• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DS`PSP`Xenon`Revolution`PS3`GBNext (BRING IT ON)

Status
Not open for further replies.

doncale

Banned
DS: $150 with built in PictoChat ...sold!

PSP: $300..but assuming Sony knocks the price down to $250 ...sold!

Xenon: $300 with strong 3rd party support and Halo 3 coming ....sold!

Revolution: $200~$300 with mysterious inovation for gameplay, powerful chipset, strong 1st, 2nd and 3rd party support and GCN compatibility....sold!

Playstation3: $300 with Blu-Ray, even with read-only BR-ROM, awesomely powerful new CPU and massive massive 3rd party support and PS1/PS2 compatibility....sold!

GameboyNext: $150? a new GB being made with N feeling pressure from PSP, probably forcing the new GB to be better hardware for its time, plus massive support ... sold!

Tim

I was about to say please pass the systems you're bored of my way.
But seriously, good times are coming for us geeks. I'll never buy a handheld or console for more than 200 dollar/euro, so psp will probably never be mine, as by the time this system is less than 200, GBNext will be looming so I'll probably buy that instead. NDS sounds better everyday, with built in pictochat and one of the greatest games of all time (goldeneye let's hope it's true, but I'm dissapointed by it's graphics and there will have to be at least 5 must have games for me to buy it.
As for next gen consoles I'll probably but the Revolution (kinda Nintendo fan after Sega dropped out of the hardware biz), but I'll most definitely wait a couple of months for its price to drop after the launch. And who knows maybe I'll buy a second console as well, but that's just impossible for me to say at this point.

Arcticfox

All that stuff is still less expensive then my next planned PC upgrade, plus I can probably save 20% waiting for the first price drop. Maybe I should spend my computer money on a new TV instead...

Phoenix

I will be waiting past the launch of the next consoles before buying as I plan to get exactly one console next generation - either a Xenon or PS3. While I want a PSP, I haven't seen anything on it that makes me want to spend money for it.

0% chance of a Revolution or DS.

pcostabel

Gold Member
Personally, I'm only interested in the PSP and PS3.

The DS looks OK, but the PSP is sexier. I have never been into handhelds, but I can't resist the appeal of the GT4 Limited Edition PSP. If Sony doesn't release it, I'll just pass.

The PS3 sounds like the real deal, with the most advanced architecture of next gen and Blue Ray you cannot go wrong.

Revolution is still too much of an unknown at this point, but I doubt I'll get it. I have a GC and love it, but I only have three games for it. And with Zelda going back to realistic style, I have no need for the next Nintendo console.

Xenon will be the weakest next gen, and I don't like FPS, so no point in getting it.

doncale

Banned
I for one, will be getting all SIX new gaming machines.

but might not get PSP or PS3 at launch. will probably wait for 2nd revision of each, plus 1 price drop on each.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom