• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do the Eagles have the funniest team in sports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odoul

Seriously, in interviews, skits even commercials. Dahani Jones was great on the NFL network. Plus TO and McNabb are always in something funny. Has to be joking, friendly lockerroom.

The closest I can think of was B'more with Ray Lewis, Sharpe, Goose AND Billick.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Miguel said:
Yeah, losing 3 straight NFC Championships is pretty damned funny.

As a Panther fan I find it to be damn funny. Had I been a Packer fan, I'd think of it as a damn joke ;)

4th and 26 kept me away from attending an NFC Championship game, good job Iggles.

Odoul

Damn! How could I have forgotten the Bucs over the last few years. Gruden, Meshaun, and that fat fucker Sapp.

Plus the Lions with Mornhinweg. Except it's more of a laugh to hide the crying and asking what the fuck was that. I will NEVER forget that Chicago game where we won the toss and GAVE them the damn ball in overtime.

Future Trunks

lemme tell you something son, this guy is SO FARKING HUGE HE'LL FLEX AND DESTROY THE SUN no shit
Odoul said:
Damn! How could I have forgotten the Bucs over the last few years. Gruden, Meshaun, and Sapp.

**thumbs up icon**

effzee said:
not only are the funniest team they are also the BEST team in sports.

booyeah!

The best team to crush your spirits outside of the Boston Red Sox? Lose one more, and you match the Bills, except they did it at the superbowl.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
DJ_Tet said:
As a Panther fan I find it to be damn funny. Had I been a Packer fan, I'd think of it as a damn joke ;)

4th and 26 kept me away from attending an NFC Championship game, good job Iggles.

As a Packer fan, the damn joke was the coverage on that play ;) Fuck, that was atrocious. And it left me kicking my desk. A Pack-Panthers NFC Championship rematch would've been great. C'est la vie. The Eagles choked again, and we got a good Super Bowl out of it, so all was right in the world in the end.

Not that we should've been in the playoffs anyway, but, hey, thanks for blowing it on a 4th & Goal from the 24 yard line, Vikes!

This year is a different story, though! Favre's gotta get another ring before Couch takes over. BOOYAH.

bionic77

effzee said:
not only are the funniest team they are also the BEST team in sports.

booyeah!

They aren't even the best team in Pennsylvania. The Eagles time is over, the Roethlisberger era has begun.

effzee

bionic77 said:
They aren't even the best team in Pennsylvania. The Eagles time is over, the Roethlisberger era has begun.

lol please tell me ur joking. the steelers? roethlisberger's era might have begun but like most eras it begins with tons of bumps.

the eagles are the favorites in the NFC yet again, and i know they have lost 3 in a row but this is the most loaded team they have had yet. im not saying there going to do it this yr but this is thier best chance yet, and i believe they will at least reach the nfc champ game again.

bionic77

effzee said:
lol please tell me ur joking. the steelers? roethlisberger's era might have begun but like most eras it begins with tons of bumps.

the eagles are the favorites in the NFC yet again, and i know they have lost 3 in a row but this is the most loaded team they have had yet. im not saying there going to do it this yr but this is thier best chance yet, and i believe they will at least reach the nfc champ game again.

It is impossible to predict what will happen in the new 'parity' era of the NFL. Since Elway retired almost every Superbowl team sucked ass the year before they went all the way. The formula for success these days seems to be: 1) losing season the year before, 2)unknown QB, 3) great team defense, 4) luck. Steelers have 1 and 2 down pat, 3 is gonna happen due to Cowher power, and after that loss to the Pats in 01, we are due for some serious luck.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
The Steelers have had absolutely horrible pass defense the past two years, and unless Coclough makes the biggest leap imaginable from DII player to competent NFL player in his rookie year(It's not happening), and Hope shows that he should be somewhere other than dime downs(He shouldn't), it won't change this year. On top of that...Duce Fucking Staley.

