• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 |OT| Just in Time for Super

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Do all PQs unlock as you complete more of them? How do you get the GT PQs? Also, how do you unlock the Glacier stage?

Ok, i just checked out the remixes of "We gotta power" and "Cha la Head Cha La" by Steve Aoki, in the game. And yeah.. They are not my cup of tea, to say it in kind words. Almost didn't recognized them lol. Wish they would sound more like the original ones, just modernized. But this is a little too much :)

But at least we can finally see a female SSJ3.

Dragonball Heroes showed female ssj 1-3 a long time ago =V

Cool! Thx! :D

A shame the SSJG can't be reached, but probably already enough overpowered with the SSJ3! :D

ssj3 actually isnt overpowered at all. Your ki pretty much cant come back due to the handicap so its only good for burst damage. Even then the damage boost isnt crazy significant. They choose fan service over actual high buff with high risk reward this time around. The saiyan transformations past ssj1 / future super saiyan wont make or break a battle despite how op ssj2 / 3 were in the show.

I personally dont want to see created characters able to reach god. It would just destroy the specialness of it if all of a sudden a jillion time patrollers have god essence power lol. Saiyans have enough transformations. Dimps needs to think of new ways to make the other races have some alternate transformations as well. this is xenoverse where majins take female forms and there are good guy frieza characters. Certainly they can do more with the other races to give them some love >.> The reason dragonball online, dragonball xenoverse and dragonball heroes exist is to do wacky out there stuff in this non canon connected universe of video games.

Please tell me there's something glaringly obvious about the Namek giant mode I'm missing

Because as of right now it sucks dick:

- You get super slow
- As a giant you will miss absolutely most of your hits, grabbing is near impossible too
- the stamina runs out in like 5 seconds, so you will only be in this mode for a couple of seconds. Maybe 10-15 with what I have in stamina.

The only upside is no staggering. But I'm not doing particularly more damage. This shit just straight up sucks. I mean I'll eventually make a Super Saiyan but until then I want a decent Namek.

Please tell me there's another 'super mode' that Namekians can use or I'll be genuinely disappointed.

Revven

Please tell me there's something glaringly obvious about the Namek giant mode I'm missing

Because as of right now it sucks dick:

- You get super slow
- As a giant you will miss absolutely most of your hits, grabbing is near impossible too
- the stamina runs out in like 5 seconds, so you will only be in this mode for a couple of seconds. Maybe 10-15 with what I have in stamina.

The only upside is no staggering. But I'm not doing particularly more damage. This shit just straight up sucks. I mean I'll eventually make a Super Saiyan but until then I want a decent Namek.

Please tell me there's another 'super mode' that Namekians can use or I'll be genuinely disappointed.

There isn't another exclusive awakening for them but you can use Kaioken or Unlocked Potential instead if you want.

However, the trick you're probably missing is that if you press L2 + Square (while the stick is directed at the opponent for movement, of course) you will perform a shoulder tackle. This shoulder tackle can be used for quick movement directly towards your opponent and pops them up into the air for you; setting them up for your four hit combo (square > square > square > triangle). The shoulder tackle's tracking is nuts and will almost always hit them, popping them up for you and it always pops them up to the right height so you can hit them.

They also have a back attack that hits people low on the ground and I believe forward + Triangle does a vertical stretchy arm slam.

The transformation definitely doesn't suck, though. It's amazing if you have a ton of stamina and abuse the shoulder tackle.

Maybe I need to start pumping points into Stamina like crazy then.

But as of right now it isn't all that great in a practical battle against multiple opponents when they all start hitting you and your stamina drains super fast.

Revven

But as of right now it isn't all that great in a practical battle against multiple opponents when they all start hitting you and your stamina drains super fast.

With at least 7-8 bars of stamina it's fantastic. 4 bars or less and it's pretty terrible, I'll agree. I didn't start using it more until I at least had 6 bars of stamina.

Kalentan

Just beat the main story is there anything like the first games 'secret' story after it? Like the one with Bardock and Brolly?

Also while I did like the story... did anyone else feel like it was a decent bit shorter than the first games?

With at least 7-8 bars of stamina it's fantastic. 4 bars or less and it's pretty terrible, I'll agree. I didn't start using it more until I at least had 6 bars of stamina.

thanks for the tip. I'll keep pumping until I at least have 7-8 bars then.

