• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

If anything the recent roster clusterfuck shows, players could end up anywhere regardless of any bad blood or past performance.

Unless he's permanently content with losing to tier 4 teams in his current squad, i'd go easy on the public show of butthurt anytime a former team/teammate of his doesn't perform.

Players and management will always be watching.

yes, indeed. but I think as RTZ has shown us, there is no such thing as a burned bridge if you have sufficient talent.

chances to increase financial income with a player > pride.

shira

DjhcCx9.gif

Fuck the hat dude, get a ball cap or something

Ayeseeeee deserves an invite.

Way more enjoyable to listen to than Odpixel and that single cell organism will probably get an invite to Ti.

Artanisix

this post from reddit is actually triggering me im going to have to go bagel some breadsticks to cool off

Im the opposite. I loved that style of play.

The problem for me is, my brains are hard-wired for efficieny. Whatever I do I always try to find the most efficient way out of. So finishing games as fast as possible became a goal for me(to maximize MMR) gains, and I gained a large amount of enjoyment when I invented a strat I could quickly win games with.

With DotA before I could innovate and come up with new pushing strats on the fly. Strats no one has even tried in pro games before, and they work, because they're so unexcepted.

With comeback mechanics, DotA completely threw this out of the oven. What could have been a 20 min game became 40 min game, and so on. Individual hero picks matter more. This means I can no longer pick a hero that I like, I must pick a hero that fits the team's composition. And if I pick a hero that my teammate doesn't know am going to play something out of the meta or what they are not accustomed to.

This forced meta(akin to something from LoL) has now led to the point where only teamfightning heroes are viable. And consequently it also means that the game is now more focused on picking than before, which reduces the amount of flavour and fun that can be had in the game. As opposed to previously crafting strats on the fly.
In short, DotA is more of a teamfight simulator(think LoL or HotS) than ever before. Because only teamfights matter more and more. If this is the direction that DotA is going, then it's very worrying.

Already, the amount of games I play a day have dropped significantly, because each game is not exhausting. Im also someone who believes in what is fair, which means something like comeback mechanics is extremenely unfair for me as a person. The only way I can motivate myself to play is by playing carries while still putting pressure on the map and having 0 deaths. I do not enjoy a game if I won just "barely;" I want to completely outplay and dominate my opponents and feel like I can win even if in the end I throw a couple of deaths.

Low Tier
GOT MY DICK WET IN SOME DUMB SKANK

PANTIES WET LIKE A FISH TANK

WHEN I MAKE DEPOSITS I BREAK THE BANK

WHEN I QUEUE I QUEUE SOLO RANKED

KFJDA8FJDA9FJ 9j9fjd

wish me luck team im going to DIE

shira

- 3 matches
***expect major delays and lag

Tentative start time:
t1461470400z1.png