled differently each time
(except LordKnightmon's always bad, hohohoho~). The knights not all just blindly following Yggdrasil is a nice change of pace. This is the first time all the Royal Knights have been shown at once, right? Since Hackmon's the last one (who looks adorable, I wish they would have put his entire line in).

I also really loved Agumon/Gabumon/Omegamon in this. Nokia's banter with them is great. "GaruruGreymon", lol. Not to mention Omegamon has an epic entrance to rival Our War Game.

It's nice to talk about Cyber Sleuth. The OT died so quickly after some others and I finished it.

Stuart444

Yeah, from what I gathered,
Nokia is trying to stop the abuse of the Digimon by starting her own hacker group.

It's cool how Digimon can get mileage out of retreading the same sorts of ideas, but with different perspectives. This is the fourth(?) time the Royal Knights have been a part of the plot, yet it's handled differently each time
(except LordKnightmon's always bad, hohohoho~). The knights not all just blindly following Yggdrasil is a nice change of pace. This is the first time all the Royal Knights have been shown at once, right? Since Hackmon's the last one (who looks adorable, I wish they would have put his entire line in).

I also really loved Agumon/Gabumon/Omegamon in this. Nokia's banter with them is great. "GaruruGreymon", lol. Not to mention Omegamon has an epic entrance to rival Our War Game.

It's nice to talk about Cyber Sleuth. The OT died so quickly after some others and I finished it.

Haha, yeah I love
the chemstry between Nokia and Omegamon/Agumon/Gabumon

And yeah I think this is the first time ALL the Royal Knights have been shown though Hackmon was in Adventure PSP in the bonus dungeon (along with Gankoomon) but not his evolution which is the true Royal Knight.

Yeah the OT died rather quickly even after I advertised it a little after it was announced for the west. But hey, at least we have the community thread for all things Digimon!

Also I just HAD to take this screenshot (not a big spoiler but just incase...)

ofisOAE.jpg

I don't believe so, not in the anime at least.

Yeah, don't think so either.

Stuart444

I knew we would get a scene like that, lol. It is now my head canon that that's how all jogresses go down. :p

Hahahaha.

It was so funny though.

Also I am near the end of Chapter 19, doing all the requests and the DLC requests now. Tomorrow I should hopefully beat it. Might also try for the Platinum Trophy.

Also that Tokyo Gov building dungeon is INSANE EXP wise with 2 Plat Sukamons and 1 Digimon (Saint/MegaGargomon in my case) with the EXP USB item.

And then the bosses near the end, one gave over 100k EXP while the other gave over 80k EXP.

Watching a Digimon jump from level 1 - 30/40ish was hilarious.

Hahahaha.

It was so funny though.

Also I am near the end of Chapter 19, doing all the requests and the DLC requests now. Tomorrow I should hopefully beat it. Might also try for the Platinum Trophy.

Also that Tokyo Gov building dungeon is INSANE EXP wise with 2 Plat Sukamons and 1 Digimon (Saint/MegaGargomon in my case) with the EXP USB item.

And then the bosses near the end, one gave over 100k EXP while the other gave over 80k EXP.

Yeah, that area is really convenient for grinding up levels on. I made good use of it when I was trying to get some of my other Digimon leveled up quickly (it made getting Rapidmon (Armor) and Magnamon a lot less time consuming).

The end of the game is probably the most fun time since all of those late game side quests and the DLC fights are much harder than anything else in the game (by a lot). Those are definitely some of my best memories from the game. I felt like a champ after a few of those fights (and also came close to throwing my Vita against the wall a couple of times).

A reminder that we should be getting PV03 tomorrow/today after the Adventure 02 marathon. It starts at 7 pm JST and will be the first 12 episodes.

Hahahaha.

It was so funny though.

I leveled up a ton of Digimon in that building with PlatinumNumemon. Considering it's towards the endgame, it's nice they give you a place to level up your Digimon quickly.

It's also a good place to "get gud" for the DLC side quests. I was not expecting those to be as tough as they were.

Yeah, that area is really convenient for grinding up levels on. I made good use of it when I was trying to get some of my other Digimon leveled up quickly (it made getting Rapidmon (Armor) and Magnamon a lot less time consuming).

The end of the game is probably the most fun time since all of those late game side quests and the DLC fights are much harder than anything else in the game (by a lot). Those are definitely some of my best memories from the game. I felt like a champ after a few of those fights (and also came close to throwing my Vita against the wall a couple of times).