Not to mention Plaxico being a jackass and Hines being pissed off. This is not the year for the Steelers.

edit: Finally, Roethlisberger isn't ready to start. He was only a junior when drafted with 3 years of playing QB in his life. If he plays at all, it will be because the season is beyond lost.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
bionic77 said:
It is impossible to predict what will happen in the new 'parity' era of the NFL. Since Elway retired almost every Superbowl team sucked ass the year before they went all the way. The formula for success these days seems to be: 1) losing season the year before, 2)unknown QB, 3) great team defense, 4) luck. Steelers have 1 and 2 down pat, 3 is gonna happen due to Cowher power, and after that loss to the Pats in 01, we are due for some serious luck.

past two champs alone... not unknown QB's, did not suck ass the year before.

Everyone's quick to jump on the parity hype if only to have hope for their own team. Things are different, just not to that great an extent.

bionic77

Hope is all Steeler fans have these days. Just remember when the Rams, Pats (the first time), and Ravens won, they came out of nowhere. And yeah, the Pats won last year with a proven quarterback, but Brady is evil personified so he doesn't count.

DMczaf

eagles.jpg

During those 15 awesome seconds the Eagles were actually up in the 2003 NFC Title game :)

levious

bionic77 said:
Hope is all Steeler fans have these days. Just remember when the Rams, Pats (the first time), and Ravens won, they came out of nowhere. And yeah, the Pats won last year with a proven quarterback, but Brady is evil personified so he doesn't count.

you're like that Jets fan in the NFL commercial, "Tom Brady? Not that good of a quaterback."

I look forward to the day when Brady is an elite qb in nfl lore and you're in a corner muttering to yourself about how his super bowls were flukes... and that DAMN JORDAN!

bionic77

levious said:
you're like that Jets fan in the NFL commercial, "Tom Brady? Not that good of a quaterback."

I look forward to the day when Brady is an elite qb in nfl lore and you're in a corner muttering to yourself about how his super bowls were flukes... and that DAMN JORDAN!

When your team is as bad as mine is sometimes the hate is all you have left. Plus I am not the only one who hates Brady, seems like he is hated about as much as Kobe is. Well at least by my friends.

levious

your team is one of the originals, plus it's got four super bowls... no reason to whine, unless you only got 5 years to live.

levious

effzee said:
im sorry but no rookie QB is going to lead his team or even going to win the superbowl this yr.

what a bold prediction, considering it's happened, what, once?

effzee

well our friend bionic seems to think his steelers with a rookie have a better chance and team than the eagles to win it all.

bionic77

DMczaf said:
!!!!!

Bionic likes Jordan just a little! I have proof!

LOL, dude I used to love the guy UNTIL he humiliated my Lakers in 91. :(

Ditto for Tom Brady and the flukiest team of all time, the 02 Pats who ROBBED the Steelers of their rightful place in the Superbowl. :(

Super Bowl for the Steelers this year? Doubtful, but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they're back in the playoffs, or at least on the plus side of .500. The years with no expectations and nobody looking are the years they usually perform well under Cowher. And I agree with Archaix, Big Ben doesn't see regular season action unless the season is in the crapper. Good ole Dick LeBeau should have the secondary straightened out for the most part though.

bionic77

Spectral Glider said:
Super Bowl for the Steelers this year? Doubtful, but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they're back in the playoffs, or at least on the plus side of .500. The years with no expectations and nobody looking are the years they usually perform well under Cowher. And I agree with Archaix, Big Ben doesn't see regular season action unless the season is in the crapper. Good ole Dick LeBeau should have the secondary straightened out for the most part though.

Pay no attention to my predictions. In my world the Lakers actually won the NBA Championship.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Oh, I think the Steelers end up in the playoffs(at the very least, the hunt), especially if Jamal Lewis spends significant time in a courthouse. Too many unlucky things happened last year for them to be considered a bad team. The year before, the secondary was even worse and they just barely lost to the Titans in the playoffs(Which reminds me, thank the lord DE-WAYNE is gone!). They should be a good team if the offensive line plays anywhere near well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom