• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dodge Charger GAF

Is this car amazing or what I had a 2016 SE but my wife loved it so much I gave it to her and bought a cheaper 2012 SE. Man I love these cars and I don't even have the RT,SXT or SRT. The stock engine sounds really good and the car handles very well for a full sized sedan. I have Mustangs and Camaros pull up beside me and rev there engines like they want to race and I am like im just in a stock SE dude, im not about the racing life lol.

I loved my Charger SE. Only problem was rwd sucks in the snow and got rid of it once I had a kid and had to drive her around in it. Fish tailing when turning in three inches of snow going 5 mph sucks.

Anion

You should rev at them as well and have them think you'll race. Then they floor it and you just drive normally lol

slit

Is this car amazing or what I had a 2016 SE but my wife loved it so much I gave it to her and bought a cheaper 2012 SE. Man I love these cars and I don't even have the RT,SXT or SRT. The stock engine sounds really good and the car handles very well for a full sized sedan. I have Mustangs and Camaros pull up beside me and rev there engines like they want to race and I am like im just in a stock SE dude, im not about the racing life lol.

Sorry about that, I thought it might be fun!

Sorry about that, I thought it might be fun!
You are the Mustang guy eh, why don't you pick on someone who is about that racing life lol. I would have got an SXT but I am just a family guy who appreciates not having to fill up my tank every few days.

Nightfall

As a european...

giphy.gif

creatchee

You should rev at them as well and have them think you'll race. Then they floor it and you just drive normally lol

I do that all of the time whenever I'm at a light and there's somebody next to me that looks like they want a go. Having an insane sounding exhaust helps. The best part is like four times, the dumb bastards got pulled over by the cops.

I abhor stoplight drag racing - especially the idiots down here who do it during the day with full traffic patterns and pedestrians.

Dishwalla

Banned
Still can't get down with the four doors, always wished they'd make a two door version, even if the Challenger fills that void. Very nearly bit on a blue 2013 Charger Daytona, until I found my current Mustang. Four doors, bleh!

ruxtpin

Banned
Love my 2016 Challenger Scat Pack, but still considering an eventual switch to a Charger SRT8. Extra space would be super useful.

Dishwalla

Banned
Also yea even though I drive a Mustang if you stop next to me and start revving your engine I'm just gonna ignore you. I know I have a relatively quick sports car, but I ain't got time for that racing shit Vin Diesel. We all have to grow up sometime.

WarMacheen

You are the Mustang guy eh, why don't you pick on someone who is about that racing life lol. I would have got an SXT but I am just a family guy who appreciates not having to fill up my tank every few days.

SXT is the same engine. at least on current models. RT is where the bump in power starts

creatchee

SXT is the same engine. at least on current models. RT is where the bump in power starts

Yup. SE/SXT have the 3.6L P Pentastar (292 hp), R/T has the 5.7L Hemi (370 hp), Scat Pack and 392 have 6.2L Hemi (485 hp), and the Hellcat has the Supercharged 6.2L Hemi (707 hp).

Sidenote/question - they only have AWD option on the V6 models now?

Just popping in to say that anybody who drives one of these in a dark grey, black, or white color scheme and has high-visibility lights is an asshole.

Why the fuck would you drive something that looks exactly like a cop car, bro? Whyyyyyyy

Leunam

I've got a 2007 SXT with 134k miles. Bought it new, first car I've ever bought on my own.

In almost ten years I've had one speed sensor go out, throttle sensor replaced, O2 sensor replaced once, and the radiator blew out a month ago. That's pretty good by my account. Still drives and handles well. In the rare occasion I've been a passenger in my own car I've been amazed by how much space there is in the car, especially the back seat.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I have a 2016 Challenger Hellcat.

Personally, I think the Challenger body is an instant classic, and one of the best looking cars on the road, period. Also, only the 2-door comes with a stick; auto-only on the Charger. That said, congrats on your ride - if you're happy with it, that's all that matters! Enjoy it... and don't be too stupid.

creatchee

I have a 2016 Challenger Hellcat.

Personally, I think the Challenger body is an instant classic, and one of the best looking cars on the road, period. Also, only the 2-door comes with a stick; auto-only on the Charger. That said, congrats on your ride - if you're happy with it, that's all that matters! Enjoy it... and don't be too stupid.

I had a 2014 Challenger R/T Redline. I had no shortage of heads turned and compliments.

IMG_0580.jpg

My only problem with it was the size - it's a damned land yacht. I never felt comfortable taking corners with it, although on straightaways, I was never and have never been as comfortable driving as fast as I wanted in any other car.

I want a Challenger. I know shit about cars but I love the look. I think it's the best of the muscle cars in terms of retaining a classic feel with modern improvements.

Ashby

I want a Challenger. I know shit about cars but I love the look. I think it's the best of the muscle cars in terms of retaining a classic feel with modern improvements.

It's also really the only modern muscle car. The modern day Mustang and Camaro are muscle cars in name only, they're really sports cars.

Raises hand*

What up Charger GAF. I have a 2013 SE Blacktop Edition. I came very close to getting the HEMI, but I drive 50 miles a day so it wasn't practical from a gas standpoint. I love it. I owned a Challenger SE before that (the 305hp engine), but the Charger wins out. So much more practical and still looks great.

Thaedolus

I loved my Charger SE. Only problem was rwd sucks in the snow and got rid of it once I had a kid and had to drive her around in it. Fish tailing when turning in three inches of snow going 5 mph sucks.

You realize there's an AWD version right? My brother in law has the police version as his service vehicle and raves about it in the snow

I'll probably get that when our Corolla bites the dust, but I wish you could get it with a V8 (AWD is V6 only)

Ashby

You realize there's an AWD version right? My brother in law has the police version as his service vehicle and raves about it in the snow

I'll probably get that when our Corolla bites the dust, but I wish you could get it with a V8 (AWD is V6 only)

I went to the dealership with an AWD in mind but didn't like the way it drove. Did some fishtailing this past winter but was totally worth it for how much better RWD feels when there's no snow on the ground. Besides, winter tires are a thing.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Challenger is close enough imo. I have a 2016 v6 Orange Challenger. Love this car. I should have got the V8 though. I'll probably rectify that with a scat pack in a few years. Chargers are pretty nice looking too.

Challenger is close enough imo. I have a 2016 v6 Orange Challenger. Love this car. I should have got the V8 though. I'll probably rectify that with a scat pack in a few years. Chargers are pretty nice looking too.
Nice man, I love the Challangers as well. They definitely stand out on the road amongst other cars. I bought a Charger because I have to have four doors and I love the body on them. When I first got my 2016 I use to scrape the shit out of the bottom going in drive ways and turning off dips in the road. I have since learned how to angle my turns to avoid scraping.

Rival

Gold Member
I'm buying a Challenger scat pack if I ever move out of the Midwest or if I can ever afford a second car. Until then I require my Jeep.

Top Bottom