• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 |OT| Just in Time for Super

Rodin

Finally got Goku Black, he's awesome! That black kamehameha does A LOT of damage.

In my first 3 hours of play I've already seen so many things recycled from the first game. Feels like every single map so far is old.

True, but there's also a lot of new stuff. I'm happy that they kept many things from the first one, but hopefully with Super they managed to have more new content that we'll get later in the game and with the DLCs.

In my first 3 hours of play I've already seen so many things recycled from the first game. Feels like every single map so far.
There should be at least 3 new maps.
Tree of might one
Islands
Hell
World tournament and desert should've gotten a slight rework
Capsule corp has a destroyed alternate for future timeline

The rest is the same obv because we are going to the same locations

idonteven

quiters and complete idiots in the expert missions are just the worst

reminds me soooo much of doing mmo raids with random people that have no idea what they are doing

hosting a lobby 1 dude joins and is like " hey lets go i got this" while we need 5 people...some people think they are rambo lol

my dude looks so cool,thinking about losing the beard tho

dragonballxenoverse2_ddam8.png

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Perfect Shot is freaking amazing for ki based character stam break combos.

Been doing 12k plus weaving it in combos twice before they recover from break and it only cost 1 ki bar xD

Varna

I won't get this for a while... but a couple of things I'm interested in knowing.

How did they tweak transformations this time around to make them more balanced?

Do Saiyan's still have the same normal move set?

Is the AI more challenging this time around? Less super armor?

Better environments and destruction this time around?

Can any build still beam spam specials?

Is the gear system better this time? More emphasis on the way your character looks versus having to use gear to get stats.

Revven

So how do I get Kaioken X3? Is it still the same PQ but with some other hidden objective?

It's one of the earlier PQs that was also in the first game. And all Kaioken forms are merged into one skill and it's just that one PQ you need to do to get it; you'll need to get the Ultimate Finish to get it.

I won't get this for a while... but a couple of things I'm interested in knowing.

How did they tweak transformations this time around to make them more balanced?

Do Saiyan's still have the same normal move set?

Is the AI more challenging this time around? Less super armor?

Better environments and destruction this time around?

Can any build still beam spam specials?

Is the gear system better this time? More emphasis on the way your character looks versus having to use gear to get stats.

All transformations do something different now, they are balanced around certain things like ssj recovers ki much slower than normal, earthlings can get knocked out of theirs.

Movesets are expanded, but you'll see some of the same animations.
Ai is much better, no super armour

See my post above for stages

No beam spam.

You can change any gear ser into an item that will override your current gear stats

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
So when do you get Unlocked Potential? No, not "Potential Unleashed" that you get from the Old Kai fuckshit advancement tests -- no, Unlock Potential.

I need an awakening that doesn't transform me into a cloud, or drains the shit out of my already low stamina, and isn't locked behind worthless bullshit tutorials.

Please tell me I can get this transformation in this game... I can't find a lick of info on it concerning X2.. only X1... which makes me nervous. 'cause if I can't get this awakening skill then I'm pretty much up shits creek with my Earthling CaC. =/

Laiza

So when do you get Unlocked Potential?
There is no such thing. Closest thing to it is "Potential Unleashed", so get to grinding out those advancement tests.

Guru does "unlock" your "potential" (by raising your stat caps from 100 to 125), but that's it. There is no early-game equivalent to Potential Unleashed, besides maybe Kaioken.

Was doing PQ8 for the 3rd time in a row and Goku just never appeared for the final fight lol. Still got a C rating though.

So how do I get Kaioken X3? Is it still the same PQ but with some other hidden objective?
You don't. Kaioken is all three Kaioken skills rolled into one. 1-2 bars of ki = x2, 3-4 bars = x3, 5+ bars = x20. You don't have to grind to unlock it (aside from getting enough ki to use it).

Edit: Beaten like a rug.

So when do you get Unlocked Potential? No, not "Potential Unleashed" that you get from the Old Kai fuckshit advancement tests -- no, Unlock Potential.

I need an awakening that doesn't transform me into a cloud, or drains the shit out of my already low stamina, and isn't locked behind worthless bullshit tutorials.

