• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat: Neat game or one of the best off 2005?

Speevy

Banned
I'm going for the latter.

Tell me how you think this game will be received by critics and gamers alike. Everyone seemed to be raving about this game after E3, which is interesting considering the other "novel" games like Odama and Geist weren't getting nearly as much buzz.

Also, will you be buying it?

Speevy

Banned
Wario64 said:
It won't be received well in NPD charts, that's for sure

Screw the NPD charts. The last full year of a console is the time to release the really interesting games.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
It's way too early to try to make that kind of judgement. It was very cool at E3- enough so that that small trial will make it a purchase for me, but more than that is unknown right now.

Speevy

Banned
Matt called it "spectacular" in the latest mailbag.

Like I said, I think there's MUCH more to the game than meets the eye.

Kon Tiki

Banned
A game is only as good as it sales.

:lol

Ya right.

I am looking forward to this game. The bongos are already available, why not use them for more games. I hope Odama uses the bingos too.

GDJustin

Society said:
I am looking forward to this game. The bongos are already available, why not use them for more games. I hope Odama uses the bingos too.

It does use the bingos

(sorry, I couldn't resist).

Seriously though, it does.

GDJustin

Society said:
hehe

Cool. Odama, Jungle Beat, Konga. 3 games is worth a new periphial imo.

You edited your initial post, making mine look rediculous. Change it back!

On second thought, that would make THIS post look rediculous. Damn you!

Speevy

Banned
What exactly is wrong with this thread? I asked if you guys thought the game would be good. Did the lack of sales numbers, screenshots, or review scores screw with the balance again?

Speevy said:
What exactly is wrong with this thread? I asked if you guys thought the game would be good. Did the lack of sales numbers, screenshots, or review scores screw with the balance again?

"Neat game or one of the best of 2005?"

Yeah, I think it'll be good. However, it's kind of hard to answer that question without having played the game, don't you think?

Speevy

Banned
No kidding, but I'm obviously hyped about it. I think DKJB will be great, else I wouldn't have started a thread abou tit.

OMG this games is the suxor AM I RITE>!

[/drinky]

---

PS I will get it. I'm such a big fan of Nintendo's useless peripherals, and hey! Three games is better than what R.O.B. had. =/

Kobun Heat said:
No. A better reason is if you have something of substance to say.

Speevy yakkity yaks a streak
and setsanewstandardforwasting your time of day
But Kobun Heat will never speak
unless he has something to say!

Speevy

Banned
People start hype threads all the time.

Want screenshots? We've seen them.

Want a video? There's only one, and we've seen it.

I just wanted to talk about a game.

I really like the concept behind it and I'm getting it the day it comes out. I think there's really something special about this game, and I believe it will be one of the best of 2005.

In addition, what's its Japan release date and what are your predictions as far as Famitsu scores?

When will we be getting new media?

Speevy

Banned
JackFrost2012 said:
Speevy yakkity yaks a streak
and setsanewstandardforwasting your time of day
But Kobun Heat will never speak
unless he has something to say!

The third line lacks rhythm.

Sho Nuff

Banned
Speevy said:
The third line lacks rhythm.

beavis2.jpg

"At least I try, you just sit there on your ass and make me do all the work!"

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
My opinion is that this game will rock. You got Takao Shimizu (DK 94 Director) and Yoshiaki Koizumi (Majora's Mask, Super Mario Sunshine) working on their first GameCube game under Nintendo Tokyo? Should be awesome.

Oh btw. Who ever gave me this tag, thanx. Definitely one of the coolest GA tags. I earned it though.. been real loyal to GA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Odama doesn't really use the bongos for anything spectacular. It just raises morale when you beat on them =/ sounds gimmicky.

Flynn

The Punch Out-style boss battle in Jungle Beat was pure genius.

I know the comparison isn't perfect (since Nintendo develops as well as publishes), but they may just become the Criterion Collection of video games.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
JackFrost2012 said:
Speevy, you need to check yourself ... before you wreck yourself.
+10 million Ali G. show reference

Also, let the record show that I think this game will kick all kinds of ass, but that this thread is also pretty silly.

Top Bottom