• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Direct Feed MGS3 trailer...

neptunes

hmmm2.jpg

:D

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The guard who was sick when you were imprisoned in Metal Gear Solid, his name is Johnny Sasaki. It seems like the guard in the MGS3 trailer is the father of that guard, who's same name is also Johnny. "A whole clan of Johnnies." They've been in every MGS game

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Wario64 said:
The guard who was sick when you were imprisoned in Metal Gear Solid, his name is Johnny Sasaki. It seems like the guard in the MGS3 trailer is the father of that guard, who's same name is also Johnny. "A whole clan of Johnnies." They've been in every MGS game

:lol Never thought of that, Kojima is the funny!

Kudie

Kiriku said:
:lol Never thought of that, Kojima is the funny!

Yeah, Kojima really has a good sense of humor and he imparts it in his games. Remember the exchange between Sasaki and Emma in MGS2 when Raiden has to help her get across the lower part of the struts by sniping the guards. Likewise, remember the scene where the Pres. grabs Raiden's crotch and confirms that Raiden is actually a guy, etc.

I hope KCEJ would release a firm release date for the game and hope that there is a pre-order special done at EB/Gamestop where you can get a making of DVD as with Halo 2 and AC5.

Kudie

The one thing I hope Kojima does not put in MGS3 is the gameplay moment, often encountered toward the latter half of the game, in which the player must hyperactively button-mash in order to keep the oxygen gauge filled, or face a game-over and another attempt at it.

EekTheKat

Akio Otsuka is much better at expressing pain than David Hayter. His screams when Snake gets hurt is cringe inducing when you hear it

Comparing the english version of that story trailer before this one to the Japanese one, Otsuka is just so much better than Hayter for Snake

Dujour

Banned
Hayter's best work was in the first MGS because he didn't know how good he was and it seemed more natural. He's tries a little too hard now. He just sounds awful in Twin Snakes. Everyone seems like they're asleep reading the script. Natural does not equal dead. Akio also did Spawn's voicework in Soul Calibur II.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Kudie said:
The one thing I hope Kojima does not put in MGS3 is the gameplay moment, often encountered toward the latter half of the game, in which the player must hyperactively button-mash in order to keep the oxygen gauge filled, or face a game-over and another attempt at it.

I have a feeling something like that will show up. :p It would likely be more traditional torture, though...

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
EekTheKat said:
Akio Otsuka is much better at expressing pain than David Hayter. His screams when Snake gets hurt is cringe inducing when you hear it

Comparing the english version of that story trailer before this one to the Japanese one, Otsuka is just so much better than Hayter for Snake

I disagree, but still I am not the one who will watch something in Japanese even though I do not know what they are saying (not that you do that, you prolly know Japanese very well).

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I disagree, but still I am not the one who will watch something in Japanese even though I do not know what they are saying (not that you do that, you prolly know Japanese very well).
I agree. Plus, it really feels weird to listen people who are obviously caucasian and also American and Russian nationality, speaking Japanese, even more so when 15% of their words sound like pure engrish, like when they say their names - ("Sunaku!" "Sorrowu" "Je-End") or pronounce some other, obviously English words. It just sounds funny, in a bad, unintentional way. To me, the Russian characters not speaking Russian, and having no perceptible Russian accent, is much less of a jarring problem.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
So i guess SSX was right after all about it being Big Boss all along.. A bit off topic but i was listening to itunes at work when the MGS2 theme came on, damn thing always gives me goosebumps. The MGS2 trailer is the best ever!

Also looking at these screenshots makes me hate konami so much...Im over here at work texturing some models and boy do they make me look bad. They are using half the polys and lower rez textures and my shit looks so weak. Bagh...

Solid

Eurogamer at TGS.
Hideo Kojima has become internationally famous in recent years and he was good enough to grace the Tokyo Game Show with an appearance in video form. Quite what he was saying we're not entirely sure, but it was probably something like "Metal Gear Solid 3 is Solid Snake's best game yet!" And he's dead right. Playable at the show, Snake Eater was charming. The interaction between Snake and his environment is incredibly natural. When he falls, a human falls. When he runs, he runs like no game character. A trailer spoke of Snake's "sorrow" and also showed a romantic scene. If Kojima-san moves any further in this direction, Hollywood will come knocking at his door. Snake Eater should be an impossibly huge hit.
Great! :D

maskrider

I don't know anything about the history of MGS, I hope you guys don't mind me asking a stupid question.

In the TGS trailer, "The boss" seems to be the one who raised Snake and taught him the skills and tecnhiques, and they are in the same unit for 10 years. Is there any explicit mentioning of their relationship in the MGS series and what is that ?

jett

D-Member
You have to remember that this is not the regular Snake, this is actually Big Boss, Solid Snake's biological father. There's not much information about Big Boss on any Metal Gear game.

ManaByte

Gold Member
maskrider said:
I don't know anything about the history of MGS, I hope you guys don't mind me asking a stupid question.

In the TGS trailer, "The boss" seems to be the one who raised Snake and taught him the skills and tecnhiques, and they are in the same unit for 10 years. Is there any explicit mentioning of their relationship in the MGS series and what is that ?

As Jett said, this is Big Boss. Snake and Liquid are clones from Big Boss.

maskrider

jett said:
You have to remember that this is not the regular Snake, this is actually Big Boss, Solid Snake's biological father. There's not much information about Big Boss on any Metal Gear game.

Oops ! I have incorrectly used the name "Snake". :)

So those mud sections have sink pits, or did something just pull him down early in that video? The new codec sequence definetly looks awesome with how Snake blends into the background. It also looks like Snake goes into a fighting stance whenever he gets spotted.

Top Bottom