• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Origins |OT| Letting The Fade fade out of memory

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Oh my, the OP is the greatest ever.

Had the Deluxe'O'Version pre-ordered via Steam since it was available. Cannot wait to lose myself for months in this game.

bengraven

I upgraded from 1 day delivery (would arrive two days after release) to same day on Amazon. I'm NOT letting you bastards ruin anything for me.

Crisco said:
When can I play a game that looks and plays like that "Sacred Ashes" trailer?

CG trailers are always at least 2 generations away. :lol

Llyranor

Himuro said:
OMG I just realized that they actually scored DA one more point than Oblivion! Better than Oblivion???? I don't think I've realized until now how awesome this game is going to be. Maybe I'm still in shock, but I still have a lot of trouble picturing how a RPG could possibly be better than Oblivion. I mean, I could understand how some reviewer could call it RPG of the decade if Oblivion hadn't been released this decade. But... it has, and DA scored 1 pt higher than it. I still can't figure out how this is possible. Wow, /bow Bioware kings. You truly are the RPG kings.

To think that Oblivion might only be the 2nd best RPG of the decade. Best RPG decade ever.

Lord Phol

Great thread :lol , games looks interesting, but still not seeing the BG2 resemblance much at all. I'm in pretty firm believes that the new bioware just don't have it in them anymore.
Not that this game can't be fun, just think the whole trying to compare this to something like BG2 is silly.

The impressions will be interesting.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Llyranor said:
OMG I just realized that they actually scored DA one more point than Oblivion! Better than Oblivion???? I don't think I've realized until now how awesome this game is going to be. Maybe I'm still in shock, but I still have a lot of trouble picturing how a RPG could possibly be better than Oblivion. I mean, I could understand how some reviewer could call it RPG of the decade if Oblivion hadn't been released this decade. But... it has, and DA scored 1 pt higher than it. I still can't figure out how this is possible. Wow, /bow Bioware kings. You truly are the RPG kings.

To think that Oblivion might only be the 2nd best RPG of the decade. Best RPG decade ever.

Think of what makes Oblivion so great. For me it's the mods. Now watch the video on Giantbomb about the editor for Dragon age. It will be legendary, and better than Oblivion. And I LOVE Oblivion. I hate getting so hyped for stuff but I think this hype will be worth it.

Llyranor

RbBrdMan said:
Think of what makes Oblivion so great. For me it's the mods. Now watch the video on Giantbomb about the editor for Dragon age. It will be legendary, and better than Oblivion. And I LOVE Oblivion. I hate getting so hyped for stuff but I think this hype will be worth it.
If a game is BETTER than Oblivion, then the hype is true. DA is going to be epic!! Man, I can't believe I doubted Bioware because of the stupid PR. I never should have doubted the RPG kings!

bengraven

Llyranor said:

Don't you remember Jade Empire getting a 9 on IGN?

bengraven

Count of Monte Sawed-Off said:
9.9! The extra .9 was added for the awesome shooter minigame!

I can't wait until IGN gives DA a 9.5 and everyone goes insane. At that point, the irrelevance of IGN will be complete.

bengraven said:
I can't wait until IGN gives DA a 9.5 and everyone goes insane. At that point, the irrelevance of IGN will be complete.

That would be the perfect score. Just a little bit higher than BG2 and a good bit below Bioware's timeless classic, Jade Empire!

I still think Jade Empire is a good game, but it's easily Bioware's weakest. Well weakest not counting NWN which just wasn't for me.

bengraven

Count of Monte Sawed-Off said:
That would be the perfect score. Just a little bit higher than BG2 and a good bit below Bioware's timeless classic, Jade Empire!

1jpg.gif

Edit:
I agree - JE was a ton of fun, but when I beat it 10 hours later it was the most disappointing feeling I had ever had in a game to that point. I would love a JE2 that was 10x the size...the world is awesome; I wish more people would do wuxia-style games. Hands down one of my favorite game worlds.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Llyranor said:

Mwahahahahahaha

ksan

Llyranor said:

Ye, I think they'll need to add skill gains for jumping in DA to make it better than Oblivion though.

JayDubya

Banned
This thread crashed Firefox.

