• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does this CPU come with a Fan/Heatsink?

LAMBO

Does this CPU come with a Fan/heatsink??

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=19-103-463&DEPA=1

Model# ADA3500AWBOX
19-103-463-03.jpg

edit

meant to put this in the off topic forum

better to get the oem by itself and get a different fan and heatsink tho..(Better ones). the ones that come with retail are usually pretty crap compared to whats out there.

peace

Fixed2BeBroken said:
better to get the oem by itself and get a different fan and heatsink tho..(Better ones). the ones that come with retail are usually pretty crap compared to whats out there.

peace

But it's usually not much cheaper. And if the retail is a 3-year warranty and OEM is 1-year, you're better off paying the extra 5-10 dollars and just chucking the fan if that's your intention. Though, in this case, the OEM is 1 dollar more, so it's not even an issue.

Yusaku

Fixed2BeBroken said:

peace

Not true. Bundled fans/heatsinks are guarnateed to work well so long as you're not overclocking.

FriScho

Will PS3 and Xbox2 CPUs come with heatsinks+fans or will they use liquid cooling like the first series of Dreamcasts

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
ArcadeStickMonk said:
I have this 9800 Pro...

Yeah, I noticed how "3rd party" your card actually looks. I did not realize that. :p

My 9700 Pro is a Sapphire card, but it looks like a stock ATI card (red PCB, ATI labeled fan, and the arrangement of the components is exactly the same as an ATI board). In fact, I'd say that it IS an ATI made card that was just sold under the Sapphire name. Your 98 looks very different...

Yusaku said:
Not true. Bundled fans/heatsinks are guarnateed to work well so long as you're not overclocking.

I dont know about all that....the stuff that came with my 3200+ pretty much sucked balls and was loud as hell (high pitch loud fan).

had to cop a copper heatsink and a quieter fan.

peace

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
I don't know about AMD, but I'm OCing a P4 C from 3.0 to 3.5 GHz on stock HS/Fan. Temps are 40C idle, and 55 C load.

mine was hovering between 60 - 64 with stock

so then i switched it up with a copper heatsink and panaflo fan and been at like 40 ever since.

peace

In my experience the stock heatsink is fine. I'm using a 3800+. What you do want to make sure is you have a case with a great airflow, preferably a side fan or two ( a rear 120 mm fan is nice as well). I'm running on stock settings with the stock heatsink/fan, I idle at 32-35 degrees and go to load from anywhere of 47-50. The thrshold for these line of AMD processors is 70 degrees. As a general rule yoiu want to keep it ten degrees below that. The stock heatsink/fan keeps it a full 20 below that under load. Perfectly fine.

Top Bottom