• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Muzicfreq

Banned
On the Steam page for the Season Pass I'm seeing Lunch, yet I see no official confirmation of her as a DLC character. I'm thinking she's probably just a Human Female costume. Goddammit, I want to play as Lunch ;__;

launch-s-sneeze-gif-dx6uaz.gif

would love it if they have the blonde hair version and have her usual uzi strapped to her.

Launch has to be my favorite female in the dragonball series

Sephzilla

*Gets Z Rank on mission and fills all criteria*

*Doesn't get that one really good item from the mission*

I like this game, I really do. But I absolutely despise some of the tricks it does to milk out its length.

Revven

so gear really doesn't matter... its all about level?

Gear really isn't that important, the arrows are percentage based that act somewhat as a multiplier. 1 Arrow = 2% increase, 2 arrows = 4% increase, etc etc. Not that significant at all. It may matter in situations where you'll get a full bar of Ki or Stamina but in other stats it mostly does not matter at all.

dubq

I finally got into a multi lobby last night but it didn't last long before the service disconnected me (hopefully they stabilize that soon). It was pretty cool to see all of these players running around though. What's the max number for the social hub? It seemed like there were a LOT of people in my lobby.

It's also odd that the multi lobby is the only way to add people to your favourites. Like I can't favourite the CPU version of a players character, only the real online version that they themselves are playing as can be added to your favourites.

Corgi

Banned
Gear really isn't that important, the arrows are percentage based that act somewhat as a multiplier. 1 Arrow = 2% increase, 2 arrows = 4% increase, etc etc. Not that significant at all. It may matter in situations where you'll get a full bar of Ki or Stamina but in other stats it mostly does not matter at all.

k. good enough excuse for me to stop wearing this dumb gold saiyan armor.

Revven

I finally got into a multi lobby last night but it didn't last long before the service disconnected me (hopefully they stabilize that soon). It was pretty cool to see all of these players running around though. What's the max number for the social hub? It seemed like there were a LOT of people in my lobby.

I think before release I heard them say it's over 200 people in one HUB?... Something like that.

martino

Thanks for the tips guys. Got past that stupid thing in the ship.

Random question. To get 20x Kaioken, do I have to grind out this Saiyan Pride parallel quest and hope that it drops or something? I'm not quite sure how to get things. I might be missing a requirement but this game's UI is a mess.

i tried to grind it but it seems to need a high level character to kill goku kaioken x20 (level 18 i'm tree shoot if he touch me)

Thanks for the tips guys. Got past that stupid thing in the ship.

Random question. To get 20x Kaioken, do I have to grind out this Saiyan Pride parallel quest and hope that it drops or something? I'm not quite sure how to get things. I might be missing a requirement but this game's UI is a mess.
Literally just bragging but I got the drop first time. It's an awesome Super to have and definitely worth grinding for.

Alright, I may consider that then. Can you change outfit/hairstyle at anytime? Seeing as the DLC is a ways off
You need to summon Shenron but that's easy if you google/Youtube the shortcuts.

When you press triangle on the generated Npc's there's a recruit fee, anyone know what it's for? I've not seen an option to recruit anywhere

Maligna

Banned
I know there are items you can use so...when does the game tell you about those or how to equip them? Do I have to get to a certain part of the story or did I miss something early on?

Equip them in your start menu, use them by pressing right on the d-pad and then one of the four face buttons on the controller.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Super Saiyan is better than Kaioken at least. You get unlimited ki with SSJ but only unlimited guard with kaioken. What in the hell am I supposed to do with unlimited guard when the only skills that use it are evasive and unlimited pinball combos are hard to do?

And I still haven't gotten used to teleporting. Most of the time my character disappears and flashes back in the same spot. I hope somebody mods in a practice mode.

SSJ is great for spamming Ki - Kaioken is dope for absolutely never getting touched and rushing everyone down. Infinite Stamina over a duration is nothing to scoff at if you have a basic attack focused character. Also, a good evasive skill = loops for days

Maligna

Banned
Thank you...I'll check that the next time I play

You're welcome. I felt bad that no one was answering your question, seeing as I've asked like 3 of them previously in this thread with no answers.

Speaking of which, I STILL would like to know how to group with your friends in this game. How do you get into the same hub world? Can you only add a friend to your team if they are in the same hub? How do teams work? I heard something about being able to favorite people, how do you do that? What's it for? Do teams allow you to stay with the same people after completing a PQ? Cuz as it stands I hate getting disconnected from people after each mission and having to send invites all over again.

Jeremy

Have the past Dragonball games been slowly incorporating all these new elements or did they finally just decide to go big?

Also, I thought playing a Saiyan would be my first choice but I ended up playing Majin and I'm enjoying it a lot. One question about the lore: why is Majin a race but we've also seen multiple official Majin characters of different race?

I feel like I'm missing something. How are you all going about leveling your character and just generally improving? Is the name of the game just playing parallel quests over and over or what? Also I have a lot of in game money, what are you all spending it on? I think my dude is only level 15, he feels hella weak still.

Zafir

Is this an MMO or singleplayer game with multiplayer? Can it be played just singleplayer?

It's kind of trying to be a bit of both? The story, parallel quests, and battles can all be done in single player, you can even have the town to yourself with generic NPCs replacing players.

VegettoEX

Neo Member
Have the past Dragonball games been slowly incorporating all these new elements or did they finally just decide to go big?
Both, in a way. Like, what kind of elements? More than one-on-one has been a thing for a while; 2010's Tag Vs. / Tenkaichi Tag Team from Spike on PSP (a portable version of the Sparking! / Budokai Tenkaichi games) introduced 2-vs-2, and last year's Battle of Z from Artdink introduced 4-vs-4.

2011's Ultimate Blast / Ultimate Tenkaichi introduced a character creation mode and there was a slightly-original-new-story-mode to go along with your character, but it wasn't anything to this extent.

All of the MMO-lite elements are brand-new to the Dragon Ball franchise here in this game (hub world, grinding for gear, etc.)... with the exception of Dragon Ball Online, which leads to...

One question about the lore: why is Majin a race but we've also seen multiple official Majin characters of different race?
Not sure I quite understand the question, but:

The vast majority of the story here in this game is being adapted from the now-defunct Korean MMORPG, Dragon Ball Online. This includes things like the Majin race (which... is kinda redundant, I guess). In a nutshell, Buu made himself a wife and now there's a bunch of them.

What other Majin do you think you've seen, beyond the various forms of Buu? If you're thinking of the villains under Babidi's control (Pui-Pui, Yakon, Spopovitch, Yamu, and even Dabra), they were more "under Babidi's Majin charm" rather than straight-up "Majin", so to speak.

Maligna

Banned

Also, I thought playing a Saiyan would be my first choice but I ended up playing Majin and I'm enjoying it a lot. One question about the lore: why is Majin a race but we've also seen multiple official Majin characters of different race?

Apparently fat Buu found a nudie mag and created a female Buu modeled after what he saw and thus began the Majin race.

my OCD? is kicking in but i havent spent a cent even when i know i should buy items to be able to beat missions easier

though tbh im just waiting to buy good armor and stuff (100k+ zenni?)

Trickster

Okay, another question about bonus objectives for a parallel quest.

For the quest "burst open and mix!", what is the bonus objective? I found a guide saying that mission needed to be done in less than 10 minutes and you would get the extra bit, but I did it in way less than 10 minutes, but didn't get the bonus objectives?

Top Bottom