• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donkey Konga Survey @ Nintendo.com: Expansion Packs On The Way?

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Nintendo.com has a brief survey up concerning Donkey Konga, with one of the questions possibly relating to expansions:

Thinking about the scenario where Nintendo introduces a different version of the Donkey Konga video game including new songs within the next three to six months, how likely are you to buy or receive this new version of this video game?

So, if you want to convince Nintendo to release more songs (I know I do), take the survey, damn it!

Memles

scola said:
I told them the bongos rawk and teh grafix suck.

I personally emphasized the strength of the bongos in terms of future game titles, and said that the songlist was its biggest fault, as that may make it more likely they see the need for further song packs.

snapty00

Banned
The expansions are already going to be released. This polls exists merely for PR reasons; when they're released, Nintendo can stick a nice "we listen to the fans" statement in the press release.

Chony

Here is what they need:

Led Zeppelin - Moby Dick
Led Zeppelin - Bron y'ur Stomp
RJD2 - Ghostwriter
DJ Shadow - Organ Donor
Classical - Carmina Burana
Pink Floyd - One of these Days
Beatles - Here Comes the Sun
CCR - Heard it through the Grapevine
Air - Talisman
Crystal Method - Keep Hope Alive

BuddyC

I got the PAL version today and I'm really enjoying it much more than the American version. The songs just seem to fit better.

Genuinely licensed songs would be nice too. Some of the covers in Konga were just really...meh.

BuddyChrist83 said:
I got the PAL version today and I'm really enjoying it much more than the American version. The songs just seem to fit better.

Genuinely licensed songs would be nice too. Some of the covers in Konga were just really...meh.

Good to hear it! I just read your PM. Nice transaction :D I've been playing the US one too, and while I still prefer the PAL one, its good to have both (not to mention 2 sets of bongos!)...

I'll be all over any expansion packs definately!

human5892

Queen of Denmark
snapty00 said:
The expansions are already going to be released. This polls exists merely for PR reasons; when they're released, Nintendo can stick a nice "we listen to the fans" statement in the press release.
Is this just a gut feeling, or do you have some information that the rest of us don't?

Anyway, if it's true, consider me ecstatic. Although I wonder how much the expansions would cost...I'd say anything over $20 or $30 (depending on the songs) is too much.

Alcibiades

this is going to break 500,000 easily in a few months time...

I wouldn't be surprised by a million in sales lifetime...

as a word-of-mouth hit, it was really been getting a lot of attention...

BuddyC

efralope said:
as a word-of-mouth hit, it was really been getting a lot of attention...

Yup. And they did it all without any television ads or in-store kiosks to garner attention. Those sly bastards.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
impirius said:
Maybe I'll have to fill it out again.. I forgot to plead for My Sharona

just get taiko ;)

EDIT:eek:oops this wouldmake a whole lot more sense if I had actually quote Mr.7s here.

M3wThr33

Banned
I said I liked the bongos and hated "other." Sadly it didn't ask and they pretend as if the lack of difficulty isn't an issue.

impirius

the artist formerly known as UCB said:
just get taiko ;)

EDIT:eek:oops this wouldmake a whole lot more sense if I had actually quote Mr.7s here.
Whoa, I must've missed that when I was glancing through Taiko's song list... sweet! That bit of information makes my day.

Waiting for DK and Taiko to come out is worse for me than waiting for the 'big' games like Halo 2 and MP2. Maybe it's just a pent-up urge to hit stuff.

M3wThr33 said:
I said I liked the bongos and hated "other." Sadly it didn't ask and they pretend as if the lack of difficulty isn't an issue.

You've finished Jam mode on all 3 difficulties? Man you must rock.

human5892 said:
Is this just a gut feeling, or do you have some information that the rest of us don't?

Anyway, if it's true, consider me ecstatic. Although I wonder how much the expansions would cost...I'd say anything over $20 or $30 (depending on the songs) is too much.

Common sense alone can deduce it. It's like that GBA Video survey from a few months ago. This was followed by official confirmation that 90-minute carts will be released next year.

aoi tsuki

i need to email them and tell them to get Sergio Mendes's "Mas Que Nada" on the expansion. It was on the Japanese version and not the US? Licensing? Focus groups? i want answers...

Done!

It's true that word of mouth is gonna carry this title. I had my roomate and his girlfriend try it and they loved it. She loved it so much she's considering buying a Cube and a copy of the game to play with her parents. Her dad is a big fan of latin music.

Dave Long

Banned
snapty00 said:

You are clearly a miserable, cynical person.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
ManDudeChild said:
Common sense alone can deduce it. It's like that GBA Video survey from a few months ago. This was followed by official confirmation that 90-minute carts will be released next year.
I don't know...I think those video carts were more of a sure thing than Donkey Konga expansions -- the kids love them some Spongebob, but Donkey Konga is more of a niche thing.

Still, I hope you're right.

Alcibiades

Donkey Konga can seriously outsell the whole GBA-Video unit sales combined this Christmas IMO...

It's not as niche a title as you may think...

Definitely up for a Donkey Konga Vol 2. I'm hoping that we will see one. NOA must be taking into serious consideration, if they're making a survey about it.

Top Bottom