• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga |OT| Re-release with new expansion and updates

Gvaz said:
No it's not always about the graphics. If you don't have a pc that's fine, but imo if you do there's no reason not to get the PC version instead if it's available.

Graphics on 360 are actually suprisingly good. Much better than the first version and stuff like Risen.

Just picked it up on the 360 and yes, I am very impressed by the graphics and overall presentation. I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Just played the demo, considering picking it up today.

Just curious, how big is the game world, and for the loot whores out there, how's the loot? Plenty of armor sets and what not?

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Tomat said:
Just curious, how big is the game world, and for the loot whores out there, how's the loot? Plenty of armor sets and what not?

oh yeah. there is loot.

Tomat said:

Pretty big, but I don't think it's as big as say, Two Worlds 2.

Here's a map of the world:

1741328656.jpg

I would say it would take about 10-15 minutes to run from say, Broken Valley Village to the Maxos temple, that's if you didn't run into any combat. And yes there is a lot of loot, matching armor sets and so on.

Malio

Tomat said:

There's not a lot of areas, but they are each fairly big. They're divided into neat little chunks, not much annoying back-tracking. Add in the expansion, which is included, and it's even bigger.

Lots of armor sets, with bonus' for the more pieces you have. I obtained three armor sets at various levels without really even trying, just doing lots of sub quests and killing everything I was able to kill. If you're on the fence, get it. It's ridiculous how good the game is and how much content you get for the money.

Malio said:
There's not a lot of areas, but they are each fairly big. They're divided into neat little chunks, not much annoying back-tracking. Add in the expansion, which is included, and it's even bigger.

Lots of armor sets, with bonus' for the more pieces you have. I obtained three armor sets at various levels without really even trying, just doing lots of sub quests and killing everything I was able to kill. If you're on the fence, get it. It's ridiculous how good the game is and how much content you get for the money.

Quoted for truth.

Tomat

Neat. Wish there were more skills/abilities though. Combat is a little wonky as well (360 player).

Tomat said:
Neat. Wish there were more skills/abilities though. Combat is a little wonky as well (360 player).

What class were you playing as? Hybrid mage/archer here and combat is great. Never tried warrior as I heard it's a bit gimpy compared to other classes (could be wrong)

Labadal

Infamous Chris said:
What class were you playing as? Hybrid mage/archer here and combat is great. Never tried warrior as I heard it's a bit gimpy compared to other classes (could be wrong)

I'm also a mage/archer. Did not enjoy melee combat at all. Now I'm having lots of fun.

Labadal said:
I'm also a mage/archer. Did not enjoy melee combat at all. Now I'm having lots of fun.

I also think those classes complement each other well, especially because I hardly have vit.

I also have a bow that gives me mana, intellegence and mana leech as well as some other sexy stats, and does good damage to boot in between spells.

:D

Tomat

Infamous Chris said:

In the demo I just went straight Mage. I thought you could only be one class but I guess not.

Tomat said:
In the demo I just went straight Mage. I thought you could only be one class but I guess not.
No you start off with some stuff to help you at the beginning for either melee, archery or magic, but once you get going you can focus on anything. Even all three if you wanted.

Just finished the Ego Draconis part earlier tonight.

Was not expecting that ending. I'm really glad I never played the first release, cause I think walking away on that note would have soured me completely. I gotta give it credit for having the balls to go there though.

It's funny how even in the opening cut-scenes to Flames of Vengeance, you can see the difference in quality.

Pyrrhus

The combat's a little simple for me. I'm playing as a mage-ish character. In most fights I summon a zombie and then mostly use him as a meat shield while repeatedly casting that spell with the two tracking fireballs and jumping and rolling all over the place. I wish there was a way to defend or deflect attacks that didn't involve flipping around like a jackrabbit on speed. It just isn't dignified, you see.

coopolon

Anyone ever have any luck getting any anti-aliasing to work in this game on an ATI card? The regular options do nothing but lower performance, and I'm not sure if MLAA is working or not. It definitely is effecting the FRAPS counter, but the actua in game jaggies still look...jaggy.

And this is a game that could REALLY use anti-aliasing.

koji

coopolon said:
Anyone ever have any luck getting any anti-aliasing to work in this game on an ATI card? The regular options do nothing but lower performance, and I'm not sure if MLAA is working or not. It definitely is effecting the FRAPS counter, but the actua in game jaggies still look...jaggy.

And this is a game that could REALLY use anti-aliasing.

It's a huge PITA to get it to work on whatever brand. The game is using Gamebryo, maybe try some oblivion settings or Fallout 3 settings? Not familiar with ATI cards myself but don't you guys also have one of those profile tweak programs where you can input compatibility settings? I had to use a mix of Oblivion and Stalker settings to get it to work half assed, but that was with my SLI setup.

TL;DR -> Gamebryo doesn't like AA forcing...

koji

Yeah never really got it to work that good myself either. Sure as hell fooled around long enough... :lol

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
On sale today for $10. This game is so overlooked that it is ridiculous. Certainly one of the best RPG's released in the last couple years. Alas, the hype wasn't there so not too many know about it. Questing, voice acting, itemization, combat, level system, extra activities etc, this game excels in most aspects.

Kevtones

Bought this on 360 for cheap today after playing through/really enjoying the shit port of Risen. Pumped for the sequel.

I'm currently working on Arcania: Gothic 4 and liking it. It's apparently not up to the series standard, but it's streamlined/relaxing in a way. I just finished Dark Souls 100% so I need something less demanding. Also points for the skippability of the story.

On sale today for $10. This game is so overlooked that it is ridiculous. Certainly one of the best RPG's released in the last couple years. Alas, the hype wasn't there so not too many know about it. Questing, voice acting, itemization, combat, level system, extra activities etc, this game excels in most aspects.

So true, really great game, in an amazing series.

Zizbuka

Banned
Don't remember where exactly I was, stopped playing a while ago. Loved it until it was just stupid hard.

I had my tower, with the trainer, etc. Went into some other tower, must have been at the end of a quest line. Had to fight the "real dragon", it was actually called something like that I think. Biggest problem was the area was so cramped, I kept losing my bearings. I was in dragon form. One thing I remember was not getting enough dragon skill points, only when I picked up some tokens.

Was I doing something wrong? Am I close to the end?

Taruranto

Just finished the main game.
What a bullshit cop-out, badly written ending. I can only image how people felt when they finished it for the first time and there was no expansion in sight. Than god i can play the continuation immediately after... but really, what were they thinking?

Edgeward

Played 13 hours of this game over the weekend as I got it on the Amazon sale. haha

Game's combat is a bit weird still as I'm mostly a ranger and doing well but it's mostly jumping back and spamming poison arrow or now explosive arrows. Can't imagine doing it as a melee build as enemies can hit you damn hard. Would really love if health/mana regen faster outside of combat. Some kind of rest command would work wonders early on.

Game is good fun though. Just got a bit of jank but overall rock solid and love the exploration in this.

Edgeward

So the ending to the base game is complete shit.

And wow, I can't get the game to transfer to FoV after the last cutscene. Just stays at a black screen, tried this 3 times and still th same thing. Well, never playing this fucking thing again. This shit is unacceptable.

XtremeRampage

Neo Member
I know it's an old thread, but I plan to buy this game for PC (from Amazon)...how's this game compared to the likes of Gothic and Witcher series? Also I don't like Steam, do you have to install and activate this game via Steam if you have the retail version?

Top Bottom