• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

Hopefully OG will not be in TI form.
thinking.gif

why is Odd in NA?

Guru-Guru

Banned
I'm digging having 18 teams for the group stage. And for the first time since TI2, I'll actually be living back in the same time zone as Seattle, so I can watch most of the games.

Chris R

SEA gets THREE invites? EH.................. IDK

I know they don't have a direct invite, but don't know if they deserve three invites.

edit: CIS 2nd and NA 3rd should do a Bo3 for the spot taken by 3rd SEA.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hopefully OG will not be in TI form.
thinking.gif

why is Odd in NA?
Odd still plays out of North America, and have been playing in North America for like 18 months now, just changing their name twice.

SEA gets THREE invites? EH.................. IDK

I know they don't have a direct invite, but don't know if they deserve three invites.

edit: CIS 2nd and NA 3rd should do a Bo3 for the spot taken by 3rd SEA.

Sea also has not Invited Team, so 3 invites kinda makes since.

I am pretty happy they are getting rid of the wild card, and just incorporating the extra teams into the round robin.

Sea also has not Invited Team, so 3 invites kinda makes since.

Not when you consider how weak any teams other than Faceless and TNC are. Clutch had a good run in qualifiers but got absolutely stomped at every LAN they went to, and Fnatic has the name recognition but continuously fails to win qualifiers.

Chris R

Anyone have an idea why my typing would quit mid match???

Spell and item hot keys still worked, but I couldn't type at all

dotos way of telling me to use my fucking mic and stop playing non-ranked where I get matched against people 1k mmr above me?

shira

Dates of Interest
Next Steam Sale (? speculated date)
t1498150800z4.png

BTS TI Machine Regional Qualifier Hub
t1498410000z4.png

TI @ Key Arena starts
t1502125200z4.png

Pro Dota Results
- Jun 18 TI7: OG, iG, EG, VP, NB, TL invited to LAN
- Jun 18 Summit 7: 1. VP 2. Secret 3. LGD
- Jun 17 Galaxy Battle: 1. NB 2. Odd 3. TNC
- Jun 11 EPICENTER: 1. TL 2. EG 3. LFY/Secret
- Jun 3 Zotac: 1. NB 2. NP 3. iGV/fnatic
The International 2017
DCqY3fxU0AAZciN.jpg

Jun 22-25 TI7 Open Qualifier (random coverage)
Jun 26-29 TI7 Regional Qualifier (full coverage)
Aug 1-3 Group Stages (? speculated dates)
Aug 7-12
TI7 LAN Seattle, USA
$15.9M and rising
18: OG, iG, EG, TL, NB, VP, 12 TBD
Emoticon_aegis_2017.gif
kunk-rum.gif

J2d

Can't u buy chests on the market for a chance to win one? How is it so expensive?... I want one, haven't three stared a single chapter :(

Airan

What a difference 100 mmr makes. Plunged back into 3.8k and every carry under the sun tilts at the first death. Then they afk gg ez -25.

My god. What' are the FoTM picks aside from Bristle? I might just spam that guy.

Chris R

Also, for TI, it says "Double Elimination" but surely they mean the same setup as last year and not a TRUE double elimination setup right?

fr0st

Banned
Also, for TI, it says "Double Elimination" but surely they mean the same setup as last year and not a TRUE double elimination setup right?
Are you talking about grand finals?

Or starting the main event with teams already in the losers bracket?

shira

There's not enough time to do a 16 team, 6 day full Bo3 double elimination bracket unless it's a Bo1 format

Aside from TI4 Lower Bracket has lately been Bo1 for the first round LB

Chris R

There's not enough time to do a 16 team, 6 day full Bo3 double elimination bracket unless it's a Bo1 format

Aside from TI4 Lower Bracket has lately been Bo1 for the first round LB

Ya, I'm guessing it's the exact same format from last year, but that isn't a true double elimination.

Whatever tho

shira

https://twitter.com/StudAnal/status/876841381955686400 said:
Студия Аналитики‏ @StudAnal

The International 7 KBU:
@WagaGaming, @just_NS, @JustXBOCT, @DreadiSbaCk, @vovapaindota2
DCsqijzXgAAQiMu.jpg

Chris R

Well I'm back to the never ever going to win a fucking game again phase of dota ugh

Tinker with 19k net worth in a 70 min game

Also, fuck 70 min games

edit: The Fantasy tab in Open Dota is neat. Formula needs tweaking though, 16 obs shouldn't be worth more points than 26 kills.

Top Bottom