• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Magical World |OT| I'll trade you an Aladdin for your Spookledy-Boo

Kinsei

Banned
pY45Atf.jpg

Developer: h.a.n.d Inc
Publisher: Nintendo
Platform: 3DS, 3DS XL, and 2DS
Genre Life Sim/Dungeon Crawler
Players: 1, but you can visit your friends cafes.
Save Files: 1
Release Date(s): NA: April 11 2014. Sorry EU and AUS, there is no release date for you yet.
ESRB Rating: E for everyone

Gameplay Mechanics

The Cafe: Once you get far enough into the tutorial, you'll open up your own cafe. You get to customize bith the Cafe itself and your manager and waiter/waitress. You buy recipes to make food to sell at the Cafe in order to make money. Once you get far enough, you'll gain the ability to throw parties at the cafe. When you throw a party depending on how the cafe is decorated, what food you are serving, and what you, your manager, and your waiter/waitress is wearing, Disney characters might show up. For example, if you have an Alice in Woderland themed party there is a high possibility that one or more of the Alice characters in the game will show up. After the party you can take your picture with the Disney characters who showed up. A single party can net you up to $30k.

Combat: Every area in the game, except 100-Acre Wood has combat quests. Once you get far enough into the tutorial, you'll meet up with Yen SId and he'll give you a magic wand, and a recipe for adventure clothes. In combat you have two attacks. A regular shot that can be charged up, and a special attack. You can get more combat equipment throughout the game.

Collectable Trading Cards: You can collect cards in one of three ways. The first is to talk to Disney characters that have a card icon above their head, this will get you a card from the theme(s) that character is a part of. For example, if you talk to Belle from Beauty and the Beast you could get a card from Beauty and the Beast set or a card from the Disney Princess set. The second way is through streetpass, and multiplayer. People you've streetpassed with or played multiplayer with will show up in Castleton, and you will get a card from them. The third way is through trading. If you get any duplicates you can trade them to the king's assistant. For every three cards you trade in, you'll get a new one. You can't trade any cards that you only have one of.

Multiplayer While playing locally you can have a friend come and visit your cafe, while there your friend can give you gifts. After someone has visited your cafe they will appear in Castleton and give you a trading card. You can also visit each others cafes Online, but you can't give gifts while doing so.

DLC Here is a list of the current DLC according to the official website. This section will be updated as new DLC is released. Images for the currently released DLC can be found at the official website
Casual Easter Outfit: Free
Casual Pooh Shirt: Free
Shiny Mickey Headband: Free
Mickey Egg and Minnie Egg: Free
Genie Wand: $1
Dreamfruit Wand: $1
Striped Tail Wand: $1
Easter Seasonal Set: $1
Sleeping Beauty Cafe Set: $2
Pirates World Set: $4

AR cards Click here and here for all of the currently released AR card items. The Japanese AR cards work in the NA copies of the game.

Reviews: Review Thread

Media
NA reveal trailer
Features trailer
TV commercial #1
TV commercial #2
Launch trailer
First 40 minutes of gameplay

Images
P15962090.jpg

image-htp-screenshot-photos1.jpg

image-htp-screenshot-intro1.jpg

image-htp-screenshot-quests2.jpg

image-htp-screenshot-cafe4.jpg

image-htp-screenshot-cafe3.jpg

image-htp-screenshot-quests3.jpg

image-htp-screenshot-clothing3.jpg

image-htp-screenshot-crops1.jpg

Koppai

Sorry for the shit OT. I just threw it together when I realized no one else was making one.

It's okay, you can edit it over time :)

Try putting the boxart or logo, and the Mickey XL.

Also add screenshots, embedded youtube video, show some DLC, pricing, etc.

Not trying to dictate anything, but a good explanation does wonders :)

Megatron

I still don't understand what this is. Is this a retail release? F2p game? What's the difference between the 3ds and ds version aside from no street pass? Do the cards do anything for you? How do you/can you trade them?

Chairhome

I still don't understand what this is. Is this a retail release? F2p game? What's the difference between the 3ds and ds version aside from no street pass? Do the cards do anything for you? How do you/can you trade them?

Retail and digital, there is no ds version, the cards unlock outfits, trade via streetpass or online multiplayer (if you register them as a friend)

maxcriden

A gameplay summary of what the game is might be a good idea, too. Thanks for putting together the OT, BTW, Kinsei!

Kinsei

Banned

Thanks for the suggestions. My first edit is almost done. It contains all of the current DLC, according to the official website. I don't have the game yet so I can't check to see if there is more available. A link to the first 30 minutes of gameplay, it's the Japanese version, but it should still be a good resource for people who aren't quite sure what the game is. And some screenshots from the official website.

I'm going to start compiling infor on the card system for my second edit.

This game is awesome so far. I actually like it better than Animal Crossing because you aren't forced to play the damn thing 24/7. The only thing that bothers me is how certain characters don't have any voice overs. Come on Disney, you can do better than that. I mean, they even managed to get Alan Young to reprise his role as Scrooge McDuck for DuckTales Remastered.

pariah164

The Japanese AR cards have some things the US AR cards don't, and vice versa.

Also, be sure to visit random cafes over the net; you get free items just for dropping by and giving them likes.

I need that PotC DLC in my life. Same with the yukatas. GIVE US IT DISNEY.

starmud

planning to pick this up for a few bucks with giftcards from work. hopefully worth it.

my work actually sold out which means having to travel to a target not in my area .___. we had 10 copies displayed before street date hit. im shocked that many even sold in a day. maybe coming out with the themed 3DS's wasn't a bad idea after all...

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Just got done with the prologue and damn does the game open up so much.
I was worried about the framerate when I first stepped into the game, but it's not killing the experience for me.

Rocky

Banned
I'm really enjoying the game as well. Still in the prologue lol. If anyone in the NYC area is interested, Nintendo World is doing a launch event for the game this afternoon. G Hannelius, the girl from Dog with a Blog on Disney Channel will be appearing at the event.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Finally picked up the game and a Mickey 3DS XL. I'll just return the one I ordered. Wife is going to start playing after dinner. Hopefully the game is as fun as I'm envisioning it.

sakipon

Does this have Stitch in it? Website doesn't show a full list of characters, or atleast the mobile website doesn't.

Looks pretty cool. I wonder when/if it will be released in Europe...
The region lock is the worst thing about the 3DS and Nintendo should not be forgiven for it

Kinsei

Banned
It seems that the ingame photos aren't saved on the SD card, that sucks, I guess I'll have to hit the home button as soon as the picture is taken to upload to Miiverse.

When do you unlock the 100 Acre Wood and Wonderland? I need items from them for some favors and a customer request.

pariah164

It seems that the ingame photos aren't saved on the SD card, that sucks, I guess I'll have to hit the home button as soon as the picture is taken to upload to Miiverse.

When do you unlock the 100 Acre Wood and Wonderland? I need items from them for some favors and a customer request.
I can't remember the sticker count for them; all I know is they appear when Alice and Pooh pop up.

Yeah, the RNG in this game is a bitch. I had to go through Cinderella's thing four times just to snag a dove feather.

I'm at 34 stickers and seem to be stuck there. Trying to get the second level Aladdin wand.

SmithnCo

Ahhhh, I hate when these quests require so much RNG for items or whatever.

I don't like the items that require townsperson rewards to craft, no idea when I'll get them and the townspeople only give a few quests in a day it seems. Luckily there's not too many of those so far.

Kinsei

Banned
Ah man, I am loving this game so far. I just unlocked Agrabah, and everything has been great.

I really want to make the Donald dress, it looks adorable.

Kinsei

Banned
The later stages of Agrabah were Hell for me.
Or maybe my weapon and clothes just suck.

The combat starts to get tough? Cool. So far I've just been mashing A and occasionally hitting R to dodge. The only time I use magic is when I get those infinite magic songs.

Top Bottom