What do you prefer between it and Kaioken? Kaioken seems more practical, but maybe mastering giant form in the long run with no stagger is worth it.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

With 8 bars and the right soul it's busted in pvp. It's getting major nerfs

Kalentan

After playing the story... I do really wish they had also gone into the Super-only stuff. Felt too much like the story was just the first game +
resurrection F.

Revven

thanks for the tip. I'll keep pumping until I at least have 7-8 bars then.

What do you prefer between it and Kaioken? Kaioken seems more practical, but maybe mastering giant form in the long run with no stagger is worth it.

I haven't used Kaioken myself yet really. I used it a lot in the first game and it's pretty similar here. The issue you'll probably run into with Kaioken is that the stamina drain on x20 is pretty fast; faster than the Giant Namek form. You'd have to be really on point with vanish combos and stamina breaking to utilize it.

Just beat the main story is there anything like the first games 'secret' story after it? Like the one with Bardock and Brolly?

Also while I did like the story... did anyone else feel like it was a decent bit shorter than the first games?

There is an alternate ending that requires you to
collect 5 Toki Toki eggs.
. You obtain them by 100%ing all of the race specific quests... which requires you to create the 4 other races. Meaning you have to play up to the point where you get the Time Rifts open for each new character (each new character is basically a NG+; all skills, clothes, and etc. can be used from your main save but you're starting fresh in terms of content like the story, PQs, and etc). And then work on each race's quest line to 100% completion (which will differ for each race, like Nameks it's at least 6 quests you have to repeat 2 times).

Does Golden Form burn stamina, or is it just a toggle or something?

Also, where is that Steve Aoki guy?

halp

1. Golden Form doesn't drain anything. If you want to stop using it, just use the same button combination to detransform.

2. Steve Aoki is in the business district. If you are walking down the straight path right at the start of that section it's to the left, on a flight of stairs. You'll find him by a small building, standing there proudly in his Goku gi. Sort of across from the accessory shop.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
. You obtain them by 100%ing all of the race specific quests... which requires you to create the 4 other races. Meaning you have to play up to the point where you get the Time Rifts open for each new character (each new character is basically a NG+; all skills, clothes, and etc. can be used from your main save but you're starting fresh in terms of content like the story, PQs, and etc). And then work on each race's quest line to 100% completion (which will differ for each race, like Nameks it's at least 6 quests you have to repeat 2 times).

I got
all 5
on my majin, no other characters made

Revven

I got
all 5
on my majin

You did?

Huh. Well, I guess if you wanted to get the race specific transformation without having to do the quest line again then it would make sense to do it the way I described. But if you don't care for any of the other races then just complete all the Time Rift quests with your main character.

Kalentan

Woah that seems like a shit ton you need to do. Also when you say the time rifts are you meaning the expert missions?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
You did?

Huh. Well, I guess if you wanted to get the race specific transformation without having to do the quest line again then it would make sense to do it the way I described. But if you don't care for any of the other races then just complete all the Time Rift quests with your main character.
Yeah it's only needed for that :)
Woah that seems like a shit ton you need to do. Also when you say the time rifts are you meaning the expert missions?

guru/freeza/buu/hercule/capsule hubs

Revven

No, I'm meaning the race-specific locations like Namek, Capsule Corp., etc. The NPCs like Nail, Vegeta, Hercule, etc.

Also, it appears you don't have to start over a brand new character to get the
eggs
. You can just do the quest lines with your main character if you don't plan on playing as any other race (because each quest line, when played with that specific race, gets their awakening through it and so doing it 2 times wouldn't be fun lol).

No, I'm meaning the race-specific locations like Namek, Capsule Corp., etc. The NPCs like Nail., Vegeta, Hercule, etc.

Also, it appears you don't have to start over a brand new character to get the
eggs
. You can just do the quest lines with your main character if you don't plan on playing as any other race (because each quest line, when played with that specific race, gets their awakening through it and so doing it 2 times wouldn't be fun lol).

So you're telling me.. as an earthling.. that I have to work for Hercule to unlock my potential as a fighter.. the irony of that is amazing.

Kalentan

Okay and for one more question... Is the XBO population that small or is the servers borked? I see a bunch of players but it claims it can't find any PvP matches nor any PQ rooms.

Spaghetti

So, I got to the expert missions tutorial...

