• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Magical World |OT| I'll trade you an Aladdin for your Spookledy-Boo

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Oh, so I leave the plants alone, thanks.
And wow, things even actually get a little more fun once you hit 75 stickers since one of the drags of collecting are destroyed.

Kinsei

Banned
Have you all been giving out likes to the cafes you visit online? Every 3 cafes you like gets you new clothes.

I'm only at 56. :T Trying to hold parties to earn both stickers and gold.

We're pretty close together. I'm currently at 58 stickers. I got lucky and my 12th fish was also 100cm.

I'm going take a break from stickers and quests to work on leveling up my cafe.

SmithnCo

Have you all been giving out likes to the cafes you visit online? Every 3 cafes you like gets you new clothes.

Yeah, good way to get a couple ace ensemble stickers. I think I got all the clothes I can get from it but it's still good to upload the cafe to get visitors to give you likes and cards though.

Kinsei

Banned
Yeah, good way to get a couple ace ensemble stickers. I think I got all the clothes I can get from it but it's still good to upload the cafe to get visitors to give you likes and cards though.

Do you have to stay in the online menu to allow people to visit your cafe? So far I've had no visitors.

I just got the game; It looks great, but there seems to be a weird glitch happening. I've imported my male Mii, but the game seems to recognize him as a female and vise versa. It'll say male in the profile creation screen, but the actions and clothing are geared more towards the opposite sex. The complete opposite happens when I import a female Mii. Anyone have this issue?

pariah164

I just got the game; It looks great, but there seems to be a weird glitch happening. I've imported my male Mii, but the game seems to recognize him as a female and vise versa. It'll say male in the profile creation screen, but the actions and clothing are geared more towards the opposite sex. The complete opposite happens when I import a female Mii. Anyone have this issue?
I made a new character, so this issue doesn't apply probably, but I get equal male and female items in the store and such.

HawthorneKitty

Yeah, I wonder if I've visited another GAFer's cafe...

SmithnCo

Do you have to stay in the online menu to allow people to visit your cafe? So far I've had no visitors.

I don't think so, you can try checking the mirror in your top room and see if you have any visitors waiting. The balloon ship will sometimes drop some off too.

Kinsei

Banned
I guess the Easter table ornament must also count as decorations. I threw a Snow White party, but the RNG screwed me over and chose the Easter party. I really hope the Agrabah merchant is selling milk tomorrow morning so I can finally upgrade my cafe.

So far the Agrabah merchant is the only thing I don't like about the game. If he had a full stock that rotated every half day like McDucks it wouldn't be so bad, but he only has 1 item every half day. I'm still waiting to buy some bridal veils to finish my Easter bunny suit, and the third set of Agrabah quest clothes.

SickBoy

I asked in the review thread, which promptly died, but how many players can use the same cart? A key question in our household.

pariah164

Party gauge needs to fill up faster. Need dat new Agrabah uniform. Have the materials, lack the cash.

Hit 61 Stickers though, so that's something.

And on top of all that, just saw the level 5 Wonderland uniform...

CdvCxig.jpg

Seriously Shibata let me buy the game. I'll even pay a tenner for Frozen DLC if it has Elsa's coronation outfit for me to wear in the game. I just want to give you money.

Kinsei

Banned
I've reached 62 stickers! I got lucky and got both of the ones from the chamberlain this morning.

I still need stuff from the Agrabah merchants. Damn it, let me give you my coins.

pariah164

I've reached 62 stickers! I got lucky and got both of the ones from the chamberlain this morning.

I still need stuff from the Agrabah merchants. Damn it, let me give you my coins.
Same here. I need Bridal Veils.But now, I finally have enough coins to at least snag the level 4 Agrabah uniform.

Good god, I spent 4 hours last night on this game without realizing it. All worlds are open now, and I'm working towards my first party at my cafe. I have 27 stickers so far. There's so much to do AND the dungeons are actually getting a little challenging.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
My wife has some questions. She has 18 stickers at the moment...This is coming from someone knowing NOTHING about what's going on.

She needs a polka dot seed and a tomato. She also needs a proper rod. Any tips on what she needs to do?

Also, she says she has no idea how to get more stickers (or honey). Any direction?

SmithnCo

My wife has some questions. She has 18 stickers at the moment...This is coming from someone knowing NOTHING about what's going on.

She needs a polka dot seed and a tomato. She also needs a proper rod. Any tips on what she needs to do?

