• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOA: U scores a 9 on GMR

WarPig

Ghost said:
I thought he'd spilled the beans on Cronus, isnt it basically Ayane and Kazumis story?

Nah, that's Ultimate. Ultimate kicks off with this totally boss five-minute CG movie that's all about Ayane and Kasumi's childhood. Set to "Dream On" by Aerosmith. I just about fell over when I saw it at E3. Anyway, unlocking shit in Ultimate reveals all this extra plot junk about the ninja half of the backstory.

Supposedly DOA4 will be all about the whacko DOATEC side of the story with Helena and Bayman and Fame Douglas and shit. I'm stoked for some Fame Douglas.

Like I say, Itagaki keeps changing his mind about whatever Code Cronus is.

DFS.

ferricide

WarPig said:
Nah, that's Ultimate. Ultimate kicks off with this totally FUCKING CREEPY five-minute CG movie that's all about Ayane and Kasumi's childhood.
fixed.

seriously, they look like chucky dolls.

chespace said:
milky reviewed it, and greg will review it for XBN (i get to do MK: Deception instead, whee).

the gameplay remains the same as DOA3 :( with the only tweak being that now you have three reversal heights (high, med, and low) as opposed to just two.

that said, the game is extremely polished, and the online features are supreme.

p.s. stop being such trolls.

----

http://chespace.1up.com
you mean 4 levels instead of 3.....

anyway, from what i've heard, they blended DOA3 movement into the DOA2 gameplay and also simplified the defensive holds...

basically,
1.) except for slope throws, the movesets are straight from DOA2 Hardcore
2.) 8, 7 and 2 initiate freestepping instead of jumping and ducking, which is like DOA3, not DOA2
3.) the DH's are 7F for high, 4F for mid punches, 6F for mid kicks and 1F for low attacks... (DOA3 was 4F for mid punches and mid kicks, DOA2 on arcade holds setting had two directions instead of 1 for each of the 4 hold levels)

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Damn, faceless beat me to it.

Can't wait for this game. This will be the game that makes me sign up for XBL :D

Anyanka

WarPig said:
Supposedly DOA4 will be all about the whacko DOATEC side of the story with Helena and Bayman and Fame Douglas and shit. I'm stoked for some Fame Douglas.

So you actually understand the whole DOATEC stuff? I've tried following the story but can't make sense of it. The instructions in the US versions are so vague and confusing. Is there like a site or FAQ or something that explains the story for 1-3?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Do all the characters return from DOA3. I got a kick out of using the praying mantis girl...Christie was it?

Top Bottom