• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DONKEY KONG: JUNGLE BEAT -- 56k no!

king zell

9407.jpg

10512.jpg

10513.jpg

10511.jpg

10509.jpg

10514.jpg

10515.jpg

10518.jpg

10524.jpg

10526.jpg

10522.jpg

10523.jpg

10519.jpg

10520.jpg

10521.jpg

10527.jpg

10525.jpg

this has got to be one of the most... "different" style nintendo games recently, in both style and play mechanics. love the sleeping chicken/plant thing... and they sure love the fur it seems!
edit: and some sort of hippo-parachute??

john2kx said:
i don't even know what genre this is...

it uses the drums, right? for how much of the game?
It's a platformer. at last E3, right bongo moved you right, left move you left, both jumped, and clap attacked. But supposedly there will be another type of control that doesnt use the bongos also.

can you have sex with a videogame and survive?

humanity does not yet know the answer. but i will find out on december 16th.

Kobun Heat said:
can you have sex with a videogame and survive?

humanity does not yet know the answer. but i will find out on december 16th.

Dude, I'm sorry for your disability. The gamecube disk is very small, as is the hole in the middle of the disk. Of course, this explains why you're having sex with a game and not a person....... :D

Or are you just speaking of an alternate method of beating the bongos? :)

I like how they're handling the side scrolling gameplay camera setup, where the part of the landscape facing you is actually the inside of whatever the object is, eg the rock face under the grass, or inside the rocks itself. neat.
and dont forget these guys!
10502.jpg

10501.jpg

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
i think the first time i saw a sleep bubble in a game was Chrono Trigger, with that guy under the street lamp at the end of time.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
dk_jb01.jpg

dk_jb02.jpg

:lol

Sorry, I'm just amusing myself.

This one is just begging for a photoshop of some sort...

10519.jpg

Mashing

I don't know what's sadder... Nintendo putting phallic symbols in their games, or the people who look for that shit

Mashing said:
I don't know what's sadder... Nintendo putting phallic symbols in their games, or the people who look for that shit
I don't think people were like "Hey, new pics of Jungle Beat! Let me see if I can find any penii." They just sort of jump out at you.

Kobun Heat said:
I don't think people were like "Hey, new pics of Jungle Beat! Let me see if I can find any penii." They just sort of jump out at you.

actually, im sorry to say that you're wrong. Thats exactly what i said.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
This game looks hot. Is it february or march for US ? :(

Need to import PAL konga to tide me over. :)

MattCoz

this has got to be one of the most... "different" style nintendo games recently, in both style and play mechanics.
I believe its from the new Nintendo Tokyo studio, they're supposed to focus on "different" styles.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
In a 10 day period in Australia we have

-Donkey Konga
- Paper Mario
_ Pikmin 2

All coming out! then jungle beat plus my Xbox back log!!!

I need more time and some extra cash would help!

There's a strange feeling coming from between my legs.....

Jungle Beat was my E3 game of the show, and it actually looks like there is even more variety in the game now. The wait is killing me.

This game looks really cool! Been looking forward to a sequel (of sorts) to the DKC trilogy.

My only question is how exactly do you do a running jump? I can only imagine doing a jump while DK is standing still. Or do you just hit the right drum really fast and continue hitting as you hit the left drum to doing a running jump?

Prospero

Mega Man's Electric Sheep said:
What is with the huge Donkey Kong in the bottom left hand corner in some of the shots?

It looks similar to Katamari Damacy, in which the character you control is too small for you to make out any detail when seen in its environment. So a larger copy of the character in a corner displays facial expressions, etc.

Red Dolphin said:
This game looks really cool! Been looking forward to a sequel (of sorts) to the DKC trilogy.

My only question is how exactly do you do a running jump? I can only imagine doing a jump while DK is standing still. Or do you just hit the right drum really fast and continue hitting as you hit the left drum to doing a running jump?
i would say youve probly got it dead on. smash the right as fast as you can with both hands, then just before you need to jump, keep whackin the right, and smack the left one and watch the damn monkey fly. or something...

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I too must express my love for this game. God I hope NOA localizes it quickly in order to take advantage of the DK: Bongos buying spree at the moment.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Deg said:
C-E have posted them as well. Only slightly better quality
Slightly better quality?

From CE (68.07 KB):
25.jpg

From GU-V (72.84 KB):
10510.jpg

The higher jpeg compression is obvious in the CE image. It's most obvious around the edges of that pig balloon... thingy.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
worldrunover said:
Actually those shots look EXACTLY the same.
You’re blind... hell you can even right click the images like I did an see the difference in file size... and yes society, they both have terrible compression. Nintendo and other developers/publishers should stop using jpegs for screenshots and instead use pngs.

Anyway, all that image quality stuff aside; this game is now one of my most anticipated. It looks like nothing but pure fun.

Grubdog

Banned
Do The Mario said:
In a 10 day period in Australia we have

-Donkey Konga
- Paper Mario
_ Pikmin 2

All coming out! then jungle beat plus my Xbox back log!!!

I need more time and some extra cash would help!
10 days? try 20 days. Paper Mario doesn't come out til November 18. :p

Kon Tiki

Banned
Deg said:
Yeah C-E's is further compressed. WOnder what the press kit pictures are like.

Compressed
10511.jpg

Press Kit
i_5397.jpg

Compressed
10523.jpg

Press Kit
i_5398.jpg

Compressed
10514.jpg

Press Kit
i_5399.jpg

Compressed
10525.jpg

Press Kit
i_5400.jpg

Compressed
10526.jpg

Press Kit
i_5401.jpg

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
yeah, the difference is clear. colours are much more vibrant in the press kit pictures.

Top Bottom