Please tell me I can get this transformation in this game... I can't find a lick of info on it concerning X2.. only X1... which makes me nervous. 'cause if I can't get this awakening skill then I'm pretty much up shits creek with my Earthling CaC. =/

I'm not sure you can get that one...try equipping gear that boosts stamina and use kaioken x3.
I used my endgame 5* broly/whis gear at the start and it drained my 3.something stamina all the way down to 1.8 bars

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
*screams internally*

Welp, looks like I'll just have to gather those balls to respec my character to take advantage of kaoken. It is what it is.

I'm not touching those advancement tests ever again. Old Kai can get fucked.

Is it just me or does the translation and dub work feel incredibly lazy? I'm noticing a lot of typos, and the voice sync is so horribly off in the cut scenes and animated scenes that it feels like an amateur job.

Vic_Viper

Got Kaioken finally after 5 attempts. Thanks for the help guys. Now I just need 4 more levels to fight Vegita again for SS.

so the triangle+circle move is actually really good for getting ultimates off

timing the stun hit afterwards is a bitch and a half, but i found an ultimate that will connect right after, so i imagine a few of them are like that

though if you get the stun you can just do whatever you want

not taking stamina means my 3 bars can still be used for trying to deal with oppressive offense

e: Q, that's a pretty sick combo for two bars

I love EDM and kinda like Steve Aoki, but WTF did he do to Ch-La-Head-Cha-La? This is the worst rendition I've ever heard. There is no reason for an EDM remix of the song to sound so slow and boring. It was so lazily put together and sounds nothing like the OG

Revven

*screams internally*

Welp, looks like I'll just have to gather those balls to respec my character to take advantage of kaoken. It is what it is.

I'm not touching those advancement tests ever again. Old Kai can get fucked.

Er, you don't have to Z Rank the Elder Kai missions. You have to Z rank the piss easy tests the robot gives you. And all you need to do to Z rank them is to:

Get 3 grabs
Hit the opponent with 20 Ki Blasts
Do a 20 hit combo
Have more than 80% of your life (using a capsule at the end of the mission counts)
Finish one of them with an ultimate
Finish the mission in a transformed state (but since you aren't using a transformation...)
If you refuse to briefly equip the Power Pole Pro just for the end of the mission, then you can try to perform 5 ultimates or I THINK a Super Attack Finish on one of the opponents would be enough, too.

It literally only took me 30 minutes to Z rank all 5 (well I actually had to do 4 because I did Z rank one of them already) of the tests to get the final test to get Potential Unleashed.

Also, you kinda need to do it if you want to get the last two mentors (Goku & Whis) and their related skills.

Guard crush makes it refil super slow

The stam refills at different speeds in those two vids

What I mean is, do different amount of bars refill at different rates?
Because that last vid 16 has 6.2 bars of stamina, and he could've probably recovered before you hit him with flash strike, so what if someone has 5 bars or even 4?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
What I mean is, do different amount of bars refill at different rates?
Because that last vid 16 has 6.2 bars of stamina, and he could've probably recovered before you hit him with flash strike, so what if someone has 5 bars or even 4?

Then you do one less perfect shot :p

There are different combo paths based on bar count, all do high dmg xD

Durden77

So what exactly is the deal with transformations in this game? Are Kaioken/Super Saiyan just there for the attack buff? THe other transformations like the power pole and giant namekian are more obvious.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So what exactly is the deal with transformations in this game? Are Kaioken/Super Saiyan just there for the attack buff? THe other transformations like the power pole and giant namekian are more obvious.

Kioken reduces stam cost of teleports, 1x = 25% 3x = 50% 20x = 100%

Saw this in store earlier and couldn't resist. Time to create the most ridiculous character imaginable and fight some bad guys with my new best friend Son Goku.

idonteven

Oh wow, fucking awesome. Even though it was kind of finicky I loved the Kaioken's unlimited stamina in 1, so this sounds sweet.

So what about Super Saiyan? Just an attack buff?

super saiyan makes all charge attack work as instant transmission

pretty cool to charge up a 10x kamehameha miles away and BAM 1 sec and you are next to the dude firing away

Ok so dragon fist and 20x kaioken kameha can still be rolled out of even after a stamina break if your opponent has ~5 bars or less.
Fantastic.

Laiza

Oh, good.

Though it honestly doesn't bother me too much (since moves and items all carry over), it's nice to know they're likely to address it in the future.

cyress8

Banned
Soo, is the content in this game pretty good compared to XV1? Leaning over the fence to buy, but can not shake the feeling of content being too similar to XV1.

I like what I'm hearing about advancement tests and whatnot. Would like more info on how those play out.

Top Bottom