I think it nearly crashed my whole computer. :lol

I think that makes it obvious why I'm playing on the 360. This must be a secret benchmark or something.

Awesome thread! Man the wait for this has been pretty hard since getting to play it at comic-con for about an hour. Yet the more and more I see of it since then, the better it looks.

I hope this game sells a shit ton and glad to hear it takes a decent ammount of time to complete! :D As much as I loved Kotor and Mass Effect, those games were pretty damn barren when it came to content.

LCfiner

Gunstar said:
Worst OP ever, crashed Safari twice. Screw your unfunny animated GIFs.

Worked OK in safari for me. (10.6 - 64 bit)

I was shocked, actually. I fully expected Safari to explode but, nope, it handled it okay :lol

I've now come around to having to get this game next week at launch.

I think I'll go for a dwarf character on my first go around. I always tend to go for "human" characters and I want a change of pace for DA. Plus, I liked the funky dwarven armor I saw in the GB quicklook (360). "he looks like a toaster!"

Gunstar

Banned
randomwab said:
Why do I get the feeling that everyone complaining about the OP is a console peasant? :lol

Because people aren't used to be needing a gaming rig just to be able to view a thread. It's not that hard..

chico

Gunstar said:
Because people aren't used to be needing a gaming rig just to be able to view a thread. It's not that hard..

yeah right! get a decent PC instead of a overpriced mac that cant handle some animated Gifs... :lol

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
My old MacBook loaded the thread fine so your machines must be terrible if they can't handle such a small OP.

Gunstar

Banned
chico said:
yeah right! get a decent PC instead of a overpriced mac that cant handle some animated Gifs... :lol

PC has no games, and I rather work on this 4 year old Mac than touch anything Windows.

Minsc

Gold Member
Gunstar said:
PC has no games, and I rather work on this 4 year old Mac than touch anything Windows.

You're going to last real long in threads about windows games with that attitude.

Gunstar said:

Dude,wat? I'm console exclusive and I know that PC has a game for everything. You could probably find a nuclear powerp lant manager sim if you wanted.

Dynoro

Ikuu said:
My old MacBook loaded the thread fine so your machines must be terrible if they can't handle such a small OP.
So true; my work PC loads the OP with no troubles - let alone a gaming PC

randomwab said:
Why do I get the feeling that everyone complaining about the OP is a console peasant? :lol

I'm mainly a console guy with some moments of pc gaming (Risen, Tales of monkey Island, Witcher, etc) though this thread still reaks of awesome sauce. Not all console brethren are heritics!:lol

Owzers

randomwab said:

Well when you make an official thread of a multiplatform game and then spend some time laughing at console gamers instead of providing any information about the console versions......perks of being a moderator.

Thread should be renamed: Dragon Age: Origins l Official PC Thread l Console Peasants Beware.

that would be funny and fitting.

EDIT: I mostly overreacted, original post was well done even though it's strange to have an official thread with no info...but console jabs in offiical threads seem iffy.

bengraven said:
Caspel, we need more impressions. Even vague ones.

I'm with this guy! Honestly I am just curious how well this runs on the console. I'm loving what I'm hearing about the completion time. Granted it will probably be different for everyone but the fact that its longer then Kotor and Mass Effect puts a big smile on my face.

bengraven

sillymonkey321 said:
Well when you make an official thread of a multiplatform game and then spend some time laughing at console gamers instead of providing any information about the console versions......perks of being a moderator.

Relax kids, it's just a joke.

Twig

Banned
sillymonkey321 said:

Thread should be renamed: Dragon Age: Origins l Official PC Thread l Console Peasants Beware.

that would be funny and fitting.
Protip: you are inferior.

Also if you were being objective you'd note that it really doesn't provide any information about the PC version, either.

Live and learn, sillymonkey321.

Are people really going to turn this into a console/PC whine fest? Who fucking cares what you play it on, get it, play it, enjoy it.

Back on topic, I've got a massive gaming erection for this. As an Infinity Engine veteran, I hope I'm not hyping myself up too much.

Can I just step in and say I think the whole thread is awesome again and full of win. And I'm a console dude guys. So please, don't get butthurt in this thread, really its all about just the Dragon Age goodness, regardless of how you play it. :D

Top Bottom