• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dog visits dying owner in hospital to give heartbreaking goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nokterian

This broke my heart..dogs and cats or any other animal has feelings like anyone does.

Ryan Jessen thought he just had a migraine, but it turned out to worse than anyone could have ever imagined.

The 33-year-old California man was diagnosed with a ventricular brain hemorrhage and quickly fell into a coma he would never awake from. While his family gathered around his hospital bed to say goodbye, they realized they were missing someone: Ryan’s best friend and devoted dog, Mollie.

Ryan Jessen’s sister, Michelle, shares a photo of the siblings. MICHELLE JESSEN/FACEBOOK
Luckily, the hospital agreed to allow the Jessen family to bring the dog inside to bid farewell to his buddy for the last time.

“So she’d know why her human never came home,” Ryan’s sister, Michelle, explained in a Facebook post. “If you knew my brother, he really loved his sweet dog.”

More at the link with a video.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/dog-vis...-goodbye/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab7e&linkId=32185370

Myriadis

Lovely story there, and it's good to read that he saved another life because his heart was given to a kid. But man, 33 years is much too young.

And I be honest I so expected a pun somewhere that I read it as heartbarking.

Sheroking

Man, I can't help but feel a giant swell of anger and hatred towards everyone who posts and shares these stories.

These feels are not good feels, man. Nothing of value was gained.

SiteSeer

a sidenote, the docs say he had high blood pressure possibly contributed to by frequent energy drink consumption. fyi to you 30 something redbull / monster junkies out there.

a sidenote, the docs say he had high blood pressure possibly contributed to by frequent energy drink consumption. fyi to you 30 something redbull / monster junkies out there.

Okay, considering that I've just been put on blood pressure medication. It's something to take note of.

It's no fucking joke.

mjc

Jesus, that video hit me hard. Rest in peace man.

Also goes to show how scary energy drinks can be. People slam that stuff too.

Mayyhem

holding back tears...

i never witnessed the connection between man and dog before i started dating my now girlfriend.

the bond she has with her dog is massive, its like her child honestly... its so sad to think about the dog just wondering what happened to their beloved human as they no longer return to them anymore

heartbreaking story OP

C'mon OP you can't be posting stuff like this on a Saturday morning.

You got me over here hugging my pup while telling him that I'm not going anywhere.

Glad Mollie got to say goodbye. I hope the organ recipient lives a long and healthy life. On that note, make sure you're an organ donor people! If you don't want it to be indicated on your License(paranoia) at the very least let all your loved ones know so lives can hopefully be saved.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If you have high blood pressure, you should get that shit checked out and take medicine for it. It's simple and cheap.

jts

...hate me...
Feel a migraine in one month and be terminally ill by the next month. Pretty young too.

Don't even need the dog for that to be a pretty sad and chilling scenario.

RIP

Shinypogs

Ha yea it's like what's there to discuss here? How horrible we feel after reading this story?

We could discuss how it's important for people to have plans for their pets care if anything were to suddenly happen to them. Some pets end up in shelters and rescues a short time after their person disappeared and never came back again. This dog was fortunate she gets to stay with the family but others get lost in the shuffle.

Speaking of disappearing it's actually helpful for dogs to smell the dying/ dead and process it in the way that animals do. Otherwise we end up with those cute but heartbreaking situations where dogs keep waiting for their owner to return, repeating their old routine but never getting to the reunion bit.

These stories shouldn't just make us sad or grateful for our own pets but have us think about how our mortality greatly affects them and what we can do to to make an unexpected death easier on them should it occur.

trembli0s

Not gonna lie, I teared up a bit. I got my first dog this year at the ripe age of 28 after wanting one forever. He's a 1 yr 4 mo old Rhodesian Ridgeback and he is absolutely "my kid." This hits right in the gut.

Beartruck

A couple people in my family have died of instant heart attacks and many people in my family have blood pressure problems. I will never touch any energy drink.

At least the dog got to say goodbye so it didn't end up like Hachiko.

Gengahrrr

Devastating to watch.

Brain hemmorages scare the shit out of me because of how random they seem to be. Although it looks like they found the cause of this one.

frontovik

Banned
The emotional bonds that forms betweens humans and animals can be very touching; especially with dogs.

Also, the fact that frequent energy drink consumption played a role in his untimely death is another reason for me to primarily stick to water.

daegan

For those of you questioning anything good coming from this, I hadn't even considered drinking an average of one energy drink a day being an issue but fuck me if I'm not going to cut back because I don't want to do this to my pup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom