• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbd23

Fnatic will 2-1 Secret
mozz_shopkeep.gif
mozz_shopkeep.gif

Envy's need to force the issue and overconfidence reminds me a lot of Loda, sometimes it pays off for them and sometimes they completely fuck their teams with it. I only came into the scene around ti3, what was no tidehunter like when you had both of those two on the same team?

EE played 5 position support on NTH.

patchday

Can anyone tell me where this comes from? Noticed a gaf poster in this thread using it.

image.php

Downloaded Reborn. Wow, nice fancy new UI. I think the new bot-assisted tutorial is new right? I went and completed that just incase there was something I didn't know and learned how to use the courier service, etc. Still need to finish reading the DOTA2 newbie guide though. Only half way through it. Although- I'm planning to do the custom games in Reborn though rather than the main game type.

Shinypogs

EE played 5 position support on NTH.

I've heard that much but it wouldn't necessarily stop him from yoloing if the mood struck. Obviously it wouldn't have had the same impact and people probably wouldn't have died trying to save him but the general action is the same.

Which isn't to say I don't love a good yoloing support every now and again. I recall EGM solo relocating into the enemy base to get a pickoff just because he could back in the day.

I was just wondering if there were times where NTH had to deal with both Envy and Loda being a bit too eager to make a ballsy move and costing them a fight or game.

patchday

goddammit, missed most of the matches because i had to SLEEP. Sleeping, always getting in the dang way. Hopefully there's at least one more before they stop for the day :(

I just tuned in to the stream. This just blows my socks off to see how professional all of this looks. I want them to get started though!

I can tell ya: It's a set I made for legion commander, you can see the full thing here: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=447536053

That looks awesome! Still trying to figure out how dota 2 works. I gather the community can submit new skins. I just voted for you and added it to my favorites. Amazing artwork

KingKong

Cloud 9 hasn't even gotten second place since the roster change, but I don't know, they're obviously not a top tier team but if they finish 6th or better at TI5 that's still pretty damn good

I've heard that much but it wouldn't necessarily stop him from yoloing if the mood struck. Obviously it wouldn't have had the same impact and people probably wouldn't have died trying to save him but the general action is the same.

Which isn't to say I don't love a good yoloing support every now and again. I recall EGM solo relocating into the enemy base to get a pickoff just because he could back in the day.

I was just wondering if there were times where NTH had to deal with both Envy and Loda being a bit too eager to make a ballsy move and costing them a fight or game.

Hmm, not that I remember. It's been a while but I remember EE playing a very sacrificial type of support. He was stacking a lot (NTH kind of started that metagame of picking Sven + Magnus, stacking the whole jungle with one support, and then clearing out all the stacks to get your Sven super strong) and usually pretty underleveled and underfarmed. Akke was usually playing the 4 position.

edit: Here's a tournament writeup about DH Winter 2012, the first LAN that NTH attended (and subsequently won): http://www.liquiddota.com/forum/dota-2-general/453565-dh-tide-waits-for-no-man

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Cloud 9 hasn't even gotten second place since the roster change, but I don't know, they're obviously not a top tier team but if they finish 6th or better at TI5 that's still pretty damn good

I don't understand the absolutely devoted fans they have. There just isn't anything unique in that team it is the definition of mediocre. Even if secret lose they lose trying new things.

Shinypogs

Hmm, not that I remember. It's been a while but I remember EE playing a very sacrificial type of support. He was stacking a lot (NTH kind of started that metagame of picking Sven + Magnus, stacking the whole jungle with one support, and then clearing out all the stacks to get your Sven super strong) and usually pretty underleveled and underfarmed. Akke was usually playing the 4 position.

edit: Here's a tournament writeup about DH Winter 2012, the first LAN that NTH attended (and subsequently won): http://www.liquiddota.com/forum/dota-2-general/453565-dh-tide-waits-for-no-man

Ooh ty ^-^

KingKong

I don't understand the absolutely devoted fans they have. There just isn't anything unique in that team it is the definition of mediocre. Even if secret lose they lose trying new things.

I was a huge fan when it was EE, SingSing, bone7, pie and aui but I don't feel anything towards this new roster

Speed Gaming with Rtz still the best team and their whole journey and beating DK at MLG was better than TI3 finals in my mind

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
I was a huge fan when it was EE, SingSing, bone7, pie and aui but I don't feel anything towards this new roster

Speed Gaming with Rtz still the best team and their whole journey and beating DK at MLG was better than TI3 finals in my mind

I feel like people hold on to that tournament. It was magical but that was like 3 years ago, let it go.

I mean that's only true if you class top tier as just the top 3 or 4 in the world. I mean I'd say being a top 8 team in the world is still top tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom