• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there actually a hero who has an advantage mid against OD ? pugna ?

Can't imagine Pugna, he just gets all his mana removed and OD doesn't care about the ward that much because of his aura. Some non-intelligence hero that doesn't rely on spells to get last hits, Lone Druid could do okay.

Is there a most valued list of heroes?

Batrider.png

Hylian7

Wouldn't Nyx be a counter to OD with Mana Void?

Even then, these heroes have to cast in the first place to do their counter to him, and if OD starts imprisioning them from level 1, no fun for them. Basically you aren't doing shit to OD unless you have someone else come from another lane to gank him.

The only real "counters" to him in lane are things that are right-click reliant, like a Lone Druid, maybe Axe (Battle Hunger does cost mana, but you can spam that once you recover you mana back when you go for runes and stuff). You could probably also say Kunkka if you max Tidebringer. OD doesn't have much health, so he has problems dealing with something like that. Of course, this is the very reason I like to rush a Mek on him. Also Huskar would be another good counter to him, as he only has one spell that uses mana and it's his heal: Something he can use Urn charges and bottle charges instead of until he gets his Int back.

Try husk, lone druid, sniper, blood seeker, lich. I don't play mid often but those heroes seem to me to be good picks against OD.

OD can't do shit against two targets with astral, so lone druid is good. Husk doesn't need mana and his orb effect is just crazy good right now so he can trade hits pretty easy with od. His magic resist also makes him good against OD's ult. Sniper could out harass od if you priortize range and buy a ward to put on his side. Blood Seeker won't kill OD but he can stay in lane with last hits, Lich just wins against everyone with sacrifice automatically.

TommyT

One thing to note vs OD. When the int he steals returns, the mana you have stays % based. So let's say OD stole a ton of your int. You now have a max mana pool of 100. Let's say you drink your bottle until you have 100/100 mana (a full bar, if you will). When that int he stole returns, you still have a full mana bar.

edit: At least, I think that's how it works. Been awhile since I played vs him and remember someone bringing it up during a cast.

Calidor

As a rule of thumb, if you can't out-harrass try to out-farm. Kunkka is a fairly good option, maybe even a Lanaya can do the job. Lich with mass denys is really good too

Although one of the biggest problems with OD mid is rune whoring

Guesong

Can't say how good this feels to play with a stable, new internet connexion.

For too long (dating back in HoN) I randomly dc/ed right before a crucial fight! For too long I dc/ed for 2 minutes, costing me precious experience and my team a support! What choice did I have then but to simply not play this team game?

Well no longer!

For today is the day that I am reborn with a new cable 20mbs connexion, and as such you kind fellows will see me much more active.

Hope to play with y'alls!

Ultrabum

One thing to note vs OD. When the int he steals returns, the mana you have stays % based. So let's say OD stole a ton of your int. You now have a max mana pool of 100. Let's say you drink your bottle until you have 100/100 mana (a full bar, if you will). When that int he stole returns, you still have a full mana bar.

edit: At least, I think that's how it works. Been awhile since I played vs him and remember someone bringing it up during a cast.

Ya that's how it works, it's just like tread switching.

I'm pretty terrible with OD so take my impressions with a grain of salt but I find myself having a lot of trouble with heroes with 600 range with their right click. Astral Imprisonment and and his right click have fairly low ranges so you can effectively dance in and out of his range while throwing damage. Last time I played OD, I got killed by Disruptor who would nuke me and back away when I even got close to getting in range of him.

Filth

I'm pretty terrible with OD so take my impressions with a grain of salt but I find myself having a lot of trouble with heroes with 600 range with their right click. Astral Imprisonment and and his right click have fairly low ranges so you can effectively dance in and out of his range while throwing damage. Last time I played OD, I got killed by Disruptor who would nuke me and back away when I even got close to getting in range of him.

Steal all of his int and then he can't ball nuke you.

I'm a little surprised at Skywrath being picked so rarely. I remember teams picking him up fairly frequently when he got introduced into CM.

As to how to beat OD mid: Go for Kunkka and level up Tidebringer. It's really that easy.

So Batrider is that dude apparently. I have never seen him in a game.

Bat is one of those heroes you hardly ever see in pubs, let alone played well, but are flat out broken in the hands of professionals and coordinated teams. As I said earlier in this thread, he is basically Pudge without any of his weaknesses. Bat offers a HUGE initiation range combined with a 4 seconds BKB-piercing disable combined with ignoring terrain combined with an initiation that is not based on an unreliable skill shot but on a reliable single target disable. Also, he's virtually impossible to lane against because of the stupid 70% turn rate reduction Napalm offers. If you go in for last hits, you'll eat stacks of Sticky Napalm and are at a risk of getting dived by a Flamebreak + Firefly combo that is straight up unsurvivable early game unless you have a reliable escape. Batrider is a master of all trades and pretty close to being broken in his current state frankly.

Glix

268x268.resizedimage

Blotto & Stick by mop & spacemonkey (penelope pig)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=161982972
http://youtu.be/eFn91_Gs4zc

WTF drunken jew courier?
Jesus modelers this is fucking sad.

Wow someone stole my image and posted on reddit. I'm reddit famous!

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/1it2s4/a_list_of_heroes_who_were_neither_picked_nor/

This comment is somewhat offensive to some of us. (not trying to pile on, didn't realize it was already discussed)

Low Tier
The only heroes that could match up with OD mid are Syllabear, and like Timbersaw.(maybe?)

That hero is a guaranteed won midlane if he doesn't get ganked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom