• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you live near Clearfield, PA? Like burgers? (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For only $23.95, you can order The Ye Olde 96er, a SIX POUND burger at Denny's Beer Barrel Pub.

They recently had an eating contest which will air on the Food Network.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/apfeature_story.asp?category=1120&slug=Burger Challenge

CLEARFIELD, Pa. -- People from New York and Ohio come to Denny's Beer Barrel Pub for a pretty big hamburger: 6 pounds of beef, one large onion, two whole tomatoes, a half a head of lettuce, 1 1/4 pounds of cheese, top and bottom buns, and a cup each of mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, relish, banana peppers and some pickles.

Those who try to tame the 6-pound hamburger have a time limit: They must do it in three hours or less.

454841n.jpg

454841q.jpg

454841i.jpg

454841r.jpg

Desperado said:
So what happens if you eat it all under 3 hrs? nothing?

That was for the competition that was filmed for Food Network. It didn't say what the prize was. Money? Honor? A ribbon? Heartburn?

SyNapSe

My friend saw this on TV.. I guess no-one has ever finished it. Good god, why are those dorks picking it up and trying to open their mount to a 180% angle.

Cut the facking thing up.. your jaw will thank you!

SyNapSe

I think it's always going on.. it's the places "gimmick". Much like that movie the Great Outdoors or whatever. Where they had a 96 ounce steak and John Candy had to eat it all for the whole family to get free dinner.

SyNapSe said:
I think it's always going on.. it's the places "gimmick". Much like that movie the Great Outdoors or whatever. Where they had a 96 ounce steak and John Candy had to eat it all for the whole family to get free dinner.

Yeah, you can order it anytime. The contest was the one time deal. You can look at their menu here:

http://www.dennysbeerbarrelpub.com/6lbburger.htm

Holy shit, all together, the damn thing weighs NINE POUNDS!

6lbburger.jpg

Otaking

I'm half tempted to take a field trip with a few of my friends over to Clearfield and try that burger. Doubt I'd be able to eat the whole thing, but I'd give it my best.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
The fattening of America.

I feel for those people. With beef being one of the most difficult to digest foods and all...

Alucard

Banned
That is one huge burger. I'm not sure if I could finish it and I do have a fairly big appetite when I get hungry. I might be tempted to try and finish one of those things if I'm ever in that area. Haha.

LakeEarth

I once did a two pounder called the Cardiac Arrest on a Bun. I finished it, but it was two huge patties, and my mouth wasn't big enough. I had to take out one of the patties, eat the burger, and then eat the patty with a knife and fork. Still, I was almost dying at the end of it. I don't know how anyone could dare do 6 pounds.

xsarien

daedsiluap
You guys go have your heart attack lunches, all this thread made me do was make me appreciate how good a roast beef sandwich can be, and that's what I'm getting for lunch.

Phoenix

SteveMeister said:
I'd split one with my wife... and like 10 or 15 of our friends

Hey, it'd be a great centerpiece at a party :)

Now there's an idea. Brand it a 'party burger' and watch the dollars roll in :) I hereby claim common law trademark to Party Burger.

Found some great HUGE pics that would make good (if disturbing) wallpaper:

The plaque listing all the people who finished the burger in 3 hours. One guy finished it in a stomache-churning 7 1/2 hours.

100_0042.JPG

Adding the cheese (12 slices):

100_0023.JPG

Prepping the bun:

100_0021.JPG

Finished masterpiece:

100_0024.JPG

First bite:

100_0026.JPG

Ultimate defeat:

100_0041.JPG

bjork

Is it even humanly possible to eat that much food in one day?

I once tried to do three Double Doubles from In-n-Out, and gave up after #2. But three double doubles doesn't add up to nine pounds... I don't see where you could put it all. Usually with these contests, you can't go puke or you're disqualified, so I don't know how someone could hold it all in.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
DaCocoBrova said:
The fattening of America.

I feel for those people. With beef being one of the most difficult to digest foods and all...

Well shit, the people eating those things aren't even fat! Then again, a friend of mine is skinny as hell yet manages to down a massive deep dish pizza all alone. :\

That burger almost makes me sick, though. I wouldn't even dream of trying that. I don't see how anyone could eat that thing. Why even bother? You KNOW you'll walk away unfinished and sick as hell...

I feel disgusted on so many levels.

The idea of eating that makes me sick.

But I'm also disgusted at the total wastefulness of our society that allows this to happen. When so many people in the world are starving it's disgusting that this sort of stuff happens. It's one thing to throw away food because you maybe made too much and are less hungry than you thought you were, it's totally another to make something that you know will almost certainly be wasted.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
For some reason the six pounds of beef doesn't disgust me nearly as much as a pound and a quarter of cheese slabbed on top of it.

I'd love to be in that resturaunt when somebody orders a diet coke with that thing though, and you know it's happened :p

Drexon

Banned
Wow, 4 kilograms. That's a spicy meat-a-ball, and I'm from Sweden!

I'd like to try it on though. I'd prep my self by expanding my stomach with lots and lots of water the day before, then pee it out, leaving room, then go for it, doubt I'd succeed. :p

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Sorry for the bump, but christ this thread has 34k views and small # of replies. This link must have gotten around to many sites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom