• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney announces Phineas and Ferb for Wii and PS3. Developed by High Impact Games.

Click boxes for full-res version.

(It's also DS-bound, but the developer is unknown)

http://www.highimpactgames.com/news.html

High Impact Games said:
PHINEAS & FERB Wii/PS3!

Disney announced it today finally!

Yes, we've been developing the Wii and PS3 of Phineas and Ferb: Across the Second Dimension quite some time. We are very fortunate to work on such a great IP and we've been having a lot of fun developing them.

Click images for full-res versions:

PR:

http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...ctive-Studios-Fans-Dimension-Upcoming-Phineas

More info:

Inspired by the upcoming Disney Channel Original Movie, Phineas and Ferb: Across the Second Dimension on the Wii and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system allows players to explore and conquer all new worlds in an action-packed platforming and combat game. The PS3 version will be the first time a Phineas and Ferb video game features PlayStation Move's motion controller compatible gameplay. Fans will have the ability to play as one of eight characters including Phineas, Ferb or Agent P and overcome obstacles, use wacky gadgets unique to each character to defeat enemies. In addition, players can collect items, upgrade gadgets and unlock new playable characters while navigating through 24 thrilling levels in a quest to battle the evil Dr. Doofenshmirtz and his minions to save the world.

- Play as one of 8 exciting and familiar characters from the upcoming Disney Channel Original Movie-including an all new Agent
- Master special combat moves and learn to use each character's favorite wacky gadget
- Explore and conquer 24 outrageous levels through 7 worlds of gelatin, bouncy balloons, old-school cartoons and more
- Enjoy Platypus Day and Halloween themed environments
- Participate in drop in, drop out anytime 2-player co-op play

http://www.gamestop.com/wii/games/phineas-and-ferb-across-the-second-dimension/90804

Due August 2nd for $40 on both consoles, with the DS version at $30.

So they finally announced the Wii game they were working on as was leaked a few months ago:

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/10/12/high-impact-games-next-frontier-is-developing-for-wii/

The PS3 version doesn't really surprise me, what with High Impact Games' history with Sony and all.

But um... graphically I'd have expected a lot better, considering that some of the Bionic Games team behind Spyborgs seemingly migrated back to HIG and are working on this.

The gameplay is also seemingly similar, it looks like they're reusing the fixed camera with 2P co-op engine, but with worse graphics.

Well, we'll see I guess.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
The graphics are a bit worse but the art style is quite a bit better. In motion will tell.

The gameplay seems more based around at least somewhat ranged attacks so not very Spyborgs like. Hopefully they use the pointer for aiming.

Not that I'd have faith in the game if it's really from the Spyborgs team.

Lijik

When I saw the boxart said "Across the 2nd dimension" I got excited for a 2D Phineas and Ferb platformer that looked just like the show.

The screens disappointed me greatly in that regard.

Lijik said:
When I saw the boxart said "Across the 2nd dimension" I got excited for a 2D Phineas and Ferb platformer that looked just like the show.

So did I. Still, I'll probably check it out anyway.

Aru

I don't trust High Impact Games because most of their releases were average at the best. R&C Size Matters was okay but everything was a downgrade from previous games except for the nice armor system.
Secret Agent Clank's demo was boring.
Jak & Daxter The Lost Frontier wasn't well received either.

But I'm glad they are doing something else than destroying Sony's IPs.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
The graphics look pretty neat.

Love the cartoon (Though it doesn't seem to have been on for a while and I haven't seen much advertising for it recently), but this looks really uninteresting.

Lijik

Aru said:
I don't trust High Impact Games because most of their releases were average at the best. R&C Size Matters was okay but everything was a downgrade from previous games except for the nice armor system.
Secret Agent Clank's demo was boring.
Jak & Daxter The Lost Frontier wasn't well received either.

I felt SAC was better than SM altogether (Im not sure what section the demo was) though still not as good the main entries.
The platforming sections of TLF were awesome, its too bad the game focused too much on the aerial bits which probably turned a lot of people off.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Great show, game seems to be purely developed around having fun. Will keep an eye out!

edit, ah so that's why I was reminded of R&C

pirata

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Love the cartoon (Though it doesn't seem to have been on for a while and I haven't seen much advertising for it recently), but this looks really uninteresting.

New episodes resume at the end of the month, apparently.

Takao

Banned
Awh shit, I guessed this right yesterday:

Takao said:
please be 2D platformer please be 2D platformer

lemme guess it's a three dee third person shooter/platformer with co-op

could be isometric shooter but that wouldn't see retail release

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Fularu said:
The "Only on PlayStation " label puzzles me

Yeah and they did the same thing with Top Spin 4.
51zKItOaAtL._AA300_.jpg
51yo25didNL._AA300_.jpg
51Aw0VpQd0L._AA300_.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/wii/games/phineas-and-ferb-across-the-second-dimension/90804

Game's due on August 2nd apparently, and will be $40 on both platforms.

Plus more info:

Inspired by the upcoming Disney Channel Original Movie, Phineas and Ferb: Across the Second Dimension on the Wii and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system allows players to explore and conquer all new worlds in an action-packed platforming and combat game. The PS3 version will be the first time a Phineas and Ferb video game features PlayStation Move's motion controller compatible gameplay. Fans will have the ability to play as one of eight characters including Phineas, Ferb or Agent P and overcome obstacles, use wacky gadgets unique to each character to defeat enemies. In addition, players can collect items, upgrade gadgets and unlock new playable characters while navigating through 24 thrilling levels in a quest to battle the evil Dr. Doofenshmirtz and his minions to save the world.

- Play as one of 8 exciting and familiar characters from the upcoming Disney Channel Original Movie-including an all new Agent
- Master special combat moves and learn to use each character's favorite wacky gadget
- Explore and conquer 24 outrageous levels through 7 worlds of gelatin, bouncy balloons, old-school cartoons and more
- Enjoy Platypus Day and Halloween themed environments
- Participate in drop in, drop out anytime 2-player co-op play

Updated OP.

Top Bottom