Also, she says she has no idea how to get more stickers (or honey). Any direction?

For honey, keep doing the quests in Pooh's world, it will eventually explain how to plant flowers and get honey from the trees while bees are in your farm. For the rods wait until Donald offers them, then you can build it with certain ingredients.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
For honey, keep doing the quests in Pooh's world, it will eventually explain how to plant flowers and get honey from the trees while bees are in your farm. For the rods wait until Donald offers them, then you can build it with certain ingredients.

Rad, thanks. She's making more progress now. We also got all the AR stuff from the US and JP site, got all the free US DLC, and bought the Cinderella stuff (she said she needed it...I couldn't really say no). The $1 Easter stuff looks kind of dumb and she didn't want it, so we skipped that.

New question!

How do you get an upstairs to your cafe?

Kinsei

Banned
I've finished every quest in the 100 Acre Wood. I was expecting some kind of reward for it, like a special outfit recipe but you get nothing.

HawthorneKitty, do you have any Goofy decorations and recipes for your cafe yet? You're the farthest person in this thread so I figured I'd ask. I really want the first secret wand but I need a Goofy medal.

HawthorneKitty

I've finished every quest in the 100 Acre Wood. I was expecting some kind of reward for it, like a special outfit recipe but you get nothing.

HawthorneKitty, do you have any Goofy decorations and recipes for your cafe yet? You're the farthest person in this thread so I figured I'd ask. I really want the first secret wand but I need a Goofy medal.
Negative; currently sitting at 88 stickers. Is there a surefire way to get the medal? I've kept trying to get the Cinderella one with an 8 combo + 1 exclamation mark with no avail. I'm going to kill someone if you need all exclamation marks.

Kinsei

Banned
Negative; currently sitting at 88 stickers. Is there a surefire way to get the medal? I've kept trying to get the Cinderella one with an 8 combo + 1 exclamation mark with no avail. I'm going to kill someone if you need all exclamation marks.

To get the medals you need to have an 8 combo in that theme and get that characters secret theme (The exclamation mark) and hope that the character is the one who shows up. If you're going for the Cinderella medal and Prince Charming shows up you have to try again.

HawthorneKitty

To get the medals you need to have an 8 combo in that theme and get that characters secret theme (The exclamation mark) and hope that the character is the one who shows up. If you're going for the Cinderella medal and Prince Charming shows up you have to try again.
Hmmmm I'll keep trying I guess, thanks.

starmud

this is officially a solid buy for 30 bucks >____> been playing for sometime and finally got around to throwing my first party. they balanced a ton of mini game/genres together pretty damn well...

the framerate/loading time talk made me a bit weary but once you get settled to the wait, it dosent feel like its too much of a distraction while playing.

also, the DLC feels cheap enough to buy in. $1 - $2 is fair enough, especially given the lower price tag on the title and how much play value it can deliver.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Speaking of DLC, is the only way to keep tabs on what's available to just check the JP and US site regularly? In terms of AR stuff I mean....And I guess when they distribute gifts.

SmithnCo

Is there a decent way to get the easter recipes/items? I still need to floor and the counter and want to get them before they stop showing up.

Kinsei

Banned
Is there a decent way to get the easter recipes/items? I still need to floor and the counter and want to get them before they stop showing up.

No, it's random. I'm pretty sure the Easter event doesn't end until June, so you still have a lot of time to get them.

pariah164

Getting real tired of trying to earn money to buy combo items... I can only go through these dungeons so many times, but I need more stickers...

TheGrue

So this game is pretty awesome? I still play Animal Crossing New Leaf every day (usually just 15 minutes) and have done so since I bought the game when it launched in the U.S. What do you guys think this has over AC, other than the Disney license?

I am really enjoying this game. I have basically just started, but I love the way the game bread-crumbs you from place to place. So rewarding.

So this game is pretty awesome? I still play Animal Crossing New Leaf every day (usually just 15 minutes) and have done so since I bought the game when it launched in the U.S. What do you guys think this has over AC, other than the Disney license?

I'm really impressed with it. I think I'm liking it more than animal crossing due to it having more variety as far as areas and things to do. I hope this game lasts for awhile.

HawthorneKitty

Looting stuff... and a more prevalent sense of collecting.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
My wife is having some issues with the monsters now. She only has the first upgrade wand with 28 stickers. Any tips I can pass on?

Top Bottom