• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do they make games of everything these days?

LakeEarth

B0001I9YHQ.01-A23NLORBGXOLEO.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Ta Hell?

EDIT - found some pics
lemony-snickets-a-series-of-unfortunate-events-200405030344292.jpg

Fifty

Oh come on, that's not so bad. We have to assume that they'll produce games based on popular franchises when there's a big movie coming out soon. It's just an easy target. This on the other hand.....

244527.jpg

belgurdo

Banned
pepsiman.jpg

Designed by an American (Travis Charest), obviously drawing a distinct nod towards the typical American comic art style, features Americans prominitely in his commercials...but the character can't be used in America. WTF

LakeEarth

ferricide said:
yeah, when did they start making games based on movies?!

It's not really a "make it into a game" movie. Why not make In America 64 or Lost in Translation : The Secret of the Ooze?

ferricide

LakeEarth said:
It's not really a "make it into a game" movie. Why not make In America 64 or Lost in Translation : The Secret of the Ooze?
because they think small children will make their parents buy it for them. like they give a fuck whether it'll make a good game or not.

aoi tsuki

i'm still waiting for Let's Make a Professional News Team! and Minna no Jello Wrestling. On that note, Japan beats the US in the "i can't believe they made a game about that!" category.

djtiesto said:
What's that Xanth game about?

Typical Shadowgate meets King's Quest type of thing. The writing isn't anything notable but probably fits in perfectly with the Xanth series as a result. As I recall, the one thing I always remembered was at the beginning, you had a choice of several companions (hence the title) but the game was scripted so you could only choose one.

Generally I had the impression that Legend really did try, but sort of had to rush things together in the end when their plans turned out to be too ambitious for their timeframe. Wheel of Time was hit by the same situation, I think (well, that and whatever drove them to choose FPS as the game style)

I could have swore they pumped out a Belgariad game as well through their Del Rey book deal...

M3wThr33

Banned
Redbeard said:
244533.jpg

Mission 1: Clean up the friggin' shop before big Paulie flips out!
I probably wouldn't enjoy it, but if Paulie bitched like he does on the show, I'd have no choice but to do it. :)

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
Socks the Cat Rocks the Hill never came out, regrettably.

Also, believe it or not, all McDonald's-themed console games are actually a lot of fun to play.

Acrylamid

EakeLarth said:
Do they make games of everything these days?
No. There's still not a single table tennis game released this generation. :(
Isn't there a miniature golf mode in Mario Golf? If so (and also if not), they should include a table tennis mode in Mario Tennis..

Top Bottom