• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DoA Ultimate: Best Yet....

Fucking pretty. Finally a shitload of costumes, stages, and other cool shit. Online play.

BUT WHY IS THE AI STILL DUMB 85% of the time?!? Sure, ill have live soon but umm, dumb as rocks.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Game is the shiznit online. All fighters from here on out must have the "Winner Stays" option implemented. And I'm OH so glad they returned to the old arcade style counter system. Blocking is actually useful and used now :lol

Well like 15% of the time the AI seems ok, but then it just sorta does nothing while I pound it.

Single play is all about the AI and DoA has always pooed in that area. WHich is fuggin bizzare since its obvious tecmo can makea challenging game.

Rand: oh I agree completely.

WarPig

Yeah, when I can whup up on your Very Hard mode with Ayane, a character I suck with, something is wrong.

DFS.

<CootVF4Evo> im trying to decide if im going to buy gtasa, doa ultimate, or pay off halo 2
<Mike_Works> i had to run to the burger king
<CootVF4Evo> annoying choice
<bish_GroveStreet> for an America where body armor is a requirement
<Sea_Manky_Atwork> I can't wait to be str8 thuggin and VVVVVVVVVWWWWWWWWWWWVBOOOOOOOOOOOM
<Mike_Works> doa ultimate? ha
<CootVF4Evo> its so pretty
<Mike_Works> Look at your nickname Coot
<Mike_Works> you don't need DOA
<Sea_Manky_Atwork> Hopefully I can get so fat the planes will bounce
<CootVF4Evo> yeah
<CootVF4Evo> youre so right
<Mike_Works> Especially if it comes ahead of GTA or Halo
<CootVF4Evo> wtf was I thinking
<CootVF4Evo> gta or halo 2 then
<Mike_Works> yeah wtf
<Mike_Works> Now that I can't help you with

guess ill not play you guys then! Wtf was I thinking/!??!

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I must REALLY fucking suck, because the AI seems to predict my attacks quite accurately pulling off counters up the ass followed by 8-hit juggles. (I mean the final couple matches before Tengu in story mode, not the first few complete fodder bouts where the AI is pretty much turned off)

I also seem to really blow at predicting how to counter their own attacks. The window for countering feels much smaller too, played some DOA3 last week and the change is extremely noticeable(DOA3 was counter crazy). I also don't get which attacks require forward countering vs. back though...it's almost like a lottery at this point.

Story mode still makes zero sense 4 years later.

SyNapSe

CrimsonSkies said:
Online play and your complaining about the AI in a fighter. Oh man.

You heard it here! No point to single player at all. Having a fun online system doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to enjoy an at least semi-decent single player mode.

WarPig

Brandon F said:
You gotta play the AI LOTS in order to unlock costumes and junk.

20 costumes per chick, plus extra to unlock hidden characters and shit, adds up to well over 100 trips through story mode to unlock everything.

DFS.

Brandon F

WarPig said:
20 costumes per chick, plus extra to unlock hidden characters and shit, adds up to well over 100 trips through story mode to unlock everything.

DFS.

Yea, I've done about ten trips already and am sick to death of it. No pretty CG end movies to enjoy either. LUMP SUM REWARDS NEXT TIME NINJA TEAM!!

...and just give us BRAD! Not this stupid Bayman/Leon clone shit nobody cared about 4 years ago.

WarPig

Slogging through and just getting a palette swap costume SUCKS, too. It doesn't happen often, but when it does I wanna break something.

Also, Kasumi's outfit with the overalls SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS compared to the one in the original DOA. WOMEN DON'T WEAR HEELS WITH OVERALLS, ITAGAKI.

Is it that hard to model a pair of sneakers?

DFS.

COCKLES

being watched
WarPig said:
Also, Kasumi's outfit with the overalls SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS compared to the one in the original DOA. WOMEN DON'T WEAR HEELS WITH OVERALLS, ITAGAKI.

DFS.

