• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

2016-01-15_00030kyu34.jpg

My arisen is cute.

CUTE!

This is fucking glorious at not 20FPS.

Vuze

Finished my character, think it's a decent result for my very first goofing around with the editor!

I can't wait until we get some high quality texture mods, skin looks like ass :p

I've made a character fairly quickly. Just double checking that there is a way to edit the appearance later, right?

Yes.

There's a vendor at an encampment where you can buy a single-use item to change your appearance. I think on your second playthrough, or maybe in post-game, there's an infinite use item for that.

Sectus

You.

Are.

Fucking.

Joking.

Me.

I will happily gift you a game or two for this, friend.

Edit: wait. Can I convert non-Dark Arisen save games over? I never got Dark Arisen, only vanilla Dragon's Dogma on X360. Will that work in the converter?

I forgot to mention that. When converting from xbox 360 to PS3, you need a Dark Arisen savegame. I wasn't able to get it working with original Dragon's Dogma saves.

Okay, help please. For the life of me I cannot remember how to add a game to GeDoSaTo.

I added the DDDA name to my whitelist, started the game up, but cannot get the status overlay to appear with +. It is supposed to look like this, right?

DDDA || Dragon's Dogma

Dinjoralo

I'm not really digging the character creator. None of the faces look... right. I can't tell what it is, but they all look really off. Oh well, at least I can make characters with gigantic noses like I do in any game with a character creator, that's always fun.

Stiler

Ok regarding the difficulty, you get unique armor for hard right? Do you still get this if you start on hard and knock it down to normal? Since starting on normal and then going to hard "restarts" the game I think that'd be better.

I heard that playing on hard is REALLY hard at first, but makes the game really really easy later on. So normal is actually "Better" in terms of early/mid game fun.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man Rook just keeps looting shit everywhere, wheres he finding all that crap lol

I'm trying to use the save converter to unpack my PS3 save, but it says that it's not a valid save. For the record, I'm trying to convert the DATA0.DAT file which I assume is the actual savegame. The command lines I've tried are:
ddsavetool -u DATA0.DAT
ddsavetool -u -console DATA0.DAT
Anything I'm missing? Do I need to convert the .dat first somehow?

Cleve

Hm, I played the intro fine, but where it should transition to the character creator it just freezes on the load screen.

Ugh, 3 replays of the intro and I'm still seeing this, despite different game settings. I guess I'll try re-downloading. No one else is experiencing this, right?

Unicorn

Anyone getting artifacting of text in pop up information (quest complete, notices, etc)? I'm on a surface pro 2 8gb and dunno what's going on. Saw this on an aging AGP video card years ago when it was on its last leg. I'm worried lol.

Game is great though, even if I'm getting barely better than console fps on low.

Yes.

There's a vendor at an encampment where you can buy a single-use item to change your appearance. I think on your second playthrough, or maybe in post-game, there's an infinite use item for that.

Nice, thanks a bunch! I just want to get into the game at the moment so I'm not too fussed with appearance.

JambiBum

I forgot to mention that. When converting from xbox 360 to PS3, you need a Dark Arisen savegame. I wasn't able to get it working with original Dragon's Dogma saves.

Can you post a quick tutorial for getting to run from cmd prompt? Whenever I try to run it from cmd it just opens a window and closes it immediately.

I'm trying to use the save converter to unpack my PS3 save, but it says that it's not a valid save. For the record, I'm trying to convert the DATA0.DAT file which I assume is the actual savegame. The command lines I've tried are:
ddsavetool -u DATA0.DAT
ddsavetool -u -console DATA0.DAT
Anything I'm missing? Do I need to convert the .dat first somehow?

It's not, data0.dat just sounds like some ps3 filesystem thing, you need to get the save out of that filesystem.

Unai

Ok regarding the difficulty, you get unique armor for hard right? Do you still get this if you start on hard and knock it down to normal? Since starting on normal and then going to hard "restarts" the game I think that'd be better.

I heard that playing on hard is REALLY hard at first, but makes the game really really easy later on. So normal is actually "Better" in terms of early/mid game fun.

I don't know. But about hard, it's more an annoyance than REALLY hard. You get more experiece so you get very powerful much earlier but still have limited stamina.

Zareka

Not game specific, but my DS4's left stick is really really sensitive in these menus. Just trying to navigate up and down make it veer off to the left and right at the slightest nudge. I've noticed this in other games but it was mostly negligible, here it's really hampering me. How do I adjust my stick sensitivity? I'm not using a program like DS4 (it's stopped working for some reason), it's just plugged in via USB.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Lets do this thing

24316904071_fc901c751a_b.jpg

There lived a certain man in Russia long ago
He was big and strong, in his eyes a flaming glow
Most people looked at him with terror and with fear
But to Moscow chicks he was such a lovely dear
He could preach the bible like a preacher
Full of ecstacy and fire
But he also was the kind of teacher
Women would desire

RA RA RASPUTIN
Lover of the Russian queen
There was a cat that really was gone
RA RA RASPUTIN
Russia's greatest love machine
It was a shame how he carried on

He ruled the Russian land and never mind the Czar
But the kasachok he danced really wunderbar
In all affairs of state he was the man to please
But he was real great when he had a girl to squeeze
For the queen he was no wheeler dealer
Though she'd heard the things he'd done
She believed he was a holy healer
Who would heal her son

RA RA RASPUTIN
There was a cat that really was gone
RA RA RASPUTIN
It was a shame how he carried on

[Spoken:]
But when his drinking and lusting and his hunger
for power became known to more and more people,
the demands to do something about this outrageous
man became louder and louder.

"This man's just got to go!" declared his enemies
But the ladies begged "Don't you try to do it, please"
No doubt this Rasputin had lots of hidden charms
Though he was a brute they just fell into his arms
Then one night some men of higher standing
Set a trap, they're not to blame
"Come to visit us" they kept demanding
And he really came

RA RA RASPUTIN
They put some poison into his wine
RA RA RASPUTIN
He drank it all and he said "I feel fine"

RA RA RASPUTIN
They didn't quit, they wanted his head
RA RA RASPUTIN
And so they shot him till he was dead

[Spoken:] Oh, those Russians...

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I'm using Xbox controller and the button tooltips keep flickering between Xbox buttons and K+M buttons. This is irritating to the point where I haven't moved from the starting location yet.

edit: never mind I had xpadder turned on for some reason

I am hesitant to post my impressions as I am currently just playing through the intro, but man oh man is the combat in this game fantastic! I've just gotten to the Chimera and it's probably one of the best fights I've played in an Action-RPG/RPG! I'd put it right up their with any boss battle in Dark Souls II. Even if the game develops some significant problems as it goes on, the intro is a testament to how cool the combat system in this game is.

Lagamorph

Why are unpausable cut scenes a thing in this game? Tried to pause part of the intro and skipped it instead.
Massive fail capcom.

Now I have to watch the intro on YouTube thanks to some idiot thinking it's still acceptable for the Start button skipping major scenes with no prompt or warning.

Damn.

Yes she is.

A big plus is that she doesn't get the weird face thing as much as others I've made during cut scenes.

Sliders are as follows, in case anyone wants:

Face Shape: 28 (Head Size -4)
Eyes: 4 (Vertical position -1, size +2)
Brows: 19 (Vertical position -1, spacing -1)
Nose: 6 (size -1)
Mouth: 2 (vertical position +1)
Ears: 1

Height: +4
Weight: 0
Torso: 1
Arms: 2
Legs: 6

This assumes all sliders not marked are set to 0.

Kyoufu

I am hesitant to post my impressions as I am currently just playing through the intro, but man oh man is the combat in this game fantastic! I've just gotten to the Chimera and it's probably one of the best fights I've played in an Action-RPG/RPG! I'd put it right up their with any boss battle in Dark Souls II. Even if the game develops some significant problems as it goes on, the intro is a testament to how cool the combat system in this game is.

The combat actually gets much better as the game opens up and you find your own style of play, so if you loved the intro then you're in for a really good time.

taa0098

Neo Member
Loving it so far, but kbm controls are pretty janky. I have dash set to shift, but my character only decides to dash sometimes, most of the time when I press it she'll grab instead. Weird. Also enter to confirm too many things in the menu, devs please stop using enter to confirm on kbm controls! It's all the way over there!

Definitely gonna switch to controller, but just thought I'd warn anyone wanting to use kbm that it's not perfect.

Top Bottom