• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D |OT| It's on like Dragon Kong!

Neiteio

#teamventless
No vents? Your house must be pissed!

hqdefault.jpg

Drago

Oh! Well hey, now you can play it sans waggle, plus eight new levels!
Could already play with buttons on Wii. Homebrew <3

Still, eight new levels (that are apparently up to par with the rest) do sound really nice. I haven't been paying much attention to this, is the 30fps rock solid? Sounds like the only downside really, but I'll live with 30.

Neiteio

Could already play with buttons on Wii. Homebrew <3

Still, eight new levels (that are apparently up to par with the rest) do sound really nice. I haven't been paying much attention to this, is the 30fps rock solid? Sounds like the only downside really, but I'll live with 30.
Eight new levels is effectively a new world!

Framerate sounds mostly solid, with bits of slowdown here and there. Sounds perfectly playable, though.

I am tempted to buy this despite already having the Wii version and playing it to death simply for the 8 new levels. Want to get a better idea of how good the Monster Games-made courses are though before I plop down cash for it.

bumpkin

So I hear that there's a deal at Toys R Us this weekend where if you buy a specific game with a 3DS or 3DS XL, you get $40 off; DKCR is one of those games. I've been thinking about finally getting the wife a pink & white XL and I was going to get DKCR one way or the other. Hmm...

Just preordered on Bestbuy.com because they email you a code for Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels for free.

They'll send the email tomorrow and I'll be able to pick up the game from the store as well! :D

...now I just need to finish up Luigi's Mansion before tomorrow. D:

GWX

Just went to the canadian eShop to buy Fire Emblem (FINALLY), and noticed this is only $34.99. And Revelations is $19.99. Fuck, my wallet... I must resist!

Jacobbles

Got it this morning, just finished the first world.

It looks and plays great, I've only noticed some very minor slowdown during a couple of levels so far, but it's nothing major and doesn't detract from the experience at all.

Also damn, I forgot how much I love those minecart levels.

Salsa

seems like it isnt rock solid 30fps?

been reading about some drops

that's a shame

specially since most people are describing them as "not really bothersome" yet that's the same way they described Dark Moon's occasional slow down and I still found it pretty damn bothersome

Ken

Someone decide for me: DKCR or Luigi NM?!?!

I've never played Luigi and the last DK game I played was so long ago. Which will I get more hours of? I don't really have a preference for either genre.

Salsa

Someone decide for me: DKCR or Luigi NM?!?!

I've never played Luigi and the last DK game I played was so long ago. Which will I get more hours of? I don't really have a preference for either genre.

I posted this on the Animal Crossing thread for you bro, like 3 pages back:

I love Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, and I dont know about DKCR's "port", but it IS one of the best platformers of the last 10 years or so, so if you never experienced it before and it's a solid version i'd definetly say that's the game to get, specially since it's cheaper.

It's filled with content too if you like collecting stuff, well worth the price.

Neiteio

Yeah but I wanted more input :x
Well, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon can be a tad repetitive at times, due to some repeated mission types (just a -tad-, though). If you're the type of person who has to collect every bit of treasure in every single mission, each mission can take you a solid half-hour, with no checkpoints or ability to save mid-mission. The missions are still well-paced, though, and rewarding to complete. I'm just saying that by comparison, DKCR is a bit easier to pick up and play in short bursts. The variety of platforming scenarios in DKCR is also relentless in its creativity.

That being said, LMDM is probably the better game if you're looking to be "transported" to another world. LMDM is absolutely brimming with detail. There's a strong sense of atmosphere and place, with an intricately handcrafted feel to each area. It's not nearly as challenging as DKCR, but you can play it a bit more at your own pace, go off the beaten path a bit more and find more secrets. LMDM gets really creative at times, and is sure to make you laugh, or at least smile.

I'm not sure if this is helping. You honestly can't go wrong with either game.

I have to wait until I get paid next week. At least I'll be downloading this and the Zelda Oracles at the same time next Friday. Man, being broke sucks. Damned bills and responsibilities...

Murrah

Banned
Man I need to stay out of this thread. My excitement for replaying the game keeps going up and down, and these framerate reports aren't helping

Young Magus

I came to see if this game was getting a midnight release...
then I saw that game was already up.

Downloading the game now, thank you based GAF!
Also, what is this I'm hearing about a free game deal?

Guys? I just bought it from the eshop, but any time that I attempt to download it, I'm hit with error code 0072916. Am I screwed, or will this resolve itself? The support page stated that I simply needed to try again later. But idk, kinda pissed that I can't download a game I just bought.

Velcro Fly

Ugh that GameXplain video is so tempting to watch but I'm not sure if I want to or not. I've seen the entire main game pretty much despite never having played it.

Also what exactly goes in to 100% completion of the game?

eternalb

Ugh that GameXplain video is so tempting to watch but I'm not sure if I want to or not. I've seen the entire main game pretty much despite never having played it.

Also what exactly goes in to 100% completion of the game?

Puzzle Pieces, KONG Letters, Completing Time Trials, and beating the game on Mirror Mode, IIRC

Keys

Tip for who's waiting the code from Nintendo for the so many games promotion, log in to your club nintendo page and the code should be there.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Man, I cannot get to a WiFi connection in time to Download it, I started work today at 6.30 so got up at 5 am to get ready, the last thing on my mind was DLing the game from home,
I am off to my GF's tonight and wanted to play it on the train Journey (1hr 40 Mins)

I suppose i can pop into a retail shop and Purchase it.

I just really wanted a Download copy to take on the go.

or Just wait until Sunday Night when I am back home. (cave story 3D until then)

Katzii

My local GAME were nice enough to give me the free pre-order bonuses, after not being able to give me the one for Luigi's Mansion 2 (which the site itself sent me one of). The keyring and bag will go nicely with the DKCR T-shirt from the Wii original pre-order.

I'm waiting until I get my three games and downloading this as my free.

Madouu

Downloaded it at midnight while packing my suitcases, will play on the plane!

Easy mode is a pretty nice addition, my girlfriend played the game for quite a while. I don't think she would have with the original's difficulty.

I plan on picking this up after work. I played about hour or so of the Wii version and liked it. It will make a nice addition to the library.

BowieZ

Banned
It does look gorgeous and I feel sorry for those with a hyperperception of fps.

Though at the moment still a bit disappointed co-op isn't through download play using one cart... for a port.

Slid a preorder in at Bestbuy for the Lost Levels bonus. Also had a reward zone certificate so I got it cheap. Can't wait to play!

Torraz

Shopto is awesome.

They sent out the game on Wednesday and it arrived today. I live in the Netherlands. I thought i would be extremely lucky to receive the game tomorrow. Else I would have had to wait until Tuesday at the earliest.

Top Bottom