Visit Essex in the UK on a Saturday night.

Kasumi = Chav.

Brandon F

Tell me about it, I last unlocked Kasumi's Red ninja outfit, followed by her black version of the same outfit. Lame...

I'm dying to get that Panda shirt costume witht he black stockings for Ayane, man that is hot stuff. Played against some asian kid using it.

WHy couldn't this game have a simple costume store where you spend points to buy stuff? Didn't DOAX work that way? It could even promote playing online by earning more points through repeated victories.

WarPig

The best Ayane one is the jogging pants with the "Ayane" baseball-script tank top. Why? BECAUSE SHE'S WEARING FUCKING SNEAKERS LIKE A NORMAL HUMAN.

The "tore-ko" outfit with the shiny helmet is a fun nostalgia trip, too.

DFS.

Brandon F

Oh and it deserves mention that DOA1 is visually superior to the Saturn version it is ported from. Definately running at a higher rez and clip.

That game had mad costumes to unlock IIRC, and since my internal SS battery died years ago, it will be neat to see them again...that is if I can suffer MORE STORY MODE...

WarPig said:
The "tore-ko" outfit with the shiny helmet is a fun nostalgia trip, too.
gold03.jpg

^_^ ^_^ ^_^

WarPig

Oh, fawk off. That's what Itagaki calls it in an interview I hadda edit once, so it sticks in my head.

DFS.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
I got the asian version yesterday and i'd forgotten how good the game looks.

The lightning stage is just amazing.

It's just a pity i suck at the game.

Kon Tiki

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
I'll get Live next month, but I don't need DOA - I'm married and can look at boobs any time, no need to pay $50.
Can you punch those boobs int he face and get away with it? huh...huh?

I'll own you bitches with a Jann Lee!

or not.

Either way, get on Live! I'm waiting.
Use them 2 months Live! free cards in your copies of the game, dammit!

I bought this today. It feels good, because I sold DOA 3 pretty quickly. I would have liked to see more characters, new ones. But, these are sort of remakes so I understand. Bayman and Leon are two of the coolest characters ain a fighter, they hardly get the recognition they deserve. I aim to change that.

The lightning stage is incredible too...its the effects that really make this game look amazing.

Bass and Tina rock as well.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Biff Hardbody said:
I bought this today. It feels good, because I sold DOA 3 pretty quickly. I would have liked to see more characters, new ones. But, these are sort of remakes so I understand. Bayman and Leon are two of the coolest characters ain a fighter, they hardly get the recognition they deserve. I aim to change that.

The lightning stage is incredible too...its the effects that really make this game look amazing.

Bass and Tina rock as well.

Bayman is unlockable in the game.

MrparisSM

Banned
Shogmaster said:
I'll own you bitches with a Jann Lee!

or not.

Either way, get on Live! I'm waiting.
Use them 2 months Live! free cards in your copies of the game, dammit!

Hey my Gamer tag is ParisOwnzYou I'm getting on right now! :D

ManaByte

Gold Member
Unless The Faceless Master can proove the he is a developer with an actual XDK and the official software from MS, he's using a warez version of the XDK PC software which allows you to take direct frame buffer screen grabs using that interface.

WarPig

ManaByte said:
Unless The Faceless Master can proove the he is a developer with an actual XDK and the official software from MS, he's using a warez version of the XDK PC software which allows you to take direct frame buffer screen grabs using that interface.

And he's going STRAIGHT TO HELL for it! STRAIGHT TO HELL!

I wish the screen-cap whatsis I had worked that well, I'm still using this shit with a DOS command-line interface.

DFS.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I thought making screen caps or videos of Tecmo games is illegal? At least that's what I thought from the warning screen on Ninja Gaiden :p

WarPig

Wario64 said:
I thought making screen caps or videos of Tecmo games is illegal? At least that's what I thought from the warning screen on Ninja Gaiden :p

No kidding. After that shit, I'm afraid to even look at the game funny.

DFS.

Top Bottom