When I defeated (DLC boss)
Lucemon
with just my Craniummon
using his "block all hits" power
, I was the happiest person alive. The rest of the game needed memorable boss fights like that.

Stuart444

A reminder that we should be getting PV03 tomorrow/today after the Adventure 02 marathon. It starts at 7 pm JST and will be the first 12 episodes.

I leveled up a ton of Digimon in that building with PlatinumNumemon. Considering it's towards the endgame, it's nice they give you a place to level up your Digimon quickly.

It's also a good place to "get gud" for the DLC side quests. I was not expecting those to be as tough as they were.

When I defeated (DLC boss)
Lucemon
with just my Craniummon
using his "block all hits" power
, I was the happiest person alive. The rest of the game needed memorable boss fights like that.

Darn, I was just about to post about the PV/02 Marathon (VPN needed but someone will have it up like always after the PV has been shown)

And yeah, I am on the quest that unlocks the
Royal Knights
quests. And then
Demon Lords!

Enjoying it so much. I also have a feeling I'll be doing a lot of leveling stuff. Both for the quests and because I want some of the Royal Knights/Armour Evolutions/etc

Just sucks that until I do one of the quests, I can't get Omegamon Zwart since the stats are ready.

Also on that note. BlackWarGreymon and his BraveTornado feels fucking overpowered. I killed several Data-types in 1 - 2 hits with that.

Anyway PV soon :D

Darn, I was just about to post about the PV/02 Marathon (VPN needed but someone will have it up like always after the PV has been shown)

Royal Knights
quests. And then
Demon Lords!

Enjoying it so much. I also have a feeling I'll be doing a lot of leveling stuff. Both for the quests and because I want some of the Royal Knights/Armour Evolutions/etc

Just sucks that until I do one of the quests, I can't get Omegamon Zwart since the stats are ready.

Also on that note. BlackWarGreymon and his BraveTornado feels fucking overpowered. I killed several Data-types in 1 - 2 hits with that.

I don't think I'll be home in time for the PV. I expect you all to be super excited in my place.

And it does suck that they lock you out of the Royal Knight evolutions til that late in the game. I get why they did, but a lot of my team had them (or their "evil" version) as their next form. My poor, poor Knightmon waited for so long.

Royal Knights
quests. And then
Demon Lords!

Yeah, BlackWarGreymon was crazy overpowered. With using the skill to double the damage of the next attack he could annihilate a lot of enemies. I made a lot of use of him late in the game.

Lucemon was pretty powerful, too. It's certainly funny to have a child level Digimon just destroying much higher leveled ones (although of course, Lucemon is pretty special).

I don't think I'll be home in time for the PV. I expect you all to be super excited in my place.

And it does suck that they lock you out of the Royal Knight evolutions til that late in the game. I get why they did, but a lot of my team had them (or their "evil" version) as their next form. My poor, poor Knightmon waited for so long.

Yeah, after I first evolved a Knightmon I looked at that and was like "well, I don't need this guy for a while". There were a lot of Digimon I kept devolving and then evolving to someone else because they were stuck waiting for me to unlock the Royal Knights.

Yeah, BlackWarGreymon was crazy overpowered. With using the skill to double the damage of the next attack he could annihilate a lot of enemies. I made a lot of use of him late in the game.

Lucemon was pretty powerful, too. It's certainly funny to have a child level Digimon just destroying much higher leveled ones (although of course, Lucemon is pretty special).

The worst part about Lucemon is that
I didn't remember he had other forms. I kept "defeating" him and he'd just switch to the next one. When he went into his final form (Satan Mode?), I was cursing myself for forgetting the end of Frontier.

The worst part about Lucemon is that
I didn't remember he had other forms. I kept "defeating" him and he'd just switch to the next one. When he went into his final form (Satan Mode?), I was cursing myself for forgetting the end of Frontier.

I remembered, but when I got to the end of the Falldown Mode fight I was just saying "Please no Satan Mode, Please no Satan Mode". And then seeing Satan Mode pop up, I thought I was dead for sure. But when I saw how he was just losing HP every turn, I somehow managed to just survive long enough to win.

I remembered, but when I got to the end of the Falldown Mode fight I was just saying "Please no Satan Mode, Please no Satan Mode". And then seeing Satan Mode pop up, I thought I was dead for sure. But when I saw how he was just losing HP every turn, I somehow managed to just survive long enough to win.

