• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do Christenings/Baptisms have to be held on Sundays?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Socreges said:
I couldn't find anything definitive on Google

Depends how much a church want's to control someones mind. But no, I think most churches go for the "religion isn't just a sunday thing!" it's just the most common thing to do.

Socreges

Banned
That's what I thought, but if I'm going to bullshit my prof, this has to be 100%. My niece's christening was on sunday (it was great), so if I can transplant it to wednesday in order to skip class, then I'm laughin'.

Between my last two threads, if there is an after-life, I am completely hosed.

Triumph

Banned
Yeah, if you don't the kid turns out lame. You still might get into heaven, but you'll have to carry all the cool angels' crap around and they'll make snide remarks about you.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Just tell your prof that most people have it on sunday when church attendance is higher becaues it is actually an action of vanity. Say your family members chose to have it done on a wednesday because it is "for God, not the congregation" ;)

Socreges

Banned
Raoul Duke said:
Yeah, if you don't the kid turns out lame. You still might get into heaven, but you'll have to carry all the cool angels' crap around and they'll make snide remarks about you.
Please tell me you are not implying that Catholocism is beyond such a requirement?

ballhog

Raoul Duke said:

I'm just picturing the fat roller coaster guy in Socreges avatar following a couple of sunglass wearing cigarette smoking angels around, pushing a wheelbarrow full of their shit.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Instead of bothering with religion education, why not just tell him you need your penis inspected by a doctor? Should immediately get you what you want.

Socreges

Banned
Oh, I would, of course. Only it's a female teacher. And if she asks me to corroborate the story, which she will because she's a bitch, at least I can back it up truthfully and naturally.

At any rate, I've sent the e-mail. Thanks for everything guys, which was, in fact, nothing. ;)

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
MIMIC said:
I'm a Seventh-day Adventist; I was baptized on a Saturday. :)

Are you also a vegetarian? Ifso, can you explain why?

I used to sit across from a Seventh-day Adventist at lunch in high school. He said it had something to do with Noah and the flood but the whole thing made no sense to me. Then again, he had a bit of a speech impediment.

You can perform a baptism anytime you want. And I do mean "you". I think the church only recognizes it if its an emergency though.

MIMIC

Banned
Minotauro said:
Are you also a vegetarian?

Hell no! :D

But, on a similar note, I was bored today at work and seriously mulled the idea of becoming one...just to see what it was like. :)

chinch

Tenacious-V Redux
they can be held any day.

sunday is most popular as they have group baptisms during or after sunday mass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom