• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Peff

Nearly 18,000 peak simultaneous players on Steam. I think that makes it the second best debut of a Japanese game after Dark Souls 2? The thirst is real. It'd be nice if they went back and ported a combo of Budokai 3 and Sparking Meteor.

I stayed up too late playing this last night.
I regret nothing.
DBZ week 1 > The Order week 1.

Madness. I know its on 4 consoles compared to 1 but still, nice debut for Xenoverse

PL4v3.gif

Teknoman

Anyone with google spreadsheet knowledge making a friend list sheet?

And on that note, anyone feel like making a GAF steam xenoverse community banner?

Trying to keep track of when / how to replace music files too.

JNA

Banned
DBZ week 1 > The Order week 1.

Madness. I know its on 4 consoles compared to 1 but still, nice debut for Xenoverse

It's also the much better game out of the two.

Glad to see this game doing really well. Hopefully they give us a much better sequel later.

Korezo

Yo anyone beat the single player story? After the extra character slots unlocked I assume they will share the same level right? I am guessing the "level" I am is applicable to all my characters.

I beat it, but the only reason I haven't tried making a new character is because I thought they would start at lvl one and only have access to all your items,skills,clothing. I'm a make one right now to see.

Matchew

Anyone with google spreadsheet knowledge making a friend list sheet?

And on that note, anyone feel like making a GAF steam xenoverse community banner?

Trying to keep track of when / how to replace music files too.

Yeah this would be great. Would love to play with some people on steam.

Also, as a saiyan where should I put my skill point into. Ki blast?

Ultimadrago

It's worth trying them all out eventually, the differences in move-sets/combos is basically the same as between characters.

Really? Oh wow. I'm also noticing that the female and male Majin have different stats apparently. Can anyone shed light on what they are?

Edit: Nevermind, it told me. Lower health, huh? Damn..

Gbraga

I hope they let Dimps make a sequel instead of shifting it from dev to dev all the time. They have the means to make something really incredible if given the chance.

This "Destiny-like" game structure works surprisingly well here. I wonder if it could make for a great Naruto game. With a focus on adventure and exploration in the co-op quests, instead of just battles.

Trying to unlock SSJ4 Goku and down to the last parallel mission and by god is it frustrating.

Having to do it solo and outnumbered by multiple enemies that can stun lock you to death while they spam their ultimate's.

Ultimadrago

Level 32 female human, and I think I'm already stronger than my level 50 male human.

Spent no points other than Ki Blast Supers and Max Health with a 2:1 ratio of Ki Supers to Helath.

Spam dem Perfect Kamehameha.

Stealing strategy for meself.

Is that really all one needs though? What about Stamina and Max Ki?

So i picked a saiyan for my character. I finished up the cell saga just now and I don't have access to the super saiyan transformation. Do i have to buy it at some point? Or does a master give it to you? Or is it something else entirely. I really hope the character you create can become SSJ3 cause that's what i'm aiming for if its possible.

jwk94

So what are some advanced moves? My friend is kicking my ass in versus ><. He keeps teleporting behind me. How exactly does that work? Are you only able to do it a certain number of times? Also, how do you kick behind you or cancel a combo?

Nordicus

Some of the Parallel Quests starting from 4-Star difficulty get pretty ridiculous in escalation, it's amazing.

Oh, your team had trouble with the last 3 boss characters you faced together one after another? Guess what, now you get a rematch with all three at once! One for each player, isn't that fitting?

This game is such fun
Do i have to buy it at some point? Or does a master give it to you? Or is it something else entirely. I really hope the character you create can become SSJ3 cause that's what i'm aiming for if its possible.
You could have got it early from a Parallel Quest, but you're only one or two story missions away from getting SSJ available at Skill Shop. Also, SSJ2 is highest

Nameless

So i picked a saiyan for my character. I finished up the cell saga just now and I don't have access to the super saiyan transformation. Do i have to buy it at some point? Or does a master give it to you? Or is it something else entirely. I really hope the character you create can become SSJ3 cause that's what i'm aiming for if its possible.

It's a drop. Apparently apparently you have to wait for Goku to turn SSJ in the 'Legendary Saiyans' PQ then defeat him. Doing so should give you a chance at SSJ, but it's still up to RNGesus.

patchday

I beat it, but the only reason I haven't tried making a new character is because I thought they would start at lvl one and only have access to all your items,skills,clothing. I'm a make one right now to see.

Okay so even though you got bounced back to Level 1 with a new character you still access to all of your other stuff at least?

After I beat the story with my Frieza guy I really want to make a Saiyan badly

It's a drop. Apparently apparently you have to wait for Goku to turn SSJ in the 'Legendary Saiyans' PQ then defeat. Doing should gives you a chance at SSJ, but it's still up to RNGesus.

He can also purchase the skill from the store for like 50k zeni

Oh my god this one PQ. Fight like pretty much everyone, and when I get to Goku, Gohan, Goten, Goku and Gohan chain Super Kamehameha me so I'm juggled like 4 times ultimate.

Thank god I beat the normal objective only to find I'm fighting Vegito and SSJ3 Gotenks in the bonus. I think I'll need items this time.

Stealing strategy for meself.

Is that really all one needs though? What about Stamina and Max Ki?

Stamina is nice for escape, but I've done without it. I'm level 50 something and Max Ki does go up with levels. I feel like 4 bars is enough because you knock them down and use Maximum Charge to power up energy again to at least 3 bars.

DeaviL

Banned
Really? Oh wow. I'm also noticing that the female and male Majin have different stats apparently. Can anyone shed light on what they are?

Edit: Nevermind, it told me. Lower health, huh? Damn..

Which isn't / shouldn't be all that bad because of the Majins higher defense.

Revven

You have to buy it, it's a skill. Or get lucky off of a drop in a PQ.

Gbraga

So what are some advanced moves? My friend is kicking my ass in versus ><. He keeps teleporting behind me. How exactly does that work? Are you only able to do it a certain number of times? Also, how do you kick behind you or cancel a combo?

You can teleport out of blockstun by pressing X and using 1 stamina bar, you can teleport out of hitstun by pressing X and using 2 stamina bars, you can also use teleports offensively to extend your combos, costs 2 bars as well.

Kicking behind you (or in any direction really) is just tilt + square. It's great to punish defensive teleports if you can somewhat anticipate them.

N° 2048

You can teleport out of blockstun by pressing X and using 1 stamina bar, you can teleport out of hitstun by pressing X and using 2 stamina bars, you can also use teleports offensively to extend your combos, costs 2 bars as well.

Kicking behind you (or in any direction really) is just tilt + square. It's great to punish defensive teleports if you can somewhat anticipate them.

What is tilt?

Gbraga

What is tilt?

Hmmm, how can I put this.

Similar to how you can hold the dash button and just side step instead of dashing if you just press that direction instead of holding it.

I don't know if I'm making myself any more clear >_>

Kinda like the Forward + O unique attacks in Naruto Storm.

Got this last night on PS4, pretty cool so far. Made a Buu girl, but starting to wonder if I should restart and make a Frieza character. Decisions, decisions.

Stuart444

So been avoiding this thread the last few days, just got the game today (hoping to start it before I go to sleep).

It sounds like people are liking the game? That's good to see considering the reception of the more recent entries on PS360.

Will probably do the tutorial stuff before I head to bed :D.

Finally picked up a PS4 copy on my lunch break. I was hoping I'd be able to score a day 1 copy with SSJ4 Vegeta, but no luck :(

Bamco said they're never releasing him separately, right? =/

Ultimadrago

Although on the bright side thanks to Super Saiyan not actually changing the hairstyle making Launch would be pretty good.

Wait a second, so I should make a Female Saiyan then if I want to do this. I don't know why I thought Humans could turn Saiyan for a second there. lol

In that case, what stats should I focus on for an offensive build?

I had zero interest in this, but my friend reviewed it the other day and it definitely looked like more fun than I had thought.

I haven't played a dbz game since boudokai but I might have a go at this. Combat reminds me of zone of the Enders.

Friends video is below if anyone cares, he's a big dbz fan so don't expect it to be impartial. I don't know the gaf rules on this level of nepotism but it's a love in and the game has been well received in this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZCtDcWIG0E

Ultimadrago

Does your character's voice change at all in Super Saiyan mode?

I'm stuck choosing between Jap. Voice 8 and 10 for a Lunch clone and want to consider if her voice deepens in Saiyan mode.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Wow I finally got an S Rank on PQ 14: Legendary Super Saiyan.... GOT NOTHING! I already bought Super Saiyan but still not even a Z-Soul

The way to activate super saiyan on the quest is to kill Krillin first.

Grabbed this after work today. Needed something new after totally demolishing The Order 1886 last weekend. Managed to still get a Day One Edition despite not pre-ordering. Yesssssssssss.

Top Bottom