• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider - New Powers, Gadgets, Gear

GavinUK86

https://bethesda.net/en/article/5pCTaNTaHCoMOyu0IO0ckw/dishonored-death-of-the-outsider-new-powers-gadgets-gear?utm_medium=bitly&utm_source=SocialMedia

Among all the playable characters in the Dishonored universe, Billie Lurk stands apart. She never ascended to the high court, like Royal Protector Corvo Attano. She wasn't born into royalty, like Empress Emily Kaldwin. Then again, the same can be said about Billie's mentor Daud, a mercenary assassin who starred in the first game's DLC. The real difference? Unlike any of the previous three playable characters, Billie Lurk isn't granted supernatural powers after being marked by the mysterious Outsider. And that makes a big difference when it comes to her new suite of abilities, gadgets and gear in the standalone game, Dishonored: Death of the Outsider.

A good look at some of Billie's arsenal. There's some really cool tools at your disposal.

cLawX0J.gif
ce4yARl.gif

She was marked by the outsider? I thought she only had her powers because of Daud's power. If she was marked, I wonder why she never received powers.

So, I'm just about to build a new pc and I want a nice game I haven't played yet to pump up to some 1440p, I was thinking about getting Dishonored 2, but should I just get this one instead?

Kazuhira

How come she has no supernatural powers? Pretty sure i saw her teleporting,stealing people's appearance,using void vision etc.

GavinUK86

So, I'm just about to build a new pc and I want a nice game I haven't played yet to pump up to some 1440p, I was thinking about getting Dishonored 2, but should I just get this one instead?

Dishonored 2 runs like arse. It wouldn't be the game I'd go to to test new hardware. This might run a little bit better because of what they've learnt since releasing D2, but it's still the same engine.

Just get D2 if you haven't played it yet though. It's amazing.

GavinUK86

She was marked by the outsider? I thought she only had her powers because of Daud's power. If she was marked, I wonder why she never received powers.

I believe she's using artifacts instead of powers directly from the Outsider.

The phrasing in that sentence is weird, she was not marked by the outsider and thus derives power from artifacts instead.

Yeah. I think they mean "marked" as in he chose her to communicate with but she didn't accept any of his power, like you can choose to do in Dishonored 2. The sword she has is the one that made him the Outsider in the first place. Her eye is from a being before the current Outsider.

Sotha_Sil

Can't wait for this one, though it might be the last we see of Dishonored for a while. I'm still surprised Beth Soft is about to drop 3 games in two months with heavy competition.

Iscariot

Can't wait for this one, though it might be the last we see of Dishonored for a while. I'm still surprised Beth Soft is about to drop 3 games in two months with heavy competition.

I surely fucking hope not. :(

Dishonored 2 was easily one of the best games that came out last year. It deserves to keep going as long as the devs have love for it.

Not watching besides those gifs.
Words to live by. I've been doing a media blackout for this and am so hyped it comes out in a week. Rarely to beat a game twice in a row, but I did for Dishonored 2, I was so enamored by it. I wouldn't trying a no powers run, either. I can't think of a single flaw to the game and I am hopeful the expansion follows in D2's path.

So down for this.

Still working my way through Dishonored 2 though, and only just completed the Clockwork Mansion level last night.

But man was the first Dishonored's DLC great, so I'm in.

Arkane's ability to give you equipment/powers with such intense chemistry (and such great interaction with the AI), and on top of that to put together multiple different characters with wildly different approaches to the gameplay, still impresses me so much.

I think the bone charm crafting stuff could use some tweaking as that wasn't as polished or impactful, but seeing a *third* well-differentiated power set (and these crazy magnet bombs or whatever you call them) makes me want a Dishonored 3 so badly.

Arkane's ability to give you equipment/powers with such intense chemistry (and such great interaction with the AI), and on top of that to put together multiple different characters with wildly different approaches to the gameplay, still impresses me so much.

I think the bone charm crafting stuff could use some tweaking as that wasn't as polished or impactful, but seeing a *third* well-differentiated power set (and these crazy magnet bombs or whatever you call them) makes me want a Dishonored 3 so badly.

The fact that they've made 3 different ways to basically is pretty damn impressive.

KonradLaw

I haven't been following it enough and only in recent batch of previews did I realise Daud won't be playable. Shame :( Loved the dude in DLCs to first game and I really enjoyed how much replay value two protags provided in D2

Was the performance of Dishonored 2 on pc ever fixed? Would be nice if they released a proper patch to go along with this dlc.

My most anticipated fall game. Can't wait to play it so not consuming anymore media for jt

Probably been answered but it's a small detail. She's not marked by the outsider, but she can tap directly into the void. So she has all of her powers off the bat and doesn't need elixers or Mana for her powers.

Kind of a subtle thing but consistent with the lore. Hence why Dauds assassin's all seemingly had powers but those marked by the outsider is a much smaller number.

Will this be a standalone download or will it be all of Dishonored 2 you gotta download? Just wondering for file size.

Stand alone. Unsure how that affects file size.

TitusTroy

I thought the game came out today...these Friday releases always throw me off because I'm so used to the usual Tuesday new game releases (USA)

Kind of a subtle thing but consistent with the lore. Hence why Dauds assassin's all seemingly had powers but those marked by the outsider is a much smaller number.

Isn't it a power that Daud has? Basically he serves as a well of void for his people to siphon off from. They themselves aren't marked but they can use similar abilities.

I thought the game came out today...these Friday releases always throw me off because I'm so used to the usual Tuesday new game releases (USA)
Ditto. I, too, was thrown off, but Friday releases are so much better. I'd rather have two unfettered days of playing after a release than two days split up by work.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Look guys its Arkane, you dont need to convince me.

Dishonored 2 is one of my most memorable game of 2016. Playing through Prey now and its a strong GotY contender.

Im in for this and whatever Arkane does next. One of my favourite studio around.

Isn't it a power that Daud has? Basically he serves as a well of void for his people to siphon off from. They themselves aren't marked but they can use similar abilities.

Daud is marked by the outsider, but his gang isn't, though he has passed the powers onto his gang members who -- according to interviews with arkane -- "can tap into the void directly," whatever that means lore wise.

Otherwise I believe there's only 8 people in the two games/dlc who have been marked.

Top Bottom