• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zenless Zone Zero | Review Thread

Doom85

Just like HSR, already dropped $200 on the game. Hopefully this one sticks. :messenger_grinning_sweat::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Jim Carrey Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

begotten

I got baited. Fuck Sony. Their store only had monochrome which I bought a bunch of before playing, but it's a currency that the game shits out anyways.

So I had to spend more buying the actual summon currency.

Then I had to buy all the beginner packs and capped promotions.

Then I had to buy the upgraded Battle Pass for the City Fund.

You could say it's a me problem but I blame Sony.

bender

What time is it?
I got baited. Fuck Sony. Their store only had monochrome which I bought a bunch of before playing, but it's a currency that the game shits out anyways.

So I had to spend more buying the actual summon currency.

Then I had to buy all the beginner packs and capped promotions.

Then I had to buy the upgraded Battle Pass for the City Fund.

You could say it's a me problem but I blame Sony.
goose-monocle.gif

Editing this post so people don't miss out on some freebies.

These redemption codes can be used once you've created your character and reach inter-knot level 4 or 5:
Rewards will show up in your in-game mail box. Enjoy!
Trying to do this now but it says there is no character on the server which is weird because I have completed the first mission at level 4.

I noticed a redeem code thing in-game somewhere, maybe I can do it there?

Last edited:

Doom85

Trying to do this now but it says there is no character on the server which is weird because I have completed the first mission at level 4.

I noticed a redeem code thing in-game somewhere, maybe I can do it there?

You have to be level 5 or higher to redeem the codes regardless. So just play a little while longer.

The monetization is pulling for character/weapon banners that are renewed periodically. None of them is necessary to play the full game, though. Still, it triggers a lot of folks who pay for remasters, season passes, and cosmetic packs at 45 USD.
The anti-gacha cultists have never understood that gamers play games, not business models. Real gamers cannot give less of a fuck how a game is monetized, if it's good they will play it

This is also an issue for the Gamepassers, they are also out there playing business models instead of games and it's not working well for them or Microsoft

Last edited:
Yea it has plenty of style but a shame the characters dialogue and voices are all annoying which seems to be the norm for these games. And seeing the combat cues can sometimes be difficult with the amount of flashy effects going on too.

Comandr

Honestly? The game is pretty good. I didn’t much care for Genshin but I did enjoy my time with HSR and ZZZ seems like a step up from both in both gameplay and presentation. HoYo is really impressing me lately.

Combat is fun. That’s it. The gameplay loop is straight garbage. So much boring dialogue. Entering the “HDD” is such a slog. I tried giving the game a fair shake. Even pulled two S character (the big bear and the chick with the electro pistol), but I’m just not feeling it.

Top Bottom