Yeah, once you get past Falldown Mode you're pretty much in the clear. I just tanked with Craniummon until he pretty much killed himself. I used the same technique on Imperialdramon PM whose Omega Blade was ridiculous, but once you pass it, he does nothing but wait for you to kill him.

Good times, haha.

Stuart444

edit: PV translation for the first one: http://great-blaster.tumblr.com/post/129572951875/yamato-taichi-have-you-forgotten-about-what

Hype trailer!

I understood most of it, was mimi teasing izzy :eek:? Seems the teacher knows a lot about what's going on.

Yeah, the teacher bit made me curious. How does he know when many others don't seem to know about the chosen

edit: also new thread for new news:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1115056

Someone teasing Tk about some girls he probably meant

I think it was Hikari. They go to the same school so it makes sense.

Seeing Izzy Blush is hilarious though.

Stuart444

First one will be 80 mins. Dunno if the rest will be.

I don't think that's been confirmed by anyone official? I think it was only on the Amazon listing? (Correct me if I'm wrong)

But I hope it's at least 80 mins, good length imo for reintroductions + to get the plot started.

Semi-important teacher man is gaining importance. Do you think he and mysterious lady are secret government agents or something, trying to track the Chosen Children down?

I don't think that's been confirmed by anyone official? I think it was only on the Amazon listing? (Correct me if I'm wrong)

But I hope it's at least 80 mins, good length imo for reintroductions + to get the plot started.

it's mentioned on toei online shop listing as well

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
ANN has some good news about the release at least:

The series will now be a 6-part film project, with the first film titled "Saikai" (Reunion) starting a limited three-week engagement in 10 theaters in Japan on November 21. The Blu-ray Disc for the first part will initially go on sale at the theaters on November 21, and iTunes will also sell the first part on the same day. The retail Blu-ray and DVD releases will follow on December 18.

(Hopefully subbers will be at theaters and pick it up in Nov/get off iTunes to work on it right away >_>)

Stuart444

it's mentioned on toei online shop listing as well

Ah, good.

ANN has some good news about the release at least:

(Hopefully subbers will be at theaters and pick it up in Nov/get off iTunes to work on it right away >_>)

All known info, I even posted a bit about it above with the BDs at cinemas lol. I gotta admit, I'd be tempted to get it off iTunes but I'm betting the price will be high until the official DVD/BD release :( (plus I'm trying to save money for my Japan trip next year, buying stuff off iTunes does not help things haha)

Semi-important teacher man is gaining importance. Do you think he and mysterious lady are secret government agents or something, trying to track the Chosen Children down?

Gov agents I'm thinking. They could also become antagonists if they begin to see Digimon as a threat that needs to be eliminated. I doubt the chosen would stand by for that.

also posting what I said from the other thread:

I wonder if the Royal Knights will be mentioned. They weren't really made until later but since the main fight is two Royal Knights (Omegamon and Alphamon), I wonder if they will make the RKs part of the Adventure Universe.

If not... well I wonder if we'll at least see the Harmonious ones (aka the Sovereigns). Would be nice to see ones besides the Dragon that we saw in 02

Stuart444

Sounds familiar.

I actually loved this character a lot in Tamers.

Yeah, was the first thing I thought of but I'd love to see how the adventure universe handles it considering everything that's happened with Digimon and the real world in that universe.

Gov agents I'm thinking. They could also become antagonists if they begin to see Digimon as a threat that needs to be eliminated. I doubt the chosen would stand by for that.

also posting what I said from the other thread:

Sounds familiar.

I actually loved this character a lot in Tamers.

Taking ideas from Tamers is almost always a good thing. Government involvement makes complete sense and could provide for an interesting dynamic. I wonder how much they would know. If teacher dude calls them Chosen Children, he would have to know a lot, right?

As for the Royal Knights, I think Alphamon vs. Omegamon is all we're going to get there. Maybe Hackmon/Jesmon, since he's the new kid on the block.

Stuart444

I love that in Cyber Sleuth, we have Imperialdramon: Dragon Mode with the ability to mode change into Fighter Mode.

Still sad that they never included Burst Mode of the Savers Digimon :(. If they did, I'd have ShineGreymon BM and MirageGaogamon BM now.

Top Bottom