As soon as it gets to the "ram the giant energy ball" bit the game goes nuts, I can't tell what's happening because of the clusterfuck camera, and then everybody dies. If it's bugged I'm fucked, because it seems like a mandatory tutorial before the game continues.

So me and Yamcha played go fetch. He threw something into the center of the city, bragging that he threw it really far, and then started timing me. In a swift ten seconds I retrieved it from a pond no more than ten meters in the wrong direction and returned it, which prompted Yamcha's awe.

Oh, Yamcha. You are a tragedy.
1. Golden Form doesn't drain anything. If you want to stop using it, just use the same button combination to detransform.

2. Steve Aoki is in the business district. If you are walking down the straight path right at the start of that section it's to the left, on a flight of stairs. You'll find him by a small building, standing there proudly in his Goku gi. Sort of across from the accessory shop.

Thanks. I was assuming he'd be in the rec area for some reason.

I actually stumbled into "DJ" by accident. I was kind of expecting him to have the name Steve Aoki. But since he saved me from the carnival music, all is forgiven.

Rodin

Goku Black finally unlocked! Used him in a couple of early PQs. He'll be great for grinding out the desired skills and equipment.

Am i the only one who still doesn't have him? Steam downloaded a 16MB patch one hour ago but he didn't appear in my roster. Refunding if i don't get the character by tomorrow

Nordicus

Uuh, interesting.

Cooler just gave me a Super Soul that makes my charged ki blast inflict slow and poison for rest of the match.

Am i the only one who still doesn't have him? Steam downloaded a 16MB patch one hour ago but he didn't appear in my roster. Refunding if i don't get the character by tomorrow

I didn't notice him on my roster until about 30 minutes ago. Not sure if he's locked behind some sort of progression, but he will be on the top row, furthest to the right on the list of playable characters/allies. (Steam version also.)

Revven

Okay and for one more question... Is the XBO population that small or is the servers borked? I see a bunch of players but it claims it can't find any PvP matches nor any PQ rooms.

I don't really know the answer to this but if memory serves me correctly, Naruto Storm 4 had similar issues on XBO. People unable to get games and general server woes while PS4 for Storm 4 was 100% fine.

It might actually be super low population but I have no real idea. It could be also like I said, poor port of the online to XBO. Either or.

Would also like to know this

I don't really know this as I'm not there yet in regards to PQs (I've only done the first 50) but have you done all the Dragon Ball character wishes? And, have you tried talking to all of the blue ! marks on the HUB? Some of the ! blue marks are PQs you have to beat to unlock them to select from the time station area.

These are just guesses.

Memory

Server is overloaded i think, I've been playing online PQ's since tuesday and got games instantly, but I've been having a few issues since this morning when EU and PC got their hands on the game.

Expressions can get pretty wild during some supers and ults.
841BF018A8686CB081A16033C446DEB6EEC01030
That's Kaioken X20's transformation.

It's not broken, it's working as intended. You need to stamina break the opponent to get it to connect otherwise all it is is a glorified knockback attack when someone has stamina which means they can and will roll out of it.

Well, that's garbo, it's not like the kick is unblockable.

Revven

Well, that's garbo, it's not like the kick is unblockable.

Other moves in the game are like this and it was also this way with one of the DLC moves in XV1 (which is also a move in this game as well) -- where a manual stamina break wasn't even an option. You could only break someone's guard to get rid of their stamina and obviously that was a pretty rare affair in the first game (unless someone decided to try a raw ultimate like a ninny).

It's so easy to land a stamina break that you should already be using it and landing your ultimate that way. You're throwing away Ki by doing combos into ultimates when the opponent has stamina -- unless they are below 2 bars and even then with moves like Dragon Fist they'll still be able to roll out of it anyway.

I'm getting better at combos slowly, it's a lot harder to do and harder timings but i'm warming up to it.

Working on getting a lot of stamina because z-vanish is too useful.

What PQs have the transformations? I've only finished the Cell Saga but I don't see anything in the lists.

I just want to be a generic edgy sayian original character do not steal.

What PQs have the transformations? I've only finished the Cell Saga but I don't see anything in the lists.

I just want to be a generic edgy sayian original character do not steal.

none of them do, they are taught by your species "official", like vegeta in the capsule corp for saiyans